If my ears serve me right...

Kiss & Cry conversation:

B: (Takes a deep breath) Yeah

G: Big ones, c'mon. (rubs hands)

B: Yup

Y: Please

(Yuzu wipes his face with his towel)

Y: So long

(Yuzu looks onto the rink, Brian followed)

B: Wow

G: Too many toys

Y: Yeah

(All three laugh)

B: ???

Y: I guess???

(All three laugh)

Y: (looks down at Pooh and sighs) They don't want me, hahaha. (Brian looks to Yuzu nervously)

Y: (facing Brian) ??? Did you see the ??? for the ice dance?

B: No. What?

Y: Because, um, Cizeron and Papadakis couldn't beat the Russian pair.. They have so long time to the score

B: Oh okay yeah yeah yeah yeah. That was, how long was that?

Y: I don't know

B: Recently yeah? Long long long time yeah.

Y: Yeah

B: I think they're trying to give Jason a bit more time (Yuzu looking uneasy, rubs his mouth)

G: And it's good (Yuzu laughs)

B: Definitely yeah

-Scores announcement-

Yep. He knows how things work. Sad though

Well we don't really know why that wait was that long, may be multiple things, troubles with Poohs amount being one of them... But I understand feeling uneasy with the long wait, sigh. Especially with knowing how judges are at his tiniest mistake...

Yeah, I can not hear a thing, thanks for transcribing. And yes, seems like Yuzu is well aware of all the shenanigans, how could he not be. Definitely sad to have to be worrying for that too, like the pressure wasn't enough.

So he actually knows... T_T couldn’t help but tear up a little when be said “they don’t want me”

I hate public speaking especially infront of the crowds i dont like, knowing i dont have their support and need to work for it. I was never popular in school so whenever i went up to present, every little noise makes me scared because i would think im being scrutinized. thats how i see it for yuzu. the fact that he is yuzuru hanyu exposes him to 100x more scrutiny and pressure than any other skater. It must be very difficult for anyone going into a competition knowing no matter how much you worked for each element and aspect of the program, the judges will always find a nonexisting reason to deduct points here and there. You have skaters coming from smaller feds, probably resigned to just trying to get on top 10. And for Yuzu, not only does he get lowballed, he has the expectation to win from others and himself. And the opposite could be said for some american or russian skaters who are backed by powerful feds. how easy and calming it must feel to go into a competition knowing they are prepared a medal. im not discrediting their hard work but the difference between the pressure is drastic. the fact that despite all of the pressure, yuzu could turn it in his favor when it counts and rise to the occasion, it speaks volume about the kind of person he is. he may be human but he is the strongest of them all

3 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202002070001225.html

Yuzu's 'wine & cheese' interview after SP. (Google Translated from Japanese to English. It'd be nice if Japanese speakers here can make some corrections if the Google one isn't accurate!)

Also sorry if this has been posted - I was too late to this thread and could not possibly catch up with all the pages... 

<Figure Skating: Four Continents> ◇ 7th ◇ Seoul, Korea ◇ Men's Short Program (SP)

Yuzuru Hanyu (25 = ANA), aiming for the first victory, took the lead in the SP world's highest score. "Ballard No. 1" played for the first time in 721 days since the 18th Pyeongchang Olympics (Pyeongchang Olympics), which won two consecutive victories. He recorded 111.82 points and updated the world's highest of 110.53 points.

After acting, attended the press conference of the top three people. The main questions and answers are as follows.

-How to keep your tension and concentration in preparation for free

Hanyu: I was very comfortable today. I was able to really put my feelings on the song, and I was able to slide while thinking, "I'm having fun with figure skating." The day after tomorrow's free is a program with a different story, so I hope I can do a different figure skating again. I was slipping while thinking about "to fall"The reason I slipped without thinking today is something like this program is my own program, and it is supposed to be slippery countless times now, but I was like wine or cheese, and I did not have this kind of figure skating until now It may be, but the more you slip and the more time you spend, the more mature and deeper the program will become. That's very personalYou can jump and step from the heart of the song.

-What was the result of changing this program?

Hanyu: The biggest thing was that I could skate again. There is happiness that can be gained from running this program as a competition. It was great to be able to act like I thought "this is myself".

-Free "SEIMEI". It's a special program, but how do you feel now? The jump connection is too short to make four and a half minutes into four minutes commitment

Hanyu: Of course, I have a special feeling, but this program is very special for me, not for "I did it in Pyeongchang" or "I'm here in Korea". For fans, this program is very impressive for the OlympicsI also want to value it, and that's why I want to perform clean, but when I try Ballad 1 today, my experience is different from that timeHow to feel the sound, how to pause. So I want to make it different (and SEIMEI) again.

-What is the composition of today ’s SP and the intention of the costume?

Hanyu: First of all, in today's short, I put two quads in the first half because this is the program I can best express. In the current situation where the range of GOEs (performance points) has increased, the score is the most stable. To be honest, it doesn't matter if you're clear or score. I chose how to feel the song and how it felt. The colors of the costumes were not changed too much, and while cherishing the memories of everyone, we devised so that people can think "I've changed" as they look.

