Tower of God (神之塔 Kami no Tou) anime

Salior

Need to talk about this haha, I've been waiting for 5 years and finally they have an anime! I know people who have waited for 10 years

Basically Tower of God is a Korean webcomic that recently got an adaptation, it has over 4.5 billion views so far. It's still ongoing and you can read it here. For 7 other languages including Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, you can find them here.

The reason this is huge, because this is basically the first EVER Korean webcomic to receive a full anime adaptation. It was published in 2010, but despite its popularity, no one knew if it'll ever be adapted. We're so happy it happened this year. Naver is rich and they even got a Kpop band to perform the OP and ED. We got some big names too, namely Bakugo's VA for Khun, All Might's VA for Rak, Saori for Rachel, Kevin Penkin is composing the music, Bleach's character designer, and many more.  

It is an Epic Fantasy series, most commonly compared to One Piece and Hunter x Hunter. A lot of world building but more serious tone overall, kind of like Harry Potter or Attack on Titan in my opinion. I liked it for its detailed world building and more mature themes, I wrote a long review here

The art isn't that great in the beginning, but improved a lot as it goes on. Hopefully they'll update the art if we get a season 2. The current colouring in the anime reminds me of Studio Ghibli vibes. 

News release 1News release 2 (with short bio of characters and cast comments) 

Interviewing the MC voice actors

MyAnimeList page, Tower of God wiki page, Official site

Twitter version for the geoblocked (Asia)

Spoiler

Also the character designer is releasing art for countdown, and I'm loving it haha 

Spoiler

Khun the bishonen lol (don't be fooled he got brains :P), and above all, a stunning friendship with the MC (kind of reminds me of how Javi and Yuzu gets teary eyed for each other 😂

Spoiler

end of rant! Sorry I'm too hyped haha 

Edit: here's the 1st episode https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/tower-of-god/episode-1-ball-794519 

OMG... This is the best news ever :smiley-happy093:

I love the comic and have been following it since the beginning. Though I am a bit behind due to my new job. But an anime is wonderful news, I can't wait to watch it :smiley-happy085: 

Khun is my all time favourite fictional character, he is the best  :smiley-love017:

22 minutes ago, Neenah said:

OMG... This is the best news ever :smiley-happy093:

I love the comic and have been following it since the beginning. Though I am a bit behind due to my new job. But an anime is wonderful news, I can't wait to watch it :smiley-happy085: 

Khun is my all time favourite fictional character, he is the best  :smiley-love017:

YES! So glad to see that you like ToG and Khun too haha, I love him very much too

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yaga-aguero.jpg 

From here

More art from here haha