sallycinnamon

[2020] 4CC (04-09.02) - Men Short Program

5 minutes ago, cereus said:

After the pooh rain was cleared some of the sweepers went back out and were picking up small debris off the ice. Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if part of the delay was because they had to identify the debris to make sure it wasn't part of Yuzu's costume (which if I understand the rules--hah--would have resulted in a deduction).

Yeah they might desperately look for that costume deduction :darklordyuzu:

In the interview Yuzu said that he could hear everyone cheering for him while he skated :10742289: And so he was able to perform with a great sense of pride. I'm so glad you found yourself again, dear GOAT, although we are always proud of you :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

19 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Press conference! 

He is so precious trying so hard with the English :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

29 minutes ago, Pika said:

Omg what's that sound quality :facepalm:

Omg what's that translation quality :giggle: The translator looked relieved when Yuzu decided to translate his own answers himself :dbana:

25 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

@Purple

You're missing a very critical point in your defense on Weir's behalf, which that it is personal for us, fanyus. 

What I can say is it's never personal for me in terms of supporting/defending athletes, across different sports.

There are more important & serious things happening in real life that needs attention.

I dont worked up when such situations(backstabbing, etc) happen to me, directly. Such is human nature, the big world out there is not as ideal as we would like it to be. Hence I said the chinese saying "society is very realistic".

So, for now, I will enjoy watching Yuzuru's SP a 3rd time & the other men the 1st time. While trying to do my work, at midnight, haha.

When Yuzu decided to translate his own responses it killed me :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 minute ago, Purple said:

What I can say is it's never personal for me in terms of supporting/defending athletes, across different sports.

There are more important & serious things happening in real life that needs attention.

I dont worked up when such situations(backstabbing, etc) happen to me, directly. Such is human nature, the big world out there is not as ideal as we would like it to be. Hence I said the chinese saying "society is very realistic".

So, for now, I will enjoy watching Yuzuru's SP a 3rd time & the other men the 1st time. While trying to do my work, at midnight, haha.

Hmm, then, I am not quite sure why you feel the need to defend Weir, in multiple posts, no less. But to each their own, I guess.:shrug:

_____

Based on this: https://skatingscores.com/1920/4cc/men/short/

I'll take the TES given by the Canadian judge and the PCS given by the UK judge. Thank you.:nod2:

47 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Yuzu's translator isn't any better than him at English. Huhu. I think he's mainly Chinese-Korean and Japanese-korean translation.

Edit: there was another competition where the translator wasn't doing a great job of translating his answers and he just decided to answer in english all the way. Forgot what comp that was.

IIRC, that was GPF last December.

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

You've gotta love Jason! lol

But Jason would totally think that was so fun. He'd love it. 

To be honest, the times when the translators were good have been far fewer than when they weren't. I like it that Yuzu is trying to take his English statements into his own hands, too. It's obvious he's still frustrated by the limitations, but it's better than having someone put words in his mouth he didn't actually say. The translator missed out on several things and I think there was one big mistake, too, though I can't remember what right now. I wish organizers would put a bit more effort in finding good translators for competitions... But also, I think Yuzu gets more comfortable with English the more he talks, like at GPF, where it started off awkwardly and by the end he was chatting lol

What I'm most proud of is that he finally learned "the day after tomorrow", instead of the "tomorrow tomorrow" he used a few years ago :clapclap4: Always improving Yuzu on the ice and off it!

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

Roman isn't quite as thin as Yuzu and he's a lot taller, but the narrow/long thing is still there. No way would I mistake their silhouettes, but he's definitely more like Yuzu than most. Roman didn't land his jumps well here, but his sal, when it's on, looks a lot like Yuzu's. He has the same relaxed upper body

To me, Yuzu, Nam, and Roman all skate with echoes of Orser in their skating, but they each have their own style, too. At one point all 3 were coached by Brian so it's not surprising. Your take on them is interesting, though. 

Was not expecting a new costume. That colour is to die for. 

I guess he's had a program switch up his sleeve as a possibility for a little while then, if Satomi has had time to make him a new costume (or two! - here's hoping!!)

Btw what I'm satisfied MOST about this Chopin is the 100% perfect execution of ALL 3 jumps, which he did even better than PC or ACI version:

esp this 4T3T, so good speed and rhythm for both jumps, I rmb the 4T of the combo in PC and ACI weren't this good. It might help he jumps 3A last this time. But compared to anything he skated the past 2 seasons, this is the best.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

To me, Yuzu, Nam, and Roman all skate with echoes of Orser in their skating, but they each have their own style, too. At one point all 3 were coached by Brian so it's not surprising. Your take on them is interesting, though. 

Javi also definitely has some Orser-esque technique in his skating.