Poll - What professions do Planet Hanyu members work/study in?

sublimeskating

What field(s) do you study/work in?  

355 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm also in both 'education' and 'arts/humanities' categories. I teach at high school level though, and my students are basically sucking out my life force (that's why I need Yuzuru or else I'll really go crazy). My passion lies in linguistics and I hope I can pursue a post-graduate degree very soon in this area :s_yes

Yeah!! Another poll! Love it, thanks Sublime! :space:

I'm an undergraduate student with a major in PPE (philosophy, politics & economics, though I minimized the number of economy class in my curriculum plan :P) and a minor in law, so I chose both humanities & law. I look forward to going to the States to pursue further studies in law after graduation.

I'm also in both 'education' and 'arts/humanities' categories. I teach at high school level though, and my students are basically sucking out my life force (that's why I need Yuzuru or else I'll really go crazy). My passion lies in linguistics and I hope I can pursue a post-graduate degree very soon in this area :s_yes

i'm sorry to hear that your students are stressful... :console:

linguistics sounds really interesting (and difficult!) and i wish you good luck in pursuing your degree :grin:

Well, they are devils when they want to be but they also know how to spoil me LOL

Thank you for your wishes ^^

Linguistics is definitely not easy but it's a really fascinating area with so much to research :pbow: :pbow:

Our fandom is really so diverse :goe: :goe:

Assuming that most of us are ladies- I love how many ladies in STEM fields we have 

(I'm not implying that the other occupations and the men among us are less significant ofc)

I'm in engineering/computer science/mathematics

Assuming that most of us are ladies- I love how many ladies in STEM fields we have :pbow:

(I'm not implying that the other occupations and the men among us are less significant hahah)

I have an enormous admiration for people (especially ladies) who choose the STEM fields for their careers. I loved (and still love) science during my studies but maths was always a HUGE headache. I guess I have an affinity with letters instead of numbers :rofl2:

Oh wow waves to fellow researchers!! (no wave smilies)

You scientist I admire you guys.. I was from a science stream in school but didn't follow through it when I entered uni.

I now teach/lecture English in an institute (new) but my field is actually business and communication so later on I'll be teaching on those subjects too. I'm also in the institute's academic development center so I'm juggling between the two now.

Aannndd... I also do music. I play in an ensemble/orchestra, not a pro though I still have loooooonnnng way to go and I now barely have time to practice on my own, which is sad.

Hence my choices: arts/humanities, music, and education. :pooh:

I chose arts/humanities, art&design and teaching.

I'm an English teacher in Korea (elementary school, in my 4th year now), I have a degree in photography and have been taking photos of idols while I'm here. I'm planning on staying for a 5th year (1 more contract after Pyeongchang) and then heading back to the UK to train and teach art in secondary school. I love Korea and enjoy my job but it's not really a long-term career option and I'm 26 now, I'll be 28 by the time I leave Korea, I want to have something more secure (and better pay) lol

I kinda do photography as a hobby tho, not making money. I plan to get photos at Pyeongchang and go to any skating events I can when I'm back in Europe to get photos there.

Assuming that most of us are ladies- I love how many ladies in STEM fields we have :pbow:

(I'm not implying that the other occupations and the men among us are less significant hahah)

I have an enormous admiration for people (especially ladies) who choose the STEM fields for their careers. I loved (and still love) science during my studies but maths was always a HUGE headache. I guess I have an affinity with letters instead of numbers :rofl2:

Ahh maths. It's a big part of my major but I still try to avoid it as well as I can :space:

To this day I still think I would have thriven more if I went into linguistics because that's where my talents lie- but I grew to love what I am doing :pbow:

I came to believe it's not always just about affinity and talents