Top 5 performances of Yuzu’s amazing career

SC Origin has absolutely got to be in there. Also GPF Origin. And I'm partial to COR Origin too, although at the time all I wanted to do was drag the boy off the ice and give him a good talking-to for skating injured - again

H&L Helsinki for sure. PC Seimei. 4CC Ballade. Any version of HYK. Baby Romeo at Nice. and yes, COC POTO, no matter how gut wrenching (and, frankly, stupid of him) it was. Any LGC. Requiem Boston. 

It's all the ones that get you in the feels, isn't it? Those are what he'll be remembered for. 

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

Sold out alas, I hope there will be republications.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

SC Origin has absolutely got to be in there. Also GPF Origin.

Thinking they are both "the same program", yet SO different. And great. He may stay unsatisfied with them, because he didn't make them what he wanted to do with Origin, they are masterpieces, to watch and watch again.

Yuzu has so many programs that I love! 5 seems very hard to narrow down. I like all the choices of the author, but I have slightly different choice.

1. World2017 H&L: My all time favorite! The most beautiful program in figure skating history for me. He was so relax, so effortless, so breathtaking for every single moment of this program.

2. Olympics18 Chopin: Bring me to tears especially when he said "I'm back"

3. Olympics18 Seimei: I have no word to describe. The program was Yuzuru Hanyu all the way. 

4. 4cc20 Chopin: I just love this program. I think this is the best chopin he skates. The only reason olympics18 chopin above 4cc chopin for me was the emotion ties to olympics18.

5. World2012 R&J 1.0: The program was sensational. He was on and hold nothing back. 

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

SC Origin has absolutely got to be in there. Also GPF Origin. And I'm partial to COR Origin too, although at the time all I wanted to do was drag the boy off the ice and give him a good talking-to for skating injured - again

H&L Helsinki for sure. PC Seimei. 4CC Ballade. Any version of HYK. Baby Romeo at Nice. and yes, COC POTO, no matter how gut wrenching (and, frankly, stupid of him) it was. Any LGC. Requiem Boston. 

It's all the ones that get you in the feels, isn't it? Those are what he'll be remembered for. 

Yes to both COC POTO and COR Origin. If the standard is performances that left “an indelible impression,” they certainly rank near the top.  (Trauma is the most powerful type of memory, after all.)

:crazyshit:

And also every performance ever of LGC. I don't care that he never quite got a perfect one down. That program was phenomenal. 

I think for me, I'd swap Olympics Chopin for 4CC. Seimei was truly the performance of the Olympics because you could tell how much he was fighting for it. And not only is 4CC Chopin at its very best, it brings a kind of serenity or peacefulness with it, just knowing that whatever rough patch he was going through (and honestly I think there were a few things going on for our poor bunny), he'd found himself again. 

And I think 2013 GPF PW needs an honorable mention. I think it was that performance that made Patrick Chan realise that the Olympic gold really might not be his for the taking. Everything finally came together for Yuzu then and I think it was the first time he truly delivered on all the talk about him being the future of skating, etc. Everyone could see the potential in him but I don't think people were expecting him to get there for another season or so even though everyone knew it was coming. But then BAM at the GPF he showed up and did that in the short program. I wonder how much the odds (the legit ones for bets) on Patrick Chan winning the OGM changed after Yuzu delivered that SP performance. 

Olympics Chopin was such a huge relief, watching it in the small hours of the morning, after all the waiting and the teaser practices, that I can’t view it objectively as part of a body of work - it was the ‘he’s back ‘ moment and hindsight of the fact it was on painkillers and sheer willpower still doesn’t diminish the impact - for me it will always be the best, though I always have a soft spot for Murder face Chopin of NHK 2015.

11 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Olympics Chopin was such a huge relief, watching it in the small hours of the morning, after all the waiting and the teaser practices, that I can’t view it objectively as part of a body of work - it was the ‘he’s back ‘ moment and hindsight of the fact it was on painkillers and sheer willpower still doesn’t diminish the impact - for me it will always be the best, though I always have a soft spot for Murder face Chopin of NHK 2015.

I just it watched again to understand the 'murder face' description. lol, I'd forgotten about it but I know exactly what you mean now that I'm refreshed on NHK 2015 Chopin. 

I think it has to be at least top 5 per program category - sp, fs and ex, is more like it. 

H&L Helsinki, SEIMEI NHK & GPF 2015, Chopin & SEIMEI PC, LGC GPF, PW Sochi, RJ2 WC Saitama, POTO GPF (and CoC), RJ1 WC, Otonal COR, Origin SC & GPF Torino, Chopin 4CC...hang on, Requiem Boston, HYK Saitama, PW SC 2019, NS PC, NS WC, White Legend Sochi...oh wait there's more.......:13877886:

• 1 year later...
On 19/04/2020 at 11:56, Henni147 said:

Bem, se você não soubesse que Yuzu se machucou no COC, você nunca acreditaria, porque seu freeskate na final do Grand Prix foi (quase) impecável e o epítome de força e confiança. Considerando as pontuações ridículas que algumas performances têm hoje em dia, aquele freeskate brilhante foi realmente subestimado. Para mim, pessoalmente, aquele POTO foi superior ao desempenho do WTT. A queda no Lutz final foi uma das quedas mais charmosas da história da patinação artística.

EDITAR:

Eu gostaria de expandir essa lista para o meu top 10 pessoal (a ordem pode mudar dependendo do meu humor diário):

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

6. Chopin 4CC

7. Passarelas OLY Parisienne

8. NHK Seimei

9. GPF Vamos Enlouquecer

10. Origem SC

Primeiro suplente: COR Otonal

Nota de rodapé:

é uma loucura que um programa como OLY Parisienne Walkways não tenha chegado ao Top 5 de Yuzu. Outros skatistas esperam por uma obra-prima como essa durante toda a carreira.

Também é fascinante que os programas de Yuzu não precisem ser perfeitamente limpos para serem épicos e memoráveis. Ele pode vendê-los mesmo com oscilações ou quedas.