Grand Prix assignments and how they work

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

If he wins GPF for the 5th year in a row, I challenge the judges not to give him the PCS he deserves during Olympics. 

But I'd rather him go easy at first. It doesn't matter if he takes two silvers to qualify for GPF... he knows when he needs to peak. 

(Of course, if he manages to enter a clean streak... no one will stop him)

I hope he wins GPF. I think that competition means a lot to him, even if it's not worlds or Olympics.:heartbeat:

4 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

I think it might be dangerous for Yuzuru. If he's too tired he might do badly enough and not get into GPF - which would be a blow to Olympic momentum.

I...am not sure that's likely? Fingers crossed, of course. I mean, the top 6 in the world is pretty clear. for Yuzuru not to make it someone like Jason Brown (7th at Worlds) would have to do better than him which seems....unlikely. Maybe one of the juniors could make a case but...still seems unlikely.

well definitely no matter what, any gp of yuzuru's is for sure going to coincide with patrick, nathan, or javi. esp with nathan if he does do SA (very unlikely since it's usfsa but you never know) that would be big headlines that they would possibly want to hype nathan up (usfsa i mean, to also garner interest when olympics comes around for the casual fans) but again, this is all politics and guesswork. 

also i'm really feeling that he'll choose sc over cor. it's just a gut feeling, but i don't think yuzuru would choose a european gp if given the choice

8 hours ago, ShiroKJ said:

Don't tempt them. Manipulation of components take little to no effort and PCS is only 1/3 of the judging worries.

You're right, I was also thinking about GOE's. In 2015, GPF and NHK, his GOE's were beautiful. All 3's across the board. This year, despite the fact that most commentators were expecting the same after that Free Skate at Worlds... well... didn't happen. But this year was a hard one for Yuzu. Probably, the judges felt more justified to NOT give him 3's because of his struggles with the Salchow combination, or even his struggles with the loop at the beginning of the season, OR EVEN his fail at B*ston.

That's why I think that if Yuzuru begins the season calmly, determinated, confident that he is the Absolute Champion after all, and if this brings him to do mostly clean programs and win GPF for the fifth time... the judges's hearts might be conquered once again after all. 
(I don't know if this was OT, if it was, forgive me) 

47 minutes ago, katonice said:

Guys, what do you think this is about? I thought they won't be released till June?

Apparently they're coming sooner. You're allowed to go into panic mode now. To Skate Canada or not to Skate Canada?

I cannot handle the extra excitement today. I'm already nerve-wrecked over trying to buy some Disney shoes (sorry, not Pooh bear)

Yes, I'm a sad person, but they're really uber-limited collection, so... ;-)

But the GP thing wasn't supposed to be for another month, and with FoI going on, my mind's ready to explode! This GP thing had better be a joke...

5 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

I cannot handle the extra excitement today. I'm already nerve-wrecked over trying to buy some Disney shoes (sorry, not Pooh bear)

Yes, I'm a sad person, but they're really uber-limited collection, so... ;-)

But the GP thing wasn't supposed to be for another month, and with FoI going on, my mind's ready to explode! This GP thing had better be a joke...

Could be a misunderstanding but a lot of people in here, Twitter and other forums all thought Tatjana's tweet meant the assignments. So the explanation is maybe they got anticipated due to Olympics. Anyone remember when GP assignments came out in 2013 for comparison?

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Could be a misunderstanding but a lot of people in here, Twitter and other forums all thought Tatjana's tweet meant the assignments. So the explanation is maybe they got anticipated due to Olympics. Anyone remember when GP assignments came out in 2013 for comparison?

I hope Tatjana means the assignments. I am not sure if 'selections' could mean something else though. :unsure:

Your question was answered in the general thread, so we're just a few days before the date of the 2013 announcement (3 June).