WinForPooh

[2020] World Championships [Cancelled]

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

If they don't postpone Worlds (which I think would be an extremely difficult to do next season, I would be surprised if they actually postponed it), I think ISU will make all their efforts to make up the lost money in some way. Worlds 2021 will be in Stockholm which is one of the most expensive cities in the world anyway, and I am afraid tickets will be even more expensive than initially planned. And now they also know Yuzu continues to compete next season, which means more possibility to milk his fans.

Yeah, I'm sure many investors are involved in Worlds 2020 that the significance of holding Worlds is the money problem, not the GP slots/results from Worlds. If they don't hold Worlds 2020, it's pretty certain they must find ways to cover the loss thru GPs or next Worlds' tickets.

And maybe next time ISU congress won't be in expensive SPA in Thailand.🙄

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Worlds 2021 will be in Stockholm which is one of the most expensive cities in the world anyway, and I am afraid tickets will be even more expensive than initially planned. And now they also know Yuzu continues to compete next season, which means more possibility to milk his fans.

Good thing we have a year to save up!

Although personally, I might choose 4CC over World's next year. I have a cousin living in Sydney so I could kill two birds with one stone

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Good thing we have a year to save up!

Although personally, I might choose 4CC over World's next year. I have a cousin living in Sydney so I could kill two birds with one stone

Yuzu might not go to 4CC 2021 though, isn’t Australia really far for him?

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

They're not canceling the synchro juniors. I guess it's a smaller event but it's still worrying :sigh:

It was probably too late to do anything about it. 

So, did anyone else think it was really sweet how Nathan and Michal Brezina were worried for Raf with the coronavirus? I found it cute, Raf seems like such a tough old coot I could easily picture the coronavirus running away from him in search of greener pastures

2 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

We don't know that yet, and Australia is really far for anyone except Brendan Kerry

1 minute ago, FlyingCamel said:

Korea is very far from TCC too.

If he's healthy, he might try 2nd 4CC title to be first men's skater with 2nd career golden slam  :embSwan:

"During the coming weeks, the ISU will evaluate in cooperation with all stakeholders whether the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2020 could possibly be held later in the year, but in any case not before October 2020. Before taking a final decision, the ISU will remain in close contact with U.S. Figure Skating and ISU Members."

Sounds so familiar lol :sipping:

Meanwhile, the junior championship is ongoing. :facepalm:  So once again they won't cancel unless forced by the UK government. Great. 

One important update this week is that the Government has decided it is not currently necessary to stop large scale public gatherings or events taking place in the UK, so we’re pleased to confirm the ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships® 2020 will proceed as planned.  

All competitors, officials, volunteers and staff travelling to the UK will receive a health questionnaire to complete and advice before they leave their respective countries to travel to the UK. When they arrive in the UK and before they pass through the venue’s accreditation process, follow up travel screening will take place in isolated areas. Be rest assured we have relevant measures in place and should any event participants show signs of illness, they will be sent for immediate medical attention and kept away from the venue.

2 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Meanwhile, the junior championship is ongoing. :facepalm:  So once again they won't cancel unless forced by the UK government. Great. 

I don't know what's with UK. U know what? Most of our country's new nCoV cases are British/travellers from Britain, not other countries with more nCoV cases. I'm afraid the REAL situation in UK might be much worse than their official numbers.

57 minutes ago, monchan said:

the ISU will remain in close contact with U.S. Figure Skating and ISU Members

lol🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

8 hours ago, monchan said:

I don't know what's with UK. U know what? Most of our country's new nCoV cases are British/travellers from Britain, not other countries with more nCoV cases. I'm afraid the REAL situation in UK might be much worse than their official numbers.

Same with Vietnam, which was only days away from qualifying for a virus free status, a plane load of tourists and returnees sent the virus right back in. Now they are working on tracing and containing it. One British bloke didn't leave records of his lodging so they are literally trying to hunt him down. A couple of cases popped up not too far from my family home too. It's getting a bit too close for my comfort :13877886:

don’t get me started on the UK. I have elderly friends living there and I am just dying of anxiety and worry. 

19 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Australia is really far for anyone except Brendan Kerry

This made me cackle :laughing: I used to study in Sydney and 4CC 2021 would be at the height of the Australian summer, RIP the organisers' airconditioning bill 

1 hour ago, jitterbug70 said:

This made me cackle :laughing: I used to study in Sydney and 4CC 2021 would be at the height of the Australian summer, RIP the organisers' airconditioning bill 

OT : I often think the most energy-saving ice rink would be in a hot and very sunny place with sun panels and a well-conceived energy-saving night mode, rather than in a very cold place in the winter.