With whom would you like Yuzuru Hanyu to skate?

When I see how Yuzuru Hanyu, after having being a tricked younger brother to Javier Fernández and a tricking older brother to Shoma Uno (how could Shoma Uno even survive the "proposal" scene? ;-) ), is a kind and attentive, somehow paternal older brother to Yuma Kagiyama and Shun Sato, I think either of them would make a creditable Mowgli, Yuzuru Hanyu being in turn Baloo and Bagheera, for an exhibition program. I like so much Disney Jungle Books music, I don't think Yuzuru Hanyu has ever skated to such jazzy accents, and believe all of them would do wonders.

I hope I don't shock you?

Apart from Pooh-San, would you have an idea of a joint exhibition program with Yuzuru Hanyu? I don't even know if it is allowed.

There is only one duo/collab I root for with all my toes and fingers: Yuzu and Javi. Whatever that is. Skating side by side or mirroring each other... skating with each other or against each other... with music or without... whatever they like. It would be such a waste of potential, if that didn't happen. Not kidding. Their random stroking excercises and jump battles in the past were sooo good! A full program would be mindblowing for sure... :10636614:

Personally I wouldn't mind a good battle between clever spiritual Seimei and a temperamental Spanish matador. I wonder who would win... :hihi:

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

I think that the reason Yuzu is a single skater is because he enjoys having everyones eyes just on him. I also think its difficult to skate with Yuzu bc people will look at him too much. but i personally would enjoy watching yuzu and rika

True but he was pleased by Alexandra Trusova's request for joint quadruple toeloops, endeavoured to follow her rythm, and succeeded as soon as the second attempt. We know he studies the way Eteri girls jump, so he certainly had a very clear view of what her jump looked like, but I consider his success a great one, and I think he would like to dance together with another or others. In fact, the best would be if he could skate two exhibition programs, one single and one duo or other. ;-)

I would love to see him skate with Brian, but I'm pretty sure Brian isn't ever going to perform again. But the two of them doing a program together would be so touching. 

I'd also love to see him skate with Jeff Buttle. I'm thinking the two of them would have a very playful and comedic energy on the ice, and that's one thing Yuzu doesn't really do, is comedy. Jeff could help him explore it.

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I would love to see him skate with Brian, but I'm pretty sure Brian isn't ever going to perform again. But the two of them doing a program together would be so touching. 

I'd also love to see him skate with Jeff Buttle. I'm thinking the two of them would have a very playful and comedic energy on the ice, and that's one thing Yuzu doesn't really do, is comedy. Jeff could help him explore it.

Well, I had also thought it "impossible". And anyway, as long as Yuzuru Hanyu competes, he won't let his coaches (how does Tracy Wilson manage to stay in shape?) lose their belly, out of stress. Or retain their hair, for those who mind. ;-) Or Brian Orser should wear a Pooh costume. But it is not just the question of the shape. The dancer who partnered Nureyev in this parody of Swan Lake has rather the line of a pairs skater, and foam over it.

I think Yuzuru Hanyu wouldn't need a great help in comedy. His Parisienne Walkways has already a good "blink". I am confident he is gifted there too.

14 hours ago, Veveco said:

And Shizuka :10636614:

:iagree: their side by side Ina Bauers at the NHK special ex in 2016 were breathtaking. Iirc, Yuzu's said he watched other skaters' hand and arm movements because he didn't have formal ballet training, and watching that ex made me wonder how deliberately he may have modeled his hands on Shizuka's, because their gestures are almost identical.

It would be fun if they did something with Shun, too 😁

StephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambielStephaneLambiel

:panic: