Poll - What professions do Planet Hanyu members work/study in?

sublimeskating

What field(s) do you study/work in?  

355 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently studying linguistics. Hopes to take a minor in public policy and global affairs. Dreams to become a speech therapist one day.

Native speaker of Cantonese, Mandarin ad English, learning German and Japanese.

Speech therapist :goe: :goe: :goe:

I'm also thinking of the same, although I'm more inclined for research itself instead of the clinical aspects of this profession.

Cantonese +1

Currently studying linguistics. Hopes to take a minor in public policy and global affairs. Dreams to become a speech therapist one day.

I'm also thinking of the same, although I'm more inclined for research itself instead of the clinical aspects of this profession.

Cantonese +1

Yay! I'm curious abt language acquisition esp for children. xD

Yay x2 for Cantonese. :yay:

Cantonese +1

Yay! I'm curious abt language acquisition esp for children. xD

Yay x2 for Cantonese. :yay:

In my case it's more about language manipulation by people with mental traumas and physical disabilities (like resulting from accidents). I'm too ambitious, I know :rofl2:

Cantonese is such a tough language... even if I grew up speaking it, I still make silly mistakes all the time.

I have a master degree in pharmacy :space:

I tried working in drug research and development for a while, but I gave that up pretty quickly. Now I'm working at a pharmacy, and it's nice to actually see, not just to know that you're helping people everyday! I really like languages too, like so many fans here. I'm speaking hungarian, english and norwegian fluently (and I understand a little bit of german) but I would love to start up my japanese studies again, that language is :love:

What an interesting poll! I love it. (Though all these talks about professions makes me wondering for the hundredth time why do I choose to study medicine :acceptable:)

I'm in my clinical year of medschool and it's so depressing and stressful, if not for Yuzu I really have no other interesting thing happening outside the hospital :cry:

Still have 2 more years and I'm done :sadPooh:

And hello fellow medstudents and other health professions :grin:

I am a third-generation Japanese-Canadian male civil litigator and trial lawyer, now r****d after over 36 years of practice in Vancouver, Canada.

For those of you not familiar with the legal system in Canada, it is based on the British system (except for the Civil Code of the Province of Québec which is based on the French Napoleonic Code).

Unlike the United States where lawyers wear business suits to court, in Canada, lawyers appearing for trial in the provincial supreme court or on appeal in the provincial appellate court or Supreme Court of Canada are required to wear winged collared white shirts, tabs, waistcoats, dark grey striped barrister's trousers, and black court gowns. The only difference from the British system is that we do not wear wigs. (Thank God!) Lawyers in Canada are dressed more elaborately than the Justices on the US Supreme Court!

This is what the court attire looks like:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/70/ac/bb/70acbb3538da3f99369913a6480191c9.png

I have always liked the idea of lawyers wearing court attire because it makes the entire court process more dignified. Furthermore, since the lawyers are wearing the same court attire, it equals the playing field between opposing counsel. If they were not wearing similar court attire, one lawyer might get an unfair advantage by being better dressed and looking more successful than his less affluent, poorly dressed opponent.

I specified male at the outset since I think people here assume that you are female in this forum unless otherwise stated.

I am a third-generation Japanese-Canadian male civil litigator and trial lawyer, now r***d after over 36 years of practice in Vancouver, Canada.

For those of you not familiar with the legal system in Canada, it is based on the British system (except for the Civil Code of the Province of Québec which is based on the French Napoleonic Code).

Unlike the United States where lawyers wear business suits to court, in Canada, lawyers appearing for trial in the provincial supreme court or on appeal in the provincial appellate court or Supreme Court of Canada are required to wear winged collared white shirts, tabs, waistcoats, dark grey striped barrister's trousers, and black court gowns. The only difference from the British system is that we do not wear wigs. (Thank God!) Lawyers in Canada are dressed more elaborately than the Justices on the US Supreme Court!

This is what the court attire looks like:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/70/ac/bb/70acbb3538da3f99369913a6480191c9.png

I have always liked the idea of lawyers wearing court attire because it makes the entire court process more dignified. Furthermore, since the lawyers are wearing the same court attire, it equals the playing field between opposing counsel. If they were not wearing similar court attire, one lawyer might get an unfair advantage by being better dressed and looking more successful than his less affluent, poorly dressed opponent.

I specified male at the outset since I think people here assume that you are female in this forum unless otherwise stated.

:O I didn't know that canada also used court attire! I agree with the "equaling the playing field", the distinction here with lawyers is pretty marked haha.

Also, wasn't the rule of the internet supposed to be that there are no girls on the internet :P?

You can see how different we are. It's fascinating that Yuzuru connects so many different people. I also hope that each of the inhabitants of the planet Hanyu will vote in the poll, because now there are still few votes. A great idea with the survey!

I advise young people to choose their future profession and the direction of further education. :space:

I work in career counseling as well but at the university level. It's nice to know someone else is also in the field. I'm currently completing my Clifton's Strengths coaching training and it would be fun to know what yuzu's top 5 are. I can probably guess a few.

yuzu_shiyu said:
I like voting! It's easier than posting as for me because I can't write English well :acceptable:

I am studying language and literature! I am really amazed about the diverse professions that we are in.We are from different countries and different professions, we may not know each other forever if we don't know yuzu.He once said that he wanted to be a bridge to build up the relationships among people who like him.And we know that's just what he has done. :embSwan:

yuzu_shiyu, your English is wonderful! You express your ideas very clearly, must be your language and literature studies! :space: We are all one community in liking Yuzuru's skating, mistakes are OK because that's how we learn. :pbow:

Interesting poll! Although im more curious about the amount of fanboys here (i assume most of us are fangirls) :space:

i am major in Chemical Engineering and I've just finished my degree, currently unemployed :xD:

my number one goal is to learn Japanese now :hachimaki:

i hope it is not hard for me to learn (I speak Mandarin, English, Malay, Cantonese and a little Korean) :pbow:

I love the diversity of Yuzuru's fandom *o* !!!

I'm in my 4th year in Medical school (just finished an exam :hachimaki: ) and I'm willing (dreaming) of doing radiology for my speciality.

I speak arabic, french and english and I'm trying to learn swidish by my own (my biggest dream is to work there), if I say it loud, I would laugh at myself because of my naivety, but like we say hope makes you alive :space:

I love the diversity of Yuzuru's fandom *o* !!!

I'm in my 4th year in Medical school (just finished an exam :hachimaki: ) and I'm willing (dreaming) of doing radiology for my speciality.

I speak arabic, french and english and I'm trying to learn swidish by my own (my biggest dream is to work there), if I say it loud, I would laugh at myself because of my naivety, but like we say hope makes you alive :space:

Hej~ jag är en svenska studerande också! :space: (is that correct? i've been focusing on japanese lately...)