A few correction. Word 滑る means 'slip' but for this context it's 'to skate' or 'skating'. 

'I was slipping while thinking about "to fall". The reason I slipped without thinking today' is actually a question: "For 'Otonal', you're thinking while skating. But today, you're able to skate without thinking. Why was that?"

'That's very personal' meant the way this program - Ballade no1 has been evolving as he's spent many seasons perfecting it, is very much of the characteristic of his work.

'is very impressive for the Olympics' meant the program has vivid memories from the olympics of the performance.

'when I try Ballad 1 today, my experience is different from that time. How to feel the sound, how to pause.' meant 'when I performed Ballade no1 today, because I've had more experience since the last time I performed, it translated into the way I felt the music and how to pace (timing of) each elements.

-What is the composition of today ’s SP and the intention of the costume?  What is the intention behind the SP layout and the costume

'In the current situation where the range of GOEs (performance points) has increased, the score is the most stable. To be honest, it doesn't matter if you're clear or score.'

He meant he's decided this layout because that's the most stable layout in terms of scoring (getting good GOEs) so that he can focus more on feeling the music (to get into performance) rather than concentrating on execution of jumps. Then he said 'To be honest, to be very frank, it doesn't matter with the scoring' 

I think auto-translation always gets confused with Japanese non-subject (I, you, they, etc) sentences. We can read it and understand within the context but it's not always clear even to us:68468287:

This interview showed that it really matters for Yuzu to feel the music, in order to perform the way he feels right and when he can feel the music, it can create "magic". I think Yuzu thinks that was somehow missing in Otonal and Origin I suppose. He is an athlete but he is definitely a true artist for that sense. I love him :img_20:

32 minutes ago, airi said:

Well we don't really know why that wait was that long, may be multiple things, troubles with Poohs amount being one of them... But I understand feeling uneasy with the long wait, sigh. Especially with knowing how judges are at his tiniest mistake...

the flower girls also spent some time picking up bits of something from the ice. not sure what it was--debris, ice chunks, something else. hopefully it was just that, and not the judges looking for any way to nitpick Yuzu's scores they could

47 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

Y: (looks down at Pooh and sighs) They don't want me, hahaha. (Brian looks to Yuzu nervously)

I feel like the sound quality is too unclear to say for sure if this is what he says. It sounds like a really strong statement from someone who usually avoids any direct criticism and is speaking in a semi-public space. So I kind of feel like it's more likely that Yuzu said something else that sounds a bit similar. It's clear that he's feeling nervous about the scores, and I don't doubt he worries about politicking privately. But this would be an unusually strong statement from him, so I'd like to hear a clearer recording before concluding that's what he says.

20 часов назад, Pammi сказал:

The colour of his costume looks gorgeous on this fan cam

Thank you! I tried my best to film but halfway my hands began to shake I was so excited and nervous in same time xD

Lol If they would think to deduct points cause a crystal fell from his costume I think they would get mobbed. There is no way hahaha

4 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I also filmed full warm-up xD

Oh, so this great fancam was one of our own! Awesome filming and i very much appreciate you sharing it with us c: 

Только что, tafattsbarn сказал:

Oh, so this great fancam was one of our own! Awesome filming and i very much appreciate you sharing it with us c: 

You r welcome. Yes filming a little distracting but in my case distracting is a good thing bcs if I'm not doing it I begin to shake and my heartbeat is spiking when I'm watching his skating xD LOL

12 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Thank you! I tried my best to film but halfway my hands began to shake I was so excited and nervous in same time xD

It’s a great video, thank you so much for sharing! It’s so good to see Yuzuru’s programme from different angles ... and with no annoying commentary! Your screams at the end are all of us !!

33 minutes ago, airi said:

also, the last time his scores took so long, he ended with 3 unexpected UR calls, no wonder if he doesn't feel at ease. Also I would be surprised if he didn't know that the standard applied to him is always a much stricter one, that he needs to do more to get scrapes of goe and pcs. After all, he analyzes other skaters, he studies the scores.

tbh, I had given for granted the long wait was to clear the ice. But if Yuzu got worried, it probalby meant plushies had been safely cleared already. But didn't someone mention they were looking for something on the ice?

I think only one of the elements (stsq iirc, from Jpn tv footage) was being reviewed by tech panel, so Yuzu didn't have reasons to worry for weird tech calls this particular time (and you really had to be out of your mind to review any of the jump landings). Do skaters get to know what is under review, like commentators do?

Given what had happened in ACI, how Yuzu had joked about rotations in SC, and that, yes, usually long wait means things could take a bad turn (like for P/C, tho for P/C in the end the element being reviewed was called valid and points added back), it's understandable his mind would jump at the worst case scenario:/ probably a glimpse at how much all the s***scoring is affecting him

btw, about Sasha Martinez, I have this foggy memory of me being surprised at her giving some surprisingly nice score in a SP earlier this season, only to have my distrust of her confirmed again in the FS (checked, it was ACI, tho worst thing at ACI was certainly tech panel), so I don't trust those two 10s she gave, and anyway underscoring in goe, especially for elements with high factoring like 4T and 3A, is still a very effective way to underscore (and indeed she underscored theat SP overall)