Yuri! On Ice Discussion thread

Hydroblade

I'm watching YoI for the first time (have never watched anime before, so it's quite an experience :laughing:) and the fans there are so relatable. That lady who gets drunk while watching Worlds, the girls watching live and going crazy about skaters, the struggles of finding a stream online :smiley-laughing021: They captured the fandom brilliantly :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Question - wasn't there a movie of this thing announced? I sort of missed the possible date if so.

Yes, there was. The latest news was March, I think, that the movie now is on production.

But fans have sorta been harassing Kubo about this for awhile now to the point she had to say she couldn't say anything more about when, what plot, timeline of the story, etc., cz it's not her decision to do so. So, we haven't been able to tell what the newest development is, cs now everyone is mum.😅

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

Yes, there was. The latest news was March, I think, that the movie now is on production.

But fans have sorta been harassing Kubo about this for awhile now to the point she had to say she couldn't say anything more about when, what plot, timeline of the story, etc., cz it's not her decision to do so. So, we haven't been able to tell what the newest development is, cs now everyone is mum.😅

Thank you! Huh well I hope they hop to it because there's only so much time one can take. I get skating is slow to animate but they're not exactly champions of it, and the longer it takes, the more interest goes poof.

In re to content

Spoiler

At the time I saw the rumors that it should be some sort of backstory for Yuuri and lordy, do I hope not because the point is in them together. Nothing would surprise me though, negl. 

In any case, I hope they're also thinking of S2 while they're at it.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

In re to content

Hide

I'm with you on that, however, any rumours circling around would be inaccurate, since probably not even sayo and kubo knew at that point what the movie would be about.

Spoiler

But if it has to be a backstory for someone, I'd love if it's about Victor, we know nothing about his personal life, family, and very little about his career before he became a "living legend". I think it would be interesting. But I am a bit biased since he's my favourite hehe.

Social media is aflutter with rumors that ice skater Jeffrey Buttle is assisting with Yuri!!! on Ice anime film. The movie was announced over a year ago but staff have continued to keep what, if any progress, is being made on the film's production. Fans are searching high and low for any kind of confirmation and a recent Instagram post by Buttle is feeding the flames.

Buttle was in Japan at Aqua Rink Chiba over the weekend. He wrote in his Instagram post that he was up all night as part of a movie shoot. In the picture, Buttle is decked out in Xsense 3D motion tracking gear.

Source

• 5 weeks later...

There is just one problem with these kinds of concerts: I can barely wait for them to finish so i can rewatch the series! 

Great stuff, with the jazzy and classical-y pieces and background videos! And so many kewl non-standard instruments!

2 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

I'm watching it! It's 4:30AM and tomorrow's election day. I guess I'm gonna go vote before going to bed xD.

SO many comments in spanish on the chat.

Mexican, right? Good luck with the elections. I hear they expect changes...

Concert started at 11 am here. I love evening-time events in Japan, always a decent time for western Europe. What better way to spend a Sunday morning?

3 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Mexican, right? Good luck with the elections. I hear they expect changes...

Concert started at 11 am here. I love evening-time events in Japan, always a decent time for western Europe. What better way to spend a Sunday morning?

Thank you. I hope for change, but I'm not sure we'll get it. And all the presidential candidates make me queasy. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Such a nice time to watch! I remember one of the FaOI transmissions was late at night in Japan and I got to watch it at around 11 too. Lovely.