sallycinnamon

[2020] 4CC (04-09.02) - Men Free Skating

47 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Ekhem, Junhwan wuz robbed and should medal over Yuma.

When they took a long time for Jun's score, I knew something smelled fishy...I so wanted a medal for Jun so we could have 1-2-3 finish for TCC boys!!

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'm glad Yuzu finally got one of the big shiny ISU Championships medal. Before 2017/18 those medals were so small. 

Me too :agree2: !  Omedetou, Yuzu! I was concerned about cutting down Seimei's run time but it actually wasn't bad. While not his best, there were some good highlights of the performance and the well-executed jumps looked crisp as well as the movements. I wish him the best in continuing to prepare for worlds and hope he can deliver two clean beautiful skates.  

To summarize his scoring:

I don't think there's any need for more discussion about scoring so I'm out with that.

Let me just enjoy his gold medal and the SUPER SLAM that he so deserved. It's hard to imagine he got 4CC title AFTER 2 OGMs :darklordyuzu:. When he won PC I used to think he might r*tire w/o 4CC title and didn't expect at all he would stay for another 2 years and finally got this. A very meaningful 10th season, with him breaking SC and 4CC curse one by one and finishing a super slam. 

(Rmb the day when 4CC sounded like a taboo for fanyus and antis always denied his GOAT status claiming he lacked this title. Now I can proudly say "Yuzuru Hanyu - 4CC champion", this is as satisfying to me as "Olympic champion" :knc_yuzu2:)

Now that I think about it. It's the first time that we see Yuzu and Jason on photos together (that are not particular TCC group pics) since Jason has joined the club in 2018, right? :cri:

And maybe the first time that they share the podium together?

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

When they took a long time for Jun's score, I knew something smelled fishy...I so wanted a medal for Jun so we could have 1-2-3 finish for TCC boys!!

Junhwan is a carrot farmer with a flutz, but barely 3 points in PCS between him and Yuma is a BS when Yuma telegraphs his jumps across whole rink.

42 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Anytime.

As for your worry, sigh.

For most fans who have been following Yuzu for a decade or so, this is the major concern we have when we received the news he is going back to SEIMEI now of all time. Not because of silly recycling argument, or concern that he is insulting Plushenko by abandoning a supposed tribute, or because we are so unbelievably fond of Origin. It is because SEIMEI is a 4.30 program, and so this new 4.00 one would be unfamiliar, and he only gets to out it once, with tech upgrade, before Worlds. But once is better than nothing at all. Now, he knows what adjustment he needs to do. We can only pray our damnest this time before Worlds would be enough to fine tune it to perfection.

When you think about it though, what a baller move! I don't think there's any other man at this level that would jump from one program to another with any reasonable expectation of getting it ready in time. The fact that he's even willing to try says a lot.

42 minutes ago, Tee said:

I knew it looked familiar

:rofl2:

Well, Zuz never changed his programs in the middle of season, so it was nice first time I think.

You can hear him saying Arigato in this video :8232307:

I am so happy for Yuzu. I knew he wasn't going to be clean and I was sure that any errors would happen on the 4Lz and\or on one of the 4Ts. It really was like if he was skating at the beginning of the season. But, he won a championship, the only one he hadn't won before and that all that matters. The mistakes weren't that big and I am sure he can fix things by Worlds. The new Seimei is as great as the old one and that 4S - 3A - 3F is insane.

Congratulations to Jason and Yuma as well. They were both amazing :smileys-cheerleading-867900: