2019–20 Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) Thread

Figure_Frenzy

Hope your colleague will be fully recovered soon. 

The vaccination programme has certainly saved many lives. 

Adapting our lives to live with COVID will be the new normal. Disease surveillance and continued public health measures are integral to keeping this from becoming another crisis

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Disease surveillance and continued public health measures are integral to keeping this from becoming another crisis

And these are the two things a lot of people are hoping to get rid of, at least where I live. Despite the fact that the disease is still here

It seems there is often a short or selective memory for catastrophes

With this pandemic, simple personal measures - distancing, face coverings, getting vaccinated, hand hygiene and sensible self isolation helped to 'flatten the curve' 

I firmly believe that reducing personal exposure reduced risk of infection. Every individual who followed the measure really helped

Omicron variant was less severe so all people can see is that there are less deaths, ergo - the disease is no longer a danger. Complacency has set in

I still wear a mask in crowded indoor spaces and use hand gel and try to give other people a wide berth etc. I can only take responsibility for my own actions 

Really hoping that there won't be new mutations which are as lethal as original, alpha, beta, delta

• 2 months later...