Yuri! On Ice Discussion thread

Hydroblade

2 minutes ago, illogicalskittles said:

😂😂 Tbh if this film releases while I'm in Japan I'm sure as hell going to watch it anyway with my basic af conversational Japanese and somewhat fluent Chinese to read the subtitles. English subs be damned. 

That's the spirit :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

And then of course, you spill all the things here! XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only sorta tangentially related(?): I acted in this play based off Yuri on Ice last summer before I got into figure skating (though was a fan of YOI) and figured maybe some of you would enjoy this. If you're looking for some entertainment, tell me how you like it!

Description: Yaoi!!! on Fire is a two-act fire-spinning play inspired by the anime Yuri!!! on Ice. While Yuri!!! on Ice features a competition between male figure skaters, Yaoi!!! on Fire features a competition between female fire-spinners. We hope that Yuri!!! on Ice fans will enjoy a completely new story with the spirit (and subtext) of the anime, and that all will enjoy the amazing fire spinning acts! We aim for the show to be just as entertaining to someone who has seen Yuri!!! On Ice as someone who hasn’t.

Yaoi Longfellow, a street performer from Boston, gets recruited into the world of competitive fire spinning by a five-time national champion from Texas, Victoria Jasso. As Victoria coaches Yaoi, the two form a powerful bond. Yaoi must learn to have confidence in herself to compete against five other of the nation's top spinners at the USA Fire Spinning Grand Prix!

• 1 month later...