sallycinnamon

[2020] 4CC (04-09.02) - Practice, Fluff and all the In-betweens

10 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Ok putting my earphones by the bed in case insomnia strikes.

See you at practice :LOL:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Groupies and stalkers exist in every culture. 

Well yes. All I meant was that where we draw the line may be different because of what each person has been taught as “acceptable”. 

1 hour ago, Chitsuki said:

Well yes. All I meant was that where we draw the line may be different because of what each person has been taught as “acceptable”. 

The girl who shot the video kept laughing and apologising while she endangered his safety. Even when Brian asked him “are you okay” when he was up against that wall she laughed and repeated “are you okay?” so I’m pretty sure she knew it was unacceptable and just didn’t care.

10 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Brian, please put on a mask :smiley-angelic001:

If he's been following the many updates from Toronto's public health, he's been getting the message that these masks are more cosmetic than anything else.  This message has been pounded home repeatedly in GTA media.  Mostly masks might only be useful if you have symptoms yourself to hinder germs if you sneeze or cough.  Definitely not needed on a plane, or out and about if you are healthy.  I was at a hospital in downtown Toronto last week and only people with symptoms were asked to mask, as was usual before the coronavirus panic.  The only change I noticed was more signs reminding people of this policy.   

I try not to give into the panic over the illness, which is being used here as a reason to justify nasty racist comments and behaviors towards people of Chinese and East Asian ancestry.  So I would not make any assumptions about Canadian coaches based on whether they wear a mask or not. 

It is true that mask help virus not spread from  infected to healthy people and not prevent healthy people from getting sick while wearing it, but I think there is so much misinformation that if it puts people at ease it can also be considered polite. There is also the fact that you may be infected and not know it, this type of virus can be transmitted when asymptomatic. Now, I am sure that Brian being in Canada was not at risk of being infected  but just speaking in general terms.

7 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Latest interview from Seoul, an hour after arrival (presumably from the hotel).   Interesting new info:  after MOI, he wanted to look for other music pieces that fit perfectly like Seimei and made him feel like "Yuzuru Hanyu" again.  But he realized there is not enough time to 4CC and Worlds, so he decided to use Seimei and Chopin again.  

I missed my chance to send him Rasputin??? Oh noooooo!

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

next season ;)

3 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

I want to ask as i've seen you guys speaking about the seeing the first practice, that's at the practice rink. Isn't the practice rink closed to public? Or are you guys talking about possible reports from sports journalists? I've seen mentions of streaming by fans and i was confused.

Practice rink sessions are closed to public from what I've heard but I have still seen reports of what happened there, at least a few here and there, so I'm not sure how that;s happening. A sneaky livestream is probably out of the question but reports might trickle in.

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

We should tell him to do Tokyo Ghoul. He loves it, he wouldn't mind 'eating' the opposition, and some of the music is faaaabulous.

Just now, TallyT said:

We should tell him to do Tokyo Ghoul. He loves it, he wouldn't mind 'eating' the opposition, and some of the music is faaaabulous.

You won't find me objecting at all.

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Practice rink sessions are closed to public from what I've heard but I have still seen reports of what happened there, at least a few here and there, so I'm not sure how that;s happening. A sneaky livestream is probably out of the question but reports might trickle in.

I look at this and think, wow, we were spoiled at SC with livestream practices, and even commentary (which we could take or leave, I know, but the point is they realized the interest and viewed it as important). 

If all the people infected with the virus wear masks, you don't need to wear them.  But if they are not, masks will help you reduce your chance of getting  saliva splatters which may include germs and the virus onto your face, even if only slightly.

4 minutes ago, liv said:

I look at this and think, wow, we were spoiled at SC with livestream practices, and even commentary (which we could take or leave, I know, but the point is they realized the interest and viewed it as important). 

I see some sense in not having a whole media thing around for the practice rink sessions, but I do wish they'd stream the main rink ones, at least!