Grand Prix assignments and how they work

18 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

Cool thanks. I'm positive that Yuzu will be invited to GP events. Now the question I most want to know is whether NHK will ask him and whether he will go to Skate Canada. NHK is right in the middle so in order for him to do NHK, he either has to start early at Skate Canada or skate late right before GPF. I know he's thirsty to get his GPF championship back.

Yuzu is so popular. I believe any federation want him. but idk about SkA. They have Nathan and I think USFS don't want him to compete with yuzu there...? 

15 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Yuzu is so popular. I believe any federation want him. but idk about SkA. They have Nathan and I think USFS don't want him to compete with yuzu there...? 

The USFS likely wouldn't want Yuzu there since that would make Nathan getting the gold there less likely. Since Chen has started on the senior level Yuzu hasn't competed at SkA. I did a general google search to see how many times he's competed at SkA and he's only gone there once (2012) so it's probably VERY unlikely he'll get assigned to SkA, solely because he's hardly ever gone there. CoR and NHK seem to like him though, NHK isn't surprising and it's likely a preference of Hanyu's. 

25 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

The USFS likely wouldn't want Yuzu there since that would make Nathan getting the gold there less likely. Since Chen has started on the senior level Yuzu hasn't competed at SkA. I did a general google search to see how many times he's competed at SkA and he's only gone there once (2012) so it's probably VERY unlikely he'll get assigned to SkA, solely because he's hardly ever gone there. CoR and NHK seem to like him though, NHK isn't surprising and it's likely a preference of Hanyu's. 

I also thinking he would want to go to NHK. If he doesn't want traveling too much perhaps skate Canada. Will Patrick continue to compete or retire? I don't want Yuzu to go to idF because.... plastic medals, disco podium, bad ice, also no flags :facepalm: 

3 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

I also thinking he would want to go to NHK. If he doesn't want traveling too much perhaps skate Canada. Will Patrick continue to compete or retire? I don't want Yuzu to go to idF because.... plastic medals, disco podium, bad ice, also no flags :facepalm: 

Patrick Chan officially retired after the PC Olympics. 

idF sounds terrible, particularly with the plastic medals. 

I'd gander that Yuzu will likely be going to SkC and NHK if he's able to, and chances are despite being out a majority of the season his OGM will make hosts want to invite him. 

It's top 3 and top 4-6 at Worlds (not ranking/standings but the competition) who can't meet each other in the same GP event the following season, until the finals. So Yuzu and Shoma (1, 2) couldn't meet each other in GPs this season but neither could Javi and Nathan (4, 6).

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

It's top 3 and top 4-6 at Worlds (not ranking/standings but the competition) who can't meet each other in the same GP event the following season, until the finals. So Yuzu and Shoma (1, 2) couldn't meet each other in GPs this season but neither could Javi and Nathan (4, 6).

What about NHK 2012? Yuzu and Daisuke competed at the same GP. Has the rules changed? 

1 hour ago, Yuazz said:

What about NHK 2012? Yuzu and Daisuke competed at the same GP. Has the rules changed? 

I've no idea how that one worked back then and am not sure if the rules were in place already and just waved away or if they hadn't been in play yet. 

I know it's not a grand prix assignment, but what do you guys think about 4CC?

Yuzu hasn't really done it much, and I'm thinking the only reason he did it in 2017 was because it was held at the 2018 Olympics venue. Maybe he wanted to try the arena out?

A lot of people are saying that he might come to the 2019 4CC to complete his medal collection, but I don't know if Yuzu even cares about 4CC all that much :notamused:

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

I know it's not a grand prix assignment, but what do you guys think about 4CC?

Yuzu hasn't really done it much, and I'm thinking the only reason he did it in 2017 was because it was held at the 2018 Olympics venue. Maybe he wanted to try the arena out?

A lot of people are saying that he might come to the 2019 4CC to complete his medal collection, but I don't know if Yuzu even cares about 4CC all that much :notamused:

I think the deciding factor of whether he does it or not is if he feels like he needs a competition before Worlds that doesn't interfere too much time wise with his training. Since 4CC is in the USA, it can be an option. And who knows if he'll want to complete his gold medal collection with that too. His motivations for next season can go beyond the 4A, hopefully. 

4CC is in California, which is not that close to Toronto (basically 5h flights without stops), but it's closer than to most European countries and definitely closer than Asia. 

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

I think the deciding factor of whether he does it or not is if he feels like he needs a competition before Worlds that doesn't interfere too much time wise with his training. Since 4CC is in the USA, it can be an option. And who knows if he'll want to complete his gold medal collection with that too. His motivations for next season can go beyond the 4A, hopefully. 

4CC is in California, which is not that close to Toronto (basically 5h flights without stops), but it's closer than to most European countries and definitely closer than Asia. 

And also only a three hour time difference, so there's no worrying about jetlag :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

i really want him to come here

15 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

And also only a three hour time difference, so there's no worrying about jetlag :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

i really want him to come here

He has mentioned in an interview from last year that one of his motivations for attending the 2017 4CC was that he hadn't won a 4CC title yet, so fingers crossed!

if he comes to 4CC, let's go together and shower zuzu with winnies and kaneki-kun plushies :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

• 2 months later...

I just realized than like Yuzu, Boyang is not a seeded skater.

The order will be, SkAm, SC, CoC, NHK,  Rostelecom, IdF. I'm assuming no top 3 will get back to back assignments.

So, Skate America will take Nathan. 

Rostelecom will get Kolyada. 

CoC will take Boyang and they'll have to take one of the top 3 seeds, I'm thinking Kolyada. They won't want Nathan.

NHK ... now's the question. Shoma or Yuzu? Unlikely they'll take both. But maybe it's finally Shoma's turn, especially if it's his choice. They won't take Nathan.

SC will take Shoma if Shoma's gets NHK too. IdF will take Nathan.

So, if Shoma gets NHK and SC ( omg) Yuzu's most likely options will be CoC and IdF/Rostelecom, I'm thinking IdF because Russian Fed might not want Yuzu this time because Kolyada might actually win this one if he's alone.

If NHK still opts for Yuzu then Shoma will probably get IdF and SC. So it'll leave... SkAm for Yuzu.

SkAm: Nathan, Boyang

SC: Shoma

CoC: Boyang, Kolyada, Yuzu

NHK: Shoma

Rostelecom: Kolyada

IdF: Nathan, Yuzu

OR

SkAm: Nathan, Yuzu

SC: Shoma

CoC: Boyang, Nathan, Kolyada

NHK: Yuzu

Rostelecom: Kolyada

IdF: Shoma

Lol, either way, my crystal ball says Yuzu vs. Nathan.

Hmm... I would guess that Yuzu wants a vs Nathan at the GPF, but not necessarily earlier. 

I still think it's a given that he will attend NHK. He's been doing NHK for every single year after Sochi.

For the other comp, I'd guess SkC or 4CC, simply because he hasn't got a gold there. I am 100% that at the bottom of his heart he wants one. (Didn't he say in one interview that he put the SkC silvers next to his bed?)

Between SkC and 4CC... SkC is a/ closer to home and b/ happens before NHK, so it's a good place to try out programs. 

So in short, Yuzu = SkC + NHK.