@sweetwater Thank you for such a complete chronology (and chronology of the planned casts).

I thought about another possible motivation for Yuzuru Hanyu, apart from complying with the terms of his contract, honouring the rinks where he could skate in 2011 etc. He is certainly aware of many less successful skaters financial difficulties, whose future career may depend on the income provided by such shows, which success may depend on his presence. Of course these motivations are not exclusive.

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

@sweetwater Thank you for such a complete chronology (and chronology of the planned casts).

I thought about another possible motivation for Yuzuru Hanyu, apart from complying with the terms of his contract, honouring the rinks where he could skate in 2011 etc. He is certainly aware of many less successful skaters financial difficulties, whose future career may depend on the income provided by such shows, which success may depend on his presence. Of course these motivations are not exclusive.

The rink where he skated in 2011 was Niida Indoor Rink, now called Technol Ice Park Niida, not Flat Hachinohe, the venue of SOI 2020 and 2021. Flat Hachinohe is a new rink that opened last spring, but of course, there is a possibility that he first chose to take part in SOI Hachinohe to give back to the town. Flat Hachinohe is also the home rink of Tohoku Free Blades, with which Toshinobu Yoshida, who has been maintaining Yuzu's blades working. However, whether SOI this year would be of help to the town depends heavily on the situation surrounding COVID. COVID cases are rising in Tohoku as well, and while some of the local people seriously need tourists visiting their town, some of them are seriously afraid of large-scale events that may spread the virus in their community. I am sure he is aware of such a conflict because it is a part of the sad landscape sung in the song by the back number.