A Recent Brian Orser interview (Junior World Championship, Tallinn)

Fay

17 hours ago, Katt said:

I do think compare lutz edge to hair style, costume is wrong. We don't have stylist at tech panel, right ? His comment remind me of everytime people talk about tech flaw, there's always " if you can't do xxx jump, stop complaining". I mean that's one of the worse way to shut people down from discussion. There's very few skaters with correct technique on all jumps, we all know how its hard to fix the the edge, very few succeed. And its ok, just say  "its difficult, we will continue to work on it and won't give up". I  feel some of the hate Evgenia got towards flutz is because Brian saying they won't hide it in lutz conner (while they still did) or she landed alot of correct one in TCC. And then they put the lutz in SP or 2nd one in LP, it got backfire terribly.   

I think it's reasonable to expect that Zhenya showed improvements and changes in technique in training that she couldn't always maintain under the pressure of a competition. Brian even mentioned this is something that happened in a previous interview, although perhaps it was about Jason. Can't remember. We've seen it in other skaters who have changed coaches too. I've even experienced it personally in an entirely different sport. 

As for " if you can't do xxx jump, stop complaining" being a bad way to shut people out of discussion, I don't think that's exactly what he was saying. To me it was more like people can be very critical of what skaters are producing during performances without understanding what exactly it is that they're doing or what the process behind improving their technique is. 

13 hours ago, Lemon said:

Thanks for your translation! I am so surprised brian didn't know he wasn't going to gpf just the night before. :omg:

This sounds pretty improbable to me. Unless someone made a mistake, does this mean he booked flights, hotels, etc. just to find out he wasn't invited? Usually the federation/ANA will coordinate that for everyone on Yuzu's team, so I'm sure there's a usual protocol that involves letting everyone know the logistical plans...

8 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

This sounds pretty improbable to me. Unless someone made a mistake, does this mean he booked flights, hotels, etc. just to find out he wasn't invited? Usually the federation/ANA will coordinate that for everyone on Yuzu's team, so I'm sure there's a usual protocol that involves letting everyone know what the logistical plans...

There is also the contradiction in the NBC interview and what he said here :shrug:

I don't see there a contradiction.

I read (but I don't remember the source : the coaching team or a fanyu) that Yuzuru Hanyu had asked JSF to assign Ghislain Briand. It can be that at first, he thought it was not a choice from Yuzuru Hanyu, or that he wanted to downplay without lying.

Something else in this interview made me think : his ignorance as to Yuzuru Hanyu's projects for next years. True, Yuzuru Hanyu is secretive towards everybody. But I felt there was more to it, and now I have an idea. It has much been said, and by Yuzuru Hanyu himself (but many years ago) that once he would have jumped "Nessie", he would r***re. This interrogation by Brian Orser may in fact, suggest Yuzuru Hanyu, to this date, is likely to give us NESSIE for Worlds.:cheer:

As to r***ring just after, I don't think so, unless he cannot continue with his ankle. Nessie's sister (5S) would be too good! Plus a third OGM! ;-) (maybe I believe too much in my dreams).