🎵Chopin Ballade No. 1 Bracket 🎶

Chopin Ballade No. 1  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since you guys like brackets...

What's your favorite version of Chopin?! (There are so many...spanning 2014-2020 ... 😱Yuzu has been skating this program for six years!!

And to be very honest, when I watched the 2014 version, it looked absolutely nothing like the 2020 version. It could be a different program except the music, yet even that is different when you listen to it! I just watched the 2014 GPF version, and I feel like I've never seen this program before lol.

Pick your fave!

2vCUvEQ.png

VERSION 1: 2017 ACI

VERSION 2: 2020 4CC

VERSION 3: 2015 NHK Trophy

VERSION 4: 2016 Worlds

VERSION 5: 2015 GPF

VERSION 6: 2015 Worlds

VERSION 7: 2014 GPF

VERSION 8: 2018 Olympics

Thank you! It was great fun to watch these back to back... and torture to have to choose.

Does this determine which version goes up against the winner of the other bracket?

And I'm curious, what's everyone favorite post-skate reaction?

I think we should pair Chopin according to layout: 2014 GPF vs 2015 Worlds, 2015 NHK vs 2016 Worlds, 2017 ACI vs Olympic, 2015 GPF vs 2020 4CC!

Yeah the program looked so different in 2014, both in layout and transition and interpretation... Yuzu has skated many great program but I think Chopin is TRULY his legend, greatest program. And I believe Yuzu thinks so too.

54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think the secret we've uncovered here is that Chopin is hands-down Yuzu's favorite. 

Chopin wasn't personally chosen by Yuzu, but it brought him so many important titles with many PERFECT skates that he was truly satisfied. There's been no program like that as he's rarely satisfied w his skate. It is THE program that defines his skating, helps him find the way in most difficult time. I expect we might have some similar music next ss.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think the secret we've uncovered here is that Chopin is hands-down Yuzu's favorite. 

If I recall correctly, someone said that he skated it for fun at TCC sometimes so it makes me think that it's indeed his favorite 😊

I think maybe it’s a touchstone for him - it must be so familiar that it might cheer him up when things aren’t going well and put him back into the winning  groove.  I love murderface Chopin from NHK 2015

35 minutes ago, Paskud said:

ACI17 Chopin better fitted to the music therefore is better than 4cc20😤

Really? I think 4S - 4T3T - 3A layout fits music better, the 4T3T he did in GPF and 4CC hence much better than in ACI or Olympic, which felt a bit tight/rush

26 minutes ago, monchan said:

Really? I think 4S - 4T3T - 3A layout fits music better, the 4T3T he did in GPF and 4CC hence much better than in ACI or Olympic, which felt a bit tight/rush

Yes, I do think so.

from 4cc:68271262:

On 2/5/2020 at 10:42 PM, Paskud said:

(I hope I understood you well.)

I think these two crescendos are the main difference. In Chopin 2 first is combo and then spin and in Chopin 3 the other way. But imo second crescendo is more dramatic and that's why jumps suit there better. Everytime I watch Chopin 2 I have a feeling during sit spin that music needs "something more" there. A dramatic and powerful highlight that only a jump can give (because jumps are transitions :D).

Plus I really like the contrast between two spins in Chopin 3 - slower camel and super fast sit spin, that follow slower and then more dramatic music.:68556365:

I like both layouts but am more impressed with 3.0 version. The musical notes the jump hit esp on the 3a and 4t3t. the 2 glorious spins during the music felt like water flowing

eta 

lmao unanimous votes for 4.4

I think the real battle for me was 2016 worlds vs 2015 gpf. gpf was technically flawless but 2016 worlds was more well performed and emotionally involved

Olympic 2018 is perfect

This version should have been in the bracket, too, for maximum chaos:

Clean Chopin 3.0 with opening 4Lo at FaOI Makuhari 2017 :hihi:

(I'm not sure, if a complete record exists. This one looks like an edit of different broadcasts, but it's the only one I could find in my archive.)

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

This version should have been in the bracket, too, for maximum chaos:

Clean Chopin 3.0 with opening 4Lo at FaOI Makuhari 2017 :hihi:

(I'm not sure, if a complete record exists. This one looks like an edit of different broadcasts, but it's the only one I could find in my archive.)

This is a mixture of Ballade no.1 in FaOI Makuhari day 2 and day 3. Here is the complete footage of day 3 when he skated clean uploaded by TV Asahi. Or is it geo-blocked outside of Japan?

ETA: If this video is geo-blocked for you, then use this link