2019–20 Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) Thread

Figure_Frenzy

Great creator Kenzo, "the most Parisian of Japanese", died at 81 in consequence of CoViD-19 at the American Hospital in Neuilly. :cry:

He had retired as a "grand couturier" but still had projects, and had launched a new concept, K3, in January.

I didn't manage to find when he had contracted it, or started to show symptoms.

Latest news this morning is that DT asked the security guys (both in N95 masks, face shield, and full protective gear over their suits)  to drive him around in a hermetically sealed SUV around the outside of the hospital so he could wave to his "fans" to make a photo op 😣. So hasn't learned anything or worse, he knows, but is too self-centered to care.  Afraid to think about what will happen next. The White House reporter pool whose job is to follow him around weren't told about this and sent back to the White House instead.

9 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

The edit button seems to be gone (temporarily), so I will have to try harder to post correctly the first time (no typos, etc.) :/

Oh I found the edit button---it's just in a different place.

Is there a way to delete posts or can you just hide them?

No, you can hide them, only the moderators and admins can delete posts. 

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

Latest news this morning is that DT asked the security guys (both in N95 masks, face shield, and full protective gear over their suits)  to drive him around in a hermetically sealed SUV around the outside of the hospital so he could wave to his "fans" to make a photo op 😣. So hasn't learned anything or worse, he knows, but is too self-centered to care.  Afraid to think about what will happen next. The White House reporter pool whose job is to follow him around weren't told about this and sent back to the White House instead.

Totally reckless and selfish move. That vehicle is hermetically sealed.  The SS guys will have to quarantine for 14 days and may get sick.  Or die.  He doesn't care.

So Trump is leaving the hospital... telling everyone that they should not be afraid of Covid. Great. He gets the best treatment you could possibly get (some of it isn't even approved yet for the public and is still experimental) and is able to leave hospital and then downplays the threat of it. Nice slap in the face to all those Americans who have died who weren't able to get his *probably only person in the world* level of intervention, and those who barely have any health coverage at all thanks to his efforts...

DT just took his mask off for a photo op at the entrance to the White House. This is so expected and pathetic and so sad for the US. Sure this will appear in some campaign ad soon. Poor White House photographer who had to take his pic; at least he was masked. 

🥴 He just restaged his walk into the WH to get a better shot—- unbelievable! 

It’s obvious that when Trump recovers, he’s going to say again that this is like flu and continue to downplay the seriousness of this whole pandemic. 

I don’t want to have evil thought on him but it’s hard to spare any kind thought for him. 

I read that he had received Remdesivir shortly before going back to the White House. If my understanding is correct, it is an antiviral? If he still needs it, he should have stayed in the hospital or at least avoid going out/contacting with people for a while? I feel really sorry for those who have to work for him. I also read that he had been pressuring people around him to take off their masks 😖

DT continues to live down to people's expectations. Just when you think there could be a chance for him to change  his tune, even just a tiny bit, he stays true to his narcissistic self. That display on the White House stairs last night was something you'd expect from some dictator, wanting to create his own reality to project to his people. I think that's why he loves dictators so much, he wishes he could be one. The signs are all there.

Just to be clear, DJT is still shedding virus at this point. Him going back to the white house is just plain recklessness 😒. If he so insist to have his recovery process at the WH, then the workers at the WH deserve no less than a hazmat suit for work 😑  ...and truth to be told I don't think that even bumbling BoJo was this reckless during his own illness period 😒😑😑

The man is a serious risk to everyone around him and anyone who listens to him, as if he's telling the truth.  He tweeted out today that Covid is less lethal than the regular flu, stating that the flu kills 100K a year.  The flu has killed about 100k people total in the last five years.  The death percentage is 0.1% while Covid is at least 1+%.  Not to mention the over 210,000 Americans already killed by it.  He's making it worse.

7 hours ago, barbara said:

The man is a serious risk to everyone around him and anyone who listens to him, as if he's telling the truth.  He tweeted out today that Covid is less lethal than the regular flu, stating that the flu kills 100K a year.  The flu has killed about 100k people total in the last five years.  The death percentage is 0.1% while Covid is at least 1+%.  Not to mention the over 210,000 Americans already killed by it.  He's making it worse.

I sincerely hope that enough of your fellow Americans see him for what he is and vote to make a difference... if he stays in, I really fear for everyone, everywhere... and if he loses I fear what havoc he will wreak in the months before he is supposed to leave office...

Tbh, covid-19 has ruined one thing in the small list of things that relaxed me and kept me passionate thorought the year, skating. No real international competitions, no Yuzuru Hanyu, no nothing. I am so bummed. This year has to be deleted, skating wise.