🎵Chopin Ballade No. 1 Bracket 🎶: Finals

Chopin Ballade No. 1  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh but 4CC gave us both a sexy Ina Bauer and the hand sliding down the leg into the A spin :10636614:

Personally I think 4CC has a captivating lightness and serenity to it; it combines the etherealness of Chopin 1.0 with the confidence of Chopin 3.0.

What a final. Two epic comeback performances after two very tough periods in Yuzu's career :softYuzu:

2017: Career threatning ankle injury.

---> Chopin 3.0 in Korea 2018: I'm back!

2019: Painful defeats and struggles with his tribute programs.

---> Chopin 4.0 in Korea 2020: This is me!

This makes me teary :sadPooh:

Well, this one's easy for me. PC Chopin is the reason I'm here. I watched figure skating every four years at the Olympics, except for Sochi. (I was too busy with school and I didn't watch it!) So I watched the men's short program, and was completely captivated by Yuzu's skate. By the time the free skate happened, I was pretty much totally converted. I'd never seen anyone move like that before, ever... and, well, here we are.

6 hours ago, cereus said:

Oh but 4CC gave us both a sexy Ina Bauer and the hand sliding down the leg into the A spin :10636614:

Personally I think 4CC has a captivating lightness and serenity to it; it combines the etherealness of Chopin 1.0 with the confidence of Chopin 3.0.

For me it's 4CC all the way. He owned that performance easy as breathing. PC Chopin certainly has a special place in my heart because it was like the sun coming out after a blizzard, but in terms of which one was the better, more perfect Yuzu performance, it's 4CC. 

You know how he sounds in media when he introduces himself and says his own name? That's what 4CC Chopin was like. At least, in my eyes, anyway.

I agree that 4CC Chopin is probably the most perfect version ever, however Olympics Chopin has such a sentimental component to it.

Same as @river, Oly Chopin was what made me became a Yuzu fan.  Therefore, I would HAVE TO choose it.  Sorry 4CC Chopin - I still love you very much!

This was a tough choice. I liked both of them but I thought I like the Olympic version better having watched it multiple times although 4CC has a special meaning to me as I have watched it live. I ended up watching both performances side by side on youtube and the choice is clear for me even without the special attachment. 4CC is my pick! 

omgoshh nooo so close. for the first time im actually gonna be upset seeing yuzu catching up against yuzu lol please vote for Olympic Chopin! 

come on guys the ina bauer was extended longer at PC. and  rippon 3T! every single jump and spin was right on the musical note! the only reason it wasnt a record breaking perf was bc Nathan still had to skate so judges had reservation with Yuzu's score. They even took down his spin level. Otherwise, to me theres nothing less perfect about Olympic PC than 4cc. you could say the 4T was a tad low on the landing but he came back with a rippon 3t. The step sequence was in my opinion better performed.  

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

omgoshh nooo so close. for the first time im actually gonna be upset seeing yuzu catching up against yuzu lol please vote for Olympic Chopin! 

come on guys the ina bauer was extended longer at PC. and  rippon 3T! every single jump and spin was right on the musical note! the only reason it wasnt a record breaking perf was bc Nathan still had to skate so judges had reservation with Yuzu's score. They even took down his spin level. Otherwise, to me theres nothing less perfect about Olympic PC than 4cc. you could say the 4T was a tad low on the landing but he came back with a rippon 3t. The step sequence was in my opinion better performed.  

At 4CC too it was underscored. I didn't chose score-wise anyway : I just noted that there was a tension at Pyeong-Chang, which prevented his interpretation to be perfect. At 4CC it was (or I had the feeling it was) pure interpretation of a music I love.

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

At 4CC too it was underscored. I didn't chose score-wise anyway : I just noted that there was a tension at Pyeong-Chang, which prevented his interpretation to be perfect. At 4CC it was (or I had the feeling it was) pure interpretation of a music I love.

nah I was just campaigning for Oly Chopin, nothing against 4cc