Donations

robin

10 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Thanks! I sent one donation in the past, and it was in dollars, so I wanted to make sure in order to avoid double conversion! Getting on it, you should Be getting €30 soon!

Oh, USD is actually fine, too. 

Yes we did get it, thank you lots for contributing:tumblr_inline_mqt4gqGr4o1qz4rgp: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite being a new fan who doesn't really post and doesn't even have the time to come lurk often, I was curious about how this wonderful community came to be. After a bit of looking around, I felt such admiration for you guys and wanted to chip in little...

Seems like an amazing Yuzu attracts some similarly amazing people.

Great work!:67573730:

8 hours ago, Riceball said:

Despite being a new fan who doesn't really post and doesn't even have the time to come lurk often, I was curious about how this wonderful community came to be. After a bit of looking around, I felt such admiration for you guys and wanted to chip in little...

Seems like an amazing Yuzu attracts some similarly amazing people.

Great work!:67573730:

Thank you lots and lots and welcome to the community and you’re very welcome to end your lurkdom :67638860:

Finally logged in to my Paypal for the first time in like a decade.  Can't believe I remembered my login info.

Tried to read the FAQ but still don't understand everything.  I'm a cheap #%@! and want as much of the money I donate to go to the cause as possible.  Some questions before I send a donation.

1. In the past, the receiver had to pay fees if the sender used a credit card.  Does it make a difference for you guys whether I send money with bank account or credit card?

2. Is there a difference in the fees if you send multiple smaller donations versus 1 large yearly donation?

3.  Are there more fees if the money has to be sent internationally?  If so, since the PH team is worldwide, would it make sense for you guys to have multiple accounts so that we can send donations domestically if possible?

Bottom line, what is the best way to send money so that it is both practical and you get the highest percentage of the donation (Paypal or otherwise)?

12 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Finally logged in to my Paypal for the first time in like a decade.  Can't believe I remembered my login info.

Tried to read the FAQ but still don't understand everything.  I'm a cheap #%@! and want as much of the money I donate to go to the cause as possible.  Some questions before I send a donation.

1. In the past, the receiver had to pay fees if the sender used a credit card.  Does it make a difference for you guys whether I send money with bank account or credit card?

2. Is there a difference in the fees if you send multiple smaller donations versus 1 large yearly donation?

3.  Are there more fees if the money has to be sent internationally?  If so, since the PH team is worldwide, would it make sense for you guys to have multiple accounts so that we can send donations domestically if possible?

Bottom line, what is the best way to send money so that it is both practical and you get the highest percentage of the donation (Paypal or otherwise)?

Let me try to answer your questions:

1. If you pay from CC there's extra fees. (2.9% of the transferred sum.)

2. In general it's more cost effective to send larger sums less freuqently.

3. Yes, unfortunately. Eg. from the US to Europe that makes 2.99 USD per transaction.

- I don't think that's something we've considered up to now!

Thank you for considering contributing to us!

On 9/12/2018 at 8:49 PM, Old Cat Lady said:

On 9/13/2018 at 9:30 AM, robin said:

Let me try to answer your questions:

1. If you pay from CC there's extra fees. (2.9% of the transferred sum.)

2. In general it's more cost effective to send larger sums less freuqently.

3. Yes, unfortunately. Eg. from the US to Europe that makes 2.99 USD per transaction.

- I don't think that's something we've considered up to now!

Thank you for considering contributing to us!

I think sending "Friends and Family" with a bank account in the US is free usually with no fees taken from anyone -- if there are many people who donate from the US, we could make a US account? (But I'm not sure where everyone's from hehe)

We could also accept a check :D (btw thanks for helping out!! it's really helpful and appreciated!!) 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:21 AM, Neenah said:

Just sent another donation :)

On 9/14/2018 at 8:06 AM, TallyT said:

Had a bit extra this fortnight, have just sent a donation, let me know if you don't get it :7938863:

Thank you guysssss :10742289: We've gotten both of your donations