sallycinnamon

[2020] 4CC (04-09.02) - Men Short Program

I think if there’s no angle involved Raf is probably quite a kind person - see his behaviour to Shoma in France.  But if there is an angle for him or his then all bets are off

7 hours ago, AFBSLKoanda said:

definitely robbed on GOE and PCS. Just like H&L @ Helsinki Worlds.

It's so ridiculous. The score obtained under a new system which was designed to reward quality elements (Hence increasing max GOE from +3 to +5) is always lower than the one awarded under the system of max GOE +3. The new system is purely designed to give fudges more space and freedom to manipulate the results, STAPLED.

You've just reminded me of how much I love the simple shade of calling the judges fudges over their inconsistent and unsupported poor scoring. 

5 hours ago, monchan said:

That 0.2pt is what judge dinged during their long pause not your fault Yuzu :winky:

4 hours ago, monchan said:

Yep

4S, 4T+3T, x3A
Base Value – 45.8 (BV+Max Goe 66.2)
Max score available – 116.20

Source: Yuzu's international fb fangroup

He's short of 1.6 on PCs, and 2.78 on GOEs. Like how can you get better? Esp he executed jumps PERFECTLY. You know what the long pause before the score is announced is for lol :deadinside:

I read somewhere that a judge was hit by one of the Poohs. Perhaps that's their way to take revenge. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

In Chopin the incredible transition work is the most striking to me. It feels like there are barely crossovers or gap fillers at all. Even the transitions are embraced by advanced transitions.

I absolutely agree! It's a masterpiece like I've never seen before. :heartpound:

I showed today's Chopin to my mom who only very occasionally watches figure skating (usually only when I show her). Even she noticed that Yuzu's jumps fit perfeclty into his program and that he connects his jumps seamlessly with his movements in and out of the jumps. She also said that he fills out every space in his program without leaving empty spaces. I didn't even point it out to her but she could still see it herself.

I think this really proves Yuzu's absolute mastery when even someone who hardly knows anything about figure skating can see the sheer artistry, completeness and excellence of his performances.

2 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Jason skated after Yuzu in Saitama but i guess he wants to forget that skate lol 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

He meant directly after Yuzu because he hadn’t experienced skating in Pooh rain before. In Saitama it was Yuzu -> Nathan -> Jason

At least @tafattsbarn remembered something albeit inaccurately 😅 , I don't remember anything at all about the FS skate after Yuzu at Worlds 2019, such a cursed event that it was 😫😫🙈

He added more green blingbling to his costume (both collar+costume including sleeves) :smiley-love017:

The shade of colour is also more mint/light green into blueish.

So pretty! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Compare 2017 CoR vs PyeongChang vs today:

PydJesF.jpg

source: Ninny

yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-competes-in-the-me

source: gettyimages

EQL0LAyXUAA-M5L?format=jpg&name=4096x409

source: Yomiuri

A short piece by Takahito Mura gives his impressions of Ballade1 at 4CC: 

While Otonal is a great program, Chopin's Ballade1 is a superior, much more complete program.  Earlier in the season Mura had noticed that Hanyu was having to make extra movements (in a way that seemed not to be part of the flow), which revealed an element of uncertainty or lack of clarity in his mind while performing.  But with this Ballade he has restored the , unhesitating flow from the start to finish, and showed a return of full confidence in his performance...  According to the music editor for Seimei, the second half of the piece has been slightly sped up in order to retain as much of the original structure of the choreography in the new, shortened version.  

From Sports Hochi article: 

https://hochi.news/articles/20200208-OHT1T50012.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

According to the music editor for Seimei, the second half of the piece has been slightly sped up in order to retain as much of the original structure of the choreography in the new, shortened version.  

https://hochi.news/articles/20200208-OHT1T50012.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brilliant! 

4 時間前, FlyingCamelさんが言いました:

Didn’t Raf praise Yuzu several times before though?

Raf asked Yuzu for his autograph at a competition (I don’t remember which one).  Everyone around them were surprised to see it and Raf said, “What? I’m his fun!”  Yuzu himself said, “ Aaaa bikkurishita!” meaning “Wow what a surprise!”

OMG! I'm sure this is something that no one has ever achieved before. :knc_yuzu1:

Yuzu is simply the GOAT of GOATS, the best of the best! I've run out of words to describe him. :worship:

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

A short piece by Takahito Mura gives his impressions of Ballade1 at 4CC: 

While Otonal is a great program, Chopin's Ballade1 is a superior, much more complete program.  Earlier in the season Mura had noticed that Hanyu was having to make extra movements (in a way that seemed not to be part of the flow), which revealed an element of uncertainty or lack of clarity in his mind while performing.  But with this Ballade he has restored the , unhesitating flow from the start to finish, and showed a return of full confidence in his performance...  According to the music editor for Seimei, the second half of the piece has been slightly sped up in order to retain as much of the original structure of the choreography in the new, shortened version.  

Now that he mentioned it, I totally see that about Otonal vs. Chopin. TBH the FIRST ever Otonal program he debuted at ACI in 2018 was my favoritest ever program in terms of choreography ever done by him as well as in the history of skating, but then he had to change a few things to move the jumps to the second half. It felt a bit emptier afterwards. This Chopin had zero empty moments. not ONE. it was a performance, not a competition. it was perfection. and even though both Otonal and Chopin are my favorite programs, I can see how Chopin is more complete and more comfortable on him.

8 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Based on this: https://skatingscores.com/1920/4cc/men/short/

I'll take the TES given by the Canadian judge and the PCS given by the UK judge. Thank you.:nod2:

Canada has been scoring him well this season (what a surprise). Do you think they're trying to make things fairer b/t Yuzu and Nate so as not to let Nate run away with everything this quad in case one of their skaters starts to deliver? 

I think the neck of this outfit seems a bit shorter too.. it doesn't come as close to his chin.

None of our skaters, even if they deliver, will be close to the scores of Yuzu, Nate.. or even Shoma. I can't explain our judges scoring Yuzu better lately... just grateful for it.