Donations

robin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you guys doing okay financially?  I noticed the Planet seems to have run into bandwidth issues lately.  Sorry, I planned to send a donation earlier but ran into some fiscal troubles.  I plan to send one for sure once I'm done with school and starting full time.

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Are you guys doing okay financially?  I noticed the Planet seems to have run into bandwidth issues lately.  Sorry, I planned to send a donation earlier but ran into some fiscal troubles.  I plan to send one for sure once I'm done with school and starting full time.

Hi! We didn’t actually have bandwidth issues but it turned out to be a small mistake that led to our database to be currupted which put the whole site down. We haven’t actually had any bandwidth issues ever since we switched to our current server plan and we have more than a year left on it. :) Really, don’t worry about it! There is no obligation to donate. What we’re collecting now is for the future when it’s time to renew our server plan. Thank you a lot for your contributions so far! 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:47 AM, robin said:

Hi! We didn’t actually have bandwidth issues but it turned out to be a small mistake that led to our database to be currupted which put the whole site down. We haven’t actually had any bandwidth issues ever since we switched to our current server plan and we have more than a year left on it. :) Really, don’t worry about it! There is no obligation to donate. What we’re collecting now is for the future when it’s time to renew our server plan. Thank you a lot for your contributions so far! 

good to know.  sorry I didn't read the rest of the forum before asking.

Please let us know a month or 2 in advance when you guys are ready to renew so us foreigners have time to get the money to you.  I think it makes the most sense for us to do a big lump donation so I'd rather just set aside some money and wait until it's time.