Hydroblade

Yuri! On Ice Discussion thread

Is this the right place to spam my Yuri On Ice piano cover? :laughing:  (Can you guess which site is my computer screen picturing? Yup, this one!)

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Is this the right place to spam my Yuri On Ice piano cover? :laughing:  (Can you guess which site is my computer screen picturing? Yup, this one!)

:clap: :clap: :clap: Very beautiful!!!!! :heart:

Some more interview translations I came across (though these are from June):

I just got my Yuuri nendorooooid and ofc, this is how i posed it (i know the leg isn't quite right but that's the best i could do):

7cyascC.jpg

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I have a question that stems from YoI:

Throughout the series, they speak of the skaters having "themes" for their programs. I know Yuzu's theme for 15-16 was "Wa/Japan"...Is this something most skaters do, or is it just a predominantly Japanese practice? I love the thought of having a theme, as opposed to, "I like this song lol I should skate to it wut fun," but I don't think I've ever heard of a US skater doing the same. (Disclaimer: Been watching figure skating since I was a child, but only just starting to watch it hardcore this past year.)

12 hours ago, Taotastic said:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I have a question that stems from YoI:

Throughout the series, they speak of the skaters having "themes" for their programs. I know Yuzu's theme for 15-16 was "Wa/Japan"...Is this something most skaters do, or is it just a predominantly Japanese practice? I love the thought of having a theme, as opposed to, "I like this song lol I should skate to it wut fun," but I don't think I've ever heard of a US skater doing the same. (Disclaimer: Been watching figure skating since I was a child, but only just starting to watch it hardcore this past year.)

I think it's a Japanese thing... or if it occurs outside of Japan, I haven't heard of it. The most iconic theme of all is prolly Tatsuki Machida's "Timshel" in which NO ONE understood what he was talking about :smiley-laughing021: