What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?

Henni147

What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?

• Let's Go Crazy
    • Origin and/or Otonal
    • Any other old competitive program
    • Any other old EX gala or show program
    • Pudding of the Opera with wine and cheese
    • Another completely new program
    • Stroking exercises
    • Something else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/2020 at 09:00 PM

1 час назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

Am I a conspiracist if I think such a mess may have been approved, at least partly because Yuzuru Hanyu, perfectionist as we know him, may be the most distracted of all skaters from competitive programs to fix this in so little time?

Though we know how fast he learned Masquerade.

Well, if I were a skater like Nathan I would be scratching my head now. If for the greatest part of my programs I skate around the rink at high speed and jump, what do I do on this tiny ice section where I can hardly gain enough speed for a jump? And what do I fill my ex with? The task is much easier for Eteri girls with their great amount of transitions and little ice coverage.

And the athletes at a loss most of all are probably pairs. What can they do in their ex? Spins?

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Am I a conspiracist if I think such a mess may have been approved, at least partly because Yuzuru Hanyu, perfectionist as we know him, may be the most distracted of all skaters from competitive programs to fix this in so little time?

Though we know how fast he learned Masquerade.

Never ascribe to malice what can be blamed on stupidity.

49 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

Well, if I were a skater like Nathan I would be scratching my head now. If for the greatest part of my programs I skate around the rink at high speed and jump, what do I do on this tiny ice section where I can hardly gain enough speed for a jump? And what do I fill my ex with? The task is much easier for Eteri girls with their great amount of transitions and little ice coverage.

And the athletes at a loss most of all are probably pairs. What can they do in their ex? Spins?

Nathan Chen often deserves a very low mark in interpretation and an outright zero in performance and transition, only because Yuzuru Hanyu's much superior athleticism forces him to have only his jumps and minimally correct spins, he is just at the limit of his capabilities, can do nothing more and must rely on judges "leniency" (which can hardly be mere stupidity, by the way). In a program where he doesn't have to show off quads and spins, or just one of each, he can do something very nice, because he does have talent.

Rockstaryuzu, I try to but I cannot ascribe to stupidity the new quad axel base value, for instance. So I get suspicious which of course biases my judgement, I'll admit to it.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

In a program where he doesn't have to show off quads and spins, or just one of each, he can do something very nice, because he does have talent.

I actually agree with that. Nathan's exhibitions are quite good, certainly no worse than most skaters, than Shoma or most of the girls. When he doesn't have to set up for quads, he's able to skate to the music. It's a pity he can't do both in competition.

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Nathan Chen often deserves a very low mark in interpretation and an outright zero in performance and transition, only because Yuzuru Hanyu's much superior athleticism forces him to have only his jumps and minimally correct spins, he is just at the limit of his capabilities, can do nothing more and must rely on judges "leniency" (which can hardly be mere stupidity, by the way). In a program where he doesn't have to show off quads and spins, or just one of each, he can do something very nice, because he does have talent.

Rockstaryuzu, I try to but I cannot ascribe to stupidity the new quad axel base value, for instance. So I get suspicious which of course biases my judgement, I'll admit to it.

Well, you weren't talking about scores in your original post, you were talking about this ridiculous farce of an awards show. 

Judging and scores are a whole other conversation.

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

this ridiculous farce of an awards show. 

Yes it's certainly that! And I'm so cross about my seat (and everyone's seat at K&C end) now being further away from the EX skating due to the stage, will we even see Yuzu doing his LGC or POTO or R&J? I've been ranting about the awards and red carpet - I have no interest in such shows at all, in fact I always think they are tacky, and they are not skating which is what SKATING fans want to see …BUT …. just watch all of us who are complaining about it JUMP UP AND DOWN AND CHEER AND SHOUT FOR YUZURU if  (I mean WHEN) he wins the Most Valuable Skater Award!! He BETTER bloody win!! (even though I think the whole thing's dumb!)

GIVE YUZU THAT AWARD!!! :hachimaki_angryparty_: or better still, give him the Title that he deserves.... 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, you weren't talking about scores in your original post, you were talking about this ridiculous farce of an awards show. 

Judging and scores are a whole other conversation.

In fact I don't know how ISU work exactly. I tend to see it as en entity, do you think the awards show idea and the permanent underscoring of Yuzuru Hanyu, and ridiculous overscoring of Nathan Chen, can come from different areas?

17 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

In fact I don't know how ISU work exactly. I tend to see it as en entity, do you think the awards show idea and the permanent underscoring of Yuzuru Hanyu, and ridiculous overscoring of Nathan Chen, can come from different areas?

Yes. The awards show is definitely the fault of the organising committee for Worlds. The scoring is the result of the  judges' choices at each competition. Two completely separate groups of people

14 hours ago, Shimmering said:

Judging by the size of the ice allocated for skaters' exes, it will be figure 8 or maybe spread eagle. I will gladly watch it, too. Come to think if it, I will gladly watch it from all medallists, for comparison.

It's not that bad. They still have 44m x 30m space to skate on, which is about the size of ice show rinks.