What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?

Henni147

What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for the infamous ISU award show 2020?

• Let's Go Crazy
    • Origin and/or Otonal
    • Any other old competitive program
    • Any other old EX gala or show program
    • Pudding of the Opera with wine and cheese
    • Another completely new program
    • Stroking exercises
    • Something else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/2020 at 09:00 PM

So yeah. Here we go. One last EX poll this season.

EDIT: This is the only vote that REALLY matters, aye? :winky:

Overview of Yuzu's EX choices this season so far:

SC 2019 (Canada): Parisienne Walkways 2.0

NHK 2019 (Japan): Haru Yo Koi

GPF 2019 (Italy): Notte Stellata

JNats 2019 (Japan): Seimei 2.0

4CC 2020 (South Korea): Hope and Legacy

Worlds 2020 (Canada):   ?

My personal guess is definitely LGC now. Come on Yuzu, burn the awards with the no. 1 song on YT's copyright blacklist :9:

I'd love for it to be LGC, but it seems unlikely because he hasn't brought it back anywhere else.. It seems the lack of LGC is a result of either copyright issues or Yuzu just disowning it as one of his program children. It's a sad but not unlikely possibility :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: 

I think it's likely to be an old competitive program though. He seems to enjoy the technical challenge and the possibility of finding new ways to perform them. He hasn't repeated an ex so far this season, so it seems likely for it to be something different again? Then again, I think at Worlds he'd like to perform a 'heavy hitter' like H&L instead of a more 'obscure' program like POTO, and he's done most of his iconic programs already this season (except for LGC). Maybe R&J 1, or maybe that feels too distant for him now?

I could also see him doing a shortened version of Origin as a final encore of that program. Who knows, I'm just looking forward to the ride! 

9 minutes ago, glilikoi said:

Maybe R&J 1, or maybe that feels too distant for him now

Tbh I thought about R&J 1, too... He has won his first medal at Worlds with that program. The mature version at Continues with Wings was amazing and Yuzu seems to have a very soft spot for revivals, warhorses and classics :winky:

However, I root for LGC this with all my toes and fingers. 

I for one am voting for stroking exercises because that would make my heart very very happy. The ones at GPF to the italian song? *swoons* 

I'm throwing in a second illegal vote for Let's Go Crazy because i've been nothing if not consistent in my pining for the return of that masterpiece these past three years. If i keep predicting it someday it has to become a reality, right? :winky: 

There's 1 sp, 1 ex, 1 fp left from last quad right? I doubt he'll do POTO for its bad memory in 14-15 ss, or Requiem as the trio Chopin - Seimei - Requiem was basically WC16, not a good memory either.

Will he do LGC? Or R&J 1.0? (most remarkable fs before Sochi). If he goes with theme of skating for himself it might be r&j as LGC was made to tribute Prince (dont know if that counts lol).

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I don’t want to alarm any of you but there’s a Notre Dame in Montreal...

Antis: So Hanyu finally has a new program.

Casual viewers: Is he Christian?

Paul Alster: What a thoughtful choice from Hanyu! [holds a lecture about the history of Montreal's Notre Dame]

Fans: This program is so underrated and finally gets the appreciation it deserves!

Yuzu: My body bulked up a bit, so Satomi had to make some adjustments with the costume.

ISU livestream: Ladies and Gentlemen. If you want to donate for the reconstruction of Notre Dame de Paris, you can use the following hotline [...].