Poll - What professions do Planet Hanyu members work/study in?

sublimeskating

What field(s) do you study/work in?  

355 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, nursing student here ;) i'm currently in my final semester and hope to become a sport medicine nurse one day, or maybe doing something challenging like critical care or thrilling like emergency (whatever the future hold for me i dont know)

For languages other than Malay (my native language) and English, i learned Arabic. But now my arabic is so rusty i can no longer able to make out a full sentences nor fully understand a written text :cry: My understanding in japanese is very limited, i cant read nor understand what is written, when it comes to speech and spoken words i could only make out some words and never a full sentences.

And wow! All of you guys are amazing :love: learning difficult languages all the while taking up complicated courses and works! And here im trying my best to keep up with this forum while doing my research and clinical attachments :cry:

I'm a freshman studying visual arts and I have to say that seeing all the amazing fanart that Yuzuru fans make really gets me inspired. I hope I can share my own work with you one day. (I'm still lacking a lot).

Funny enough I did two years of engineering before arts LOL

I'm a freshman studying visual arts and I have to say that seeing all the amazing fanart that Yuzuru fans make really gets me inspired. I hope I can share my own work with you one day. (I'm still lacking a lot).

What area of arts do you hope to specialize in?

I'll probably choose Photography/ painting (I need to choose two areas obligatory next semester) but I hope to take as much drawing classes as I can since it's what I really enjoy the most.

I'll probably choose Photography/ painting (I need to choose two areas obligatory next semester) but I hope to take as much drawing classes as I can since it's what I really enjoy the most.

Drawing and Painting is THE MOST fun thing in the world. -So I'm sure you'll have a blast. :goe:

I like voting! It's easier than posting as for me because I can't write English well :acceptable:

I am studying language and literature! I am really amazed about the diverse professions that we are in.We are from different countries and different professions, we may not know each other forever if we don't know yuzu.He once said that he wanted to be a bridge to build up the relationships among people who like him.And we know that's just what he has done. :embSwan:

Oncology nurse here. If I had enough money, I'd have gone to medical school but alas, I didn't want the debt that came with it XD Ended up loving what I do though, so no harm done. :D

Language talk: I love languages, but I wish I were better at it. Grew up bilingual and am working my way through different ones. Spanish is pretty much a good asset where I live/work since we have a huge Spanish-speaking population here. I learned Spanish in school, my dad speaks it, I can comprehend it but my speaking level is pretty basic, unfortunately. I'm studying Korean and Japanese at the moment--I studied Japanese wayyyy before Korean (started pretty young with Japanese) but Korean just sticks better, I guess? I need to try harder with Japanese to get to a level where I can read interviews--and Yuzu's autobiography! They're sitting in my shelf, waiting to be read. :space:

I really wanted to do visual art at one point ! But my mom said I had no talent in drawing and art things, so it was a no.

But in the end, stuying marketing and media, I might cross that field a bit.

I have some trouble to say what I really studied sometimes because I did a lot of litterature and philosophy in prépa (a kind of really intense course of two years after highschool in France) but also a lot of mathematic, some physics and engineer sciences. Then humanities and languages. A lot. And know buisness and marketing.

So I have no deep knowledg in anything bbut just touched a little of everything.

Sometimes I don't really know what I am doing with my life :')

I am currently a first year physics student for now my major allows me to choose between Nanotechnology and Optics for my Master's but you can change freely between different majors till the 3rd year as the curriculum is mostly similar in all of them (general physics and lot's of mathemathics). Though to be honest right now I am just procrastinating my life away with surprisingly not that bad results xP During high school and before I was one of those kids that did nothing for school and still had good grades and as a result I got used to not studying and I can't get myself to study most of the time... >< Though - next exam period is coming so I have to get myself to study somehow xP

I also really like foreign languages but as I have already written I am extreme couch potato so I do not study them as much as I should/would like to. My second language was of course English, then in school our next language had to be German (which I do understand but can't speak it to save my life xP). I have also learned Japanese - but my level is not as high as it should be after the years I "studied" it - I am ok with grammar but my vocabulary and kanji knowledge suffered every holidays and so on... I also know basic Korean and since the start of this semester I have started learning Russian.

AmudoBun said:
I am currently a first year physics student for now my major allows me to choose between Nanotechnology and Optics for my Master's but you can change freely between different majors till the 3rd year as the curriculum is mostly similar in all of them (general physics and lot's of mathemathics). Though to be honest right now I am just procrastinating my life away with surprisingly not that bad results xP During high school and before I was one of those kids that did nothing for school and still had good grades and as a result I got used to not studying and I can't get myself to study most of the time... >< Though - next exam period is coming so I have to get myself to study somehow xP

Hello fellow physics student! Lol I was the exact same in high school, I don't think I even knew how to actually study :P but then my second semester was a nightmare so I forced myself to learn :smile:

Good luck in your exams!!

So happy to see all the ladies in STEM fields! #REPRESENT :goe:

I myself am almost done with my Chemistry degree (and finals are around the corner, I should probably be studying XD). I also checked sports because I've been riding and working with horses pretty seriously for years.

Currently studying linguistics. Hopes to take a minor in public policy and global affairs. Dreams to become a speech therapist one day.

Native speaker of Cantonese, Mandarin ad English, learning German and Japanese.