WinForPooh

[2020] World Championships [Cancelled]

And I have just read, on another page of the site here mentioned a few days ago, that France still had conducted twice less tests (to March 9th, last update) than UK...

There was nothing until yesterday, no official advice, no measure, then all of a sudden all is terrifying.
And Angela Merkel seems to have said something like British governement...

Though, having a population, a rate of contamination and of daily increase similar to France, they have ten times less deaths (and 16 times less critical cases). Probably only people who were anyway in their last weeks? Their hospital system seem much more solid than France's or UK's. (France have emergency means but won't activate them, I'm sure). So maybe they can afford a general contamination? I really doubt it. But they seem to be taking more rational measures?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/covid-19-testing/

Lol. I do hope to see some skating thou. The ss has ended abruptly like this what a pity

Japan has already been taking realistic measures not to blindly increase the number of new corona virus tests so that the healthcare system can be less burdened for preventing seriously ill people from dying, because 80% of young or basically healthy people would not get serious even if they are infected by new coronavirus.  Only doctors can decide who to be tested now.

The PCR method is not suitable for screening because its accuracy is not stable, and many false positives and false negatives occur, and sometimes you are infected and recovered without noticing just as a light cold or even without any symptoms, but may be infecting others while that time.

This government policy is gaining understanding among Japanese people, and we are now concentrating on sanitizing, washing hands frequently, avoiding touching faces (mouth, nose, eyes especially) with dirty fingers, and wearing a mask (this is not perfect for protection, but it prevents infecting others when you have the virus even when you do not notice it), and avoid going to crowded places, and so on.

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/newpage_00032.html

It seems U.K., Germany, and other European nations as well as US are now taking the same measures.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/u-k-abandons-effort-to-contain-virus-moves-to-delay-the-worst

https://www.dn.se/sthlm/farre-kommer-att-provtas-for-coronaviruset-i-stockholm/

Lots of media abroad are suspecting that Japan is hiding the number of infected people because of the Olympics, but the truth is we are concerned about the number of the seriously ill or death rate rather than the number of infected people.  And I hope we are successful in controlling it in Japan on some level, although it is not perfect but still. 

I really hope the situation will be better soon.  I have a ticket of Stars on Ice in Yokohama on April 11th, and now am afraid they would cancel it. How can I give up this miracle happened to me after 2 years of nothing :sad-smiley-046: Osaka and Aichi have been already cancelled, and they have not announced for Yokohama and Hachinohe yet.

It seems China is coming to an end of it, South Korea approaching, and Japan near behind Korea.

Fortunately Japanese government and people seem more responsible than UK, German and particularly French government (here nearly everything is closed but municipal election are held today, as if mayors and councillors in place couldn't stay three more months in place).

On 3/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

It was probably too late to do anything about it. 

So, did anyone else think it was really sweet how Nathan and Michal Brezina were worried for Raf with the coronavirus? I found it cute, Raf seems like such a tough old coot I could easily picture the coronavirus running away from him in search of greener pastures

We don't know that yet, and Australia is really far for anyone except Brendan Kerry

Come on now, we're also not that far for Rika. Japan is closer to us than to Europe and Canada. 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, memae said:

Come on now, we're also not that far for Rika. Japan is closer to us than to Europe and Canada. 

True that. But Rika does train in North America sometimes too.

Skater 1 wuz robbed!!