2019–20 Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) Thread

Figure_Frenzy

5 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Karma.  And he knew he'd been exposed and still went to a closed-door fundraiser today. Bloomberg News broke the story about Hope Hicks having it - they all knew yesterday so he knew he could be contagious today and exposed countless others.  And, I'd put money on at least a half dozen other top staffers have it, too, including Jarod.  Also - he may have had it two days ago when he met with the VP - and the VP also saw Hope.  The chickens have come home to roost.

16 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Bet you $10 that no matter how this goes for him, it'll be downplayed as a 'minor infection' and he'll tell people he doesn't see what all the fuss is about.

Would it be evil for me to say that I hope he learns a very sharp lesson?

BoJo tried to play down his encounter with the virus at first - or his team did - but he appears  to have lost some of his usual vim and vigour,  and he’s hired a personal trainer  Not talking sense apart from trying to improve his own personal circumstance, but he had a virus, not a common sense transplant - one can’t expect miracles.

Feel badly for all the people around him who have been exposed to it, either by him or by whoever gave it to him, because of his politicizing the use of masks or, in his case, non usage of masks... I hope, as I hope for everyone who gets covid, that they make full recoveries.

I listened to the radio this morning and they were speculating if he was even ill, talking about the October Surprise that often occurs in election year.  His capacity for constantly lying makes people actually go there.

My first thought was that he would either brag about how easily he beat it, and say it was no big deal, and the other thought was that if he gets seriously ill and recovers (thanks to the best treatment he can get, unlike most others), he will use this to facilitate a shift in how he treats the virus nationwide, hoping to win support. No matter what, he will definitely spin it. As for his base, who knows what they think now... i wonder if they still think it's a hoax.... 

Trump is someone who will never admit he was wrong.  But he'd have never allowed himself to look "weak" by being taken away in a helicopter to the hospital if he wasn't worried about his health - not about anyone else's, but his own.  I wish it was an inflection point but I bet it won't be.  

I feel only moderately sorry for hoping he is seriously sick.  It's our only hope.

When Trump got it i was like "So it finally happened". Like it is a surprise to absolutely nobody. It is just a matter of time before his encounter w the virus. Will he learn anything?, i dont think so thou. He got the best medical care, he won't be in critical condition, he'll never understand.

On 10/2/2020 at 2:36 AM, Ladysci said:

I’m worried about Joe Biden since that debate this past week was so ballistic and FLOTUS as well as Hope Hicks were in the audience.

Hope Nancy Pelosi has not had contact with any of them.

Biden tested negative.

I would say that hopefully Trump will learn his lesson about taking pandemics seriously, but I don’t think he has the capacity for self-reflection that would take.

14 hours ago, monchan said:

Will he learn anything?, i dont think so thou. He got the best medical care, he won't be in critical condition, he'll never understand.

18 hours ago, barbara said:

I feel only moderately sorry for hoping he is seriously sick.  It's our only hope.

I mean with what he is able to access for maintaining his physical condition it's likely that he will recover from this (I mean, the previous two leaders (Boris Johnson, Bolsonaro) recovered from it). Whether he'd learn anything... At this point I am more inclined towards the possibility that, in the event that he recovers, he might keep downplaying it anyway :facepalm:

19 hours ago, liv said:

I listened to the radio this morning and they were speculating if he was even ill, talking about the October Surprise that often occurs in election year.  His capacity for constantly lying makes people actually go there.

Put in spoiler because of long-winded rambling

Spoiler

He is capable of deliberate evil acts but not to the mastermind level, so to speak. If that were indeed the case, what's in it for him (and his base) actually? Fishing for sympathy? (But from who? His supporters? Don't think it's going to work that way. For the people across the aisle? Why would they sympathize with him, especially when he is bumbling around, never taking the situation seriously and endangering the people he is supposed to lead?). There's also the speculation that he tries to get out of the presidential race by feigning illness — which I must say is pretty hilarious, but I don't think that's the case.

Anyhow this is just my long winded way to say that no, he's not that smart to scheme that far with faking the 'rona, for whatever reason it might serve him :P

Anyway, as others have commented, it's really easy to just wish him ill pun absolutely not intended LOL in this situation, but the unfortunate thing is, he is still the president, and we need the situation to not devolve further into chaos (which might happen if his condition deteriorates rapidly), so yeah, sucks as it sounds, it'd be better for all of us at the moment if he recovers from it :/

I am not sorry for the GOP senators and his inner circle people that caught the virus though — who told them to underestimate the rona? WHO??!?!? ...serves them right :P

4 hours ago, river said:

Biden tested negative.

I would say that hopefully Trump will learn his lesson about taking pandemics seriously, but I don’t think he has the capacity for self-reflection that would take.

Now we know he was likely positive and contagious at the debate. I'm sure the Biden campaign were practicing good health safety measures, but will want to keep getting tested.  And as far as Trump learning anything - maybe so, but he is constitutionally incapable of admitting that he has been wrong about anything, ever.  He, and his minions, continue to lie and obfuscate about the timeline and the seriousness of his infection.