sallycinnamon

[2020] 4CC (04-09.02) - Practice, Fluff and all the In-betweens

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I think if Yuzu has truly reached the second stage of his post-Oly zen, where he focuses more on perfecting his brand of skating, while also improving the technical, increasing the technical, but giving himself time to do it properly, as opposed to trying to achieve it asap and win everything in the process, too, because he now trusts that his perfected skating + increased technical will be enough to win and if it won't, then it's really not in his hands anymore, so whatever, then there's a chance he will continue indefinitely, because there will always be new challenges, small things he can challenge, then perfect, new programs to try and perfect, beyond just this quad, that quad and those quads. He could experiment with different jump entries, different transitions, different spins, rearranging elements, plus challenging different types of music. If he's ready to accept not winning everything and ready to give himself time to reach his ideals of perfection, then he'll probably continue until he becomes out of ideas. Which would actually be really fun, because it wouldn't be impossible for that to end up outliving the current jumping beans. Plus we'd see mastery at work for a longer time. However, his nature is competitive, so it could be that the first time he achieves a performance he is fully satisfied with and doesn't win might be the day he says "ok, I'm out of here, this isn't worth it". Although that doesn't really sound like him.

As it is, I have no idea what he's thinking right now. We'll just have to wait and see lol

I'm not sure how likely it is nor do I have any expectations about what Yuzu should or shouldn't do, but it would be truly hilarious and serve the ISU right if all of their efforts to push Yuzu out the door backfired so spectacularly that they caused Yuzu to find new levels of meaning and purpose in his skating and he just kept on going even after Beijing. 

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

And... more banquet pictures 

Oh yass, I was waiting for Yuzu-Madi banquet pic and Yuzu with Wenjing in hanfu and got it all together <3<3<3 

They are all soo beautiful. True stars!

8 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

I'm not sure how likely it is nor do I have any expectations about what Yuzu should or shouldn't do, but it would be truly hilarious and serve the ISU right if all of their efforts to push Yuzu out the door backfired so spectacularly that they caused Yuzu to find new levels of meaning and purpose in his skating and he just kept on going even after Beijing. 

Don't count out Yuzu at the 2050 Winter Olympics in Antarctica :9:

He will outlive all skaters, ISU officials, their children and grandchildren and won't age at all, I tell you.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:32 AM, mokjakarma said:

Saw this on my timeline a few hours ago and Sharon Choi's reaction is perfect for questions like these 

:LOL:

On 2/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, barbara said:

Did the Olympic Channel, with the SP, show anything besides the last two groups? The regular NBC showing didn't show Roman at all.  I know he didn't have a great skate, but not showing the CanadianNational Champ is not acceptable.

So sorry I missed this, I'm in panic mode, preparing for World's. I guess you already got your answers. I agree, it's a sin not to show Roman.