sallycinnamon

[2020] 4CC (04-09.02) - Men Short Program

13:35, mind was blown. Now I don't care about the repeat or anything. Every single second was sublime. Every jump deserved +5. Nothing could have been better. Except for the score, I wanted a 112. But I'll take a WR. Thank you Yuzu :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

40 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

That’s fascinating coming from a teetotaller who doesn’t eat fatty foods :coolio:

I was so afraid to watch him live and decided not to--but then changed my mind at the last minute. It really is a privilege to watch someone that great, even when they aren't at their best. But today he was brilliant and I'm still blown away by his performance.

32 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

He goes way and beyond what's necessary to make Nathan look good. The thing is, we used to perceive him as Yuzuru's friend - the shows together, the positive words in the past, the photos, Yuzu so often crediting him as a great influence on him, Otonal tribute - that Johnny putting him down feels more personal. 

1) For one thing, NBC even disses their own President, cos he's from a different party. What more non USA skaters.

So, in comparison, what Johnny said is mild compared to how NBC treats their own Americans. 

It's just to spice things up, which is what American media tend to do. 

Basically, to me, Johnny Weir has to say what NBC wants him to say if he wants to keep his commentating job. + what Johnny says is pretty mild by NBC standards.

2) Didnt Japanese media make some remarks when Yuzu lost to Shoma at Japan Nationals? Japan's media themselves arent that complimentary of Yuzuru. Needless to say, JSF have never been all that supportive of him.

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Nam is endearing etc but a bit stiff legged for my taste - better Keegan tbh

my oddball take about the Canadian men is that Nam is mini Nathan and Roman is mini Yuzu. Mostly because of Nam's stiff leggedness and the kind of music he skates to. Nam is more consistently committed to the music though. (Roman has Yuzu's soft knees and his effortless jumping style, as well as his narrow body type and suitability for more classical-style music. Wish he had more of Yuzu's consistency here though.)

Keegan is just his own thing lol

34 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Yuzuru, swirling 100% not from concentrate orange juice in a Zinfandel glass: compared with the light and youthful 2014 vintage, the 2020 oak-aged Chopin features a more mature yet still delicate and pleasingly detailed flavour profile. upon decanting, this glowing straw-gold wine with its light floral bouquet of teal blossoms and fresh ice pleasantly tantalizes the senses. it unfolds on initial sip with graceful and vivacious notes of grapefruit and gold leaf, which evolve on the tongue into a profound and sumptuous blend of sweetened edamame, steamed white rice and strawberry shortcake, followed by a lingering creamy finish redolent of melted milk chocolate. it is that rarest of wines: easy-drinking and crowd-pleasing, with very little bitterness, yet possessed of an elegance and complexity which will surely land it on most critics' lists of instant classics. unfortunately I am allergic to alcohol.

The more I look at the new costume the more it entrances me. Such subtle colors. I think it suits the softness of this layout perfectly. Surperb:softYuzu:

5 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Roman is mini Yuzu.  (Roman has Yuzu's soft knees and his effortless jumping style, as well as his narrow body type and suitability for more classical-style music. Wish he had more of Yuzu's consistency here though.)

Yo really think so? I think his body type is very different and so its the skate. Roman is way heavier than Yuzu imo, and his jumps dont look like Yuzus at all to me.

51 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

He could also ask Nathan questions like: "What are your next plans to get even better?"

No need to bring Yuzu into this and hurt him even more than he already did. Especially, if you claim to be his friend. Real friends never do this. Never. I would rather quit my job as a commentator than betraying my most loyal and popular fan.

I do not think ultimately Johnny has a choice in the talking points or the framing of questions, looking at how offensive NBC or CBS or CNN can get.

Well, that's us. The real world is very different. Esp if it involves earning enough to survive. Like the chinese saying goes "Society is very realistic"

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Did Yuzu's costume look a little more minty/teal blue rather than pure sky blue, or was it just my screen?

It looks seafoam green under the lights from the rinkside.

Guys I’m still catatonic from the whole SP. The last two groups of men + Yuma were spectacular and Chopin just.. blew everything out of the water... That was one hell of a first ISU competition for me! :embSwan:

A couple of my photos from tonight... what on earth was he saying in the second photo 😂

30 minutes ago, Purple said:

1) For one thing, NBC even disses their own President, cos he's from a different party. What more non USA skaters.

So, in comparison, what Johnny said is mild compared to how NBC treats their own Americans. 

It's just to spice things up, which is what American media tend to do. 

Basically, to me, Johnny Weir has to say what NBC wants him to say if he wants to keep his commentating job. + what Johnny says is pretty mild by NBC standards.

As an American, I'll just say that your first point is definitely a view many of us would not share. But as the TOS of this website forbids political discussion, I'll leave it at that and respectfully request that you keep your discussion of American media on our sports and not on our politics. It's a touchy subject, and one I certainly don't want to be reminded of when I'm here to talk about skating.

Now, back to Yuzu. What a privilege to watch him continuing to grow as a skater (and return to what he feels represents him best as a skater). Somehow he just keeps getting better.