✨Fantasy Yuzu Bracket ✨: Semifinals

Seminfals  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Paskud said:

It's little Romeo anniversary today! Vote for little Romeo!

That day he was the quintessential Romeo. Not the exact Shakespeare character, nor the character of the musical (which I don't know), but the essence of youth in despair, impatience and love. I have never heard about such an interpretation even in a theatre or movie, not to speak of skating or ballet where there is a demanding technical part to master before acting, let alone the skating itself. Because when an actor is good and experienced enough to play Romeo, he doesn't have the fire anymore, even less the youth. Here we have the exceptionally early talent, (I am sorry for the pains themselves, I still wish so much he wouldn't have had them though they were so useful to his talent and dedication) the physical and moral (the latter so deeply felt) pain, and his already wonderful skating to enhance it.

He IS Romeo, forever. Fall and all.

And before watching it, I just thought Romeo was an impossible part.

We all hope he skates to Romeo again, but now he is a grown man, I wonder if he could.

I don't mean to influence the vote because I have no opinion as to which must win (and I refuse to choose, so I don't vote for this bracket).

42 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

wait so is the winner in the final bracket will compete with chopin?

But how will this work though? The Chopin bracket winner will be that one specific performance of Chopin, while the winner of this bracket will be the programme in general instead of a specific performance right

8 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

But how will this work though? The Chopin bracket winner will be that one specific performance of Chopin, while the winner of this bracket will be the programme in general instead of a specific performance right

yeah true but im sure we're also choosing the program here based on our impression of the best program in our mind. so we're just pitting the winner here with the winner among the chopins. But thats just my question since chopin wasnt included in this bracket. im sure it would have made the finals if it had

This round is so tough... I can't choose between H&L and SEIMEI and I love LGC and Romeo both...

SEIMEI is a very unique and well-composed program, and for me, a perfect interpretation of the Onmyoji, one of my favorite novels.

H&L, on the other hand, is so Yuzu and I have become emotionally attached to this program seeing his journey with this program in the 2016-2017 season.
LGC is another well-composed program which is so fun to watch. I cannot forget how the audience reacted to the last few moments after the knee slide as if they were in an ice show at NHK2016.
As to Romeo in R&J 1.0, I might prefer the Ci version in terms of interpretation. All the R&Js in the 2011-2012 season was exciting, but to me, they all looked like a step toward something he would be able to present in the near future. His performance in Ci was the complete interpretation of Romeo I envisioned in the 2011-2012 season. However, I can never let go of R&J in Nice. It is an embodiment of fortitude, one of the most beautiful things he has.