5 hours ago, monchan said:

Money too big so too hard to cancel huh?

:peekapooh:this is so transparent

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I’d advise giving it a miss. :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: I think at least Yokohama show is likely to be cancelled but the organisers probably can’t bare losing Yuzu money until they’re absolutely forced to.

I’m worried not only about SOI but FaOI... and then there’s next season... France GP, China GP, USA GP... GPF was supposed to be held in Beijing but I’m sure it’ll have to be moved elsewhere. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

by GPF either the virus will be gone, or it will be everywhere in which case Beijing is no worse than anywhere else :13877886:

2020 has been so chaotic. SEIMEI cannot come soon enough to exorcise and purify the world, along with ISU for full measure :10742286:

Bob Dylan's tour in Jpn, which will last the whole April, is cancelled. It's just matter of time before SOI Yokohama & Hachinohe get cancelled. Fanyus be prepared for April's complete drought.

Less than 2 weeks left. When we can start to panic that they won't cancel it?

I mean... I don't remember between what coutries are now travel bans, but literally half of their cast is not from Japan (🙄). Can they even come to the show?

It really would be irresponsible of the organizers not to cancel the shows. Aside from challenges related to travel - how can social distancing be implemented in such a setup? I wouldn't want for the audience, the crew, and the skaters themselves (Yuzu especially) to get sick just because of an ice show. C'mon, even the WC was cancelled. These shows cannot be more important than that...

7 hours ago, AngelOnIce said:

It really would be irresponsible of the organizers not to cancel the shows. Aside from challenges related to travel - how can social distancing be implemented in such a setup? I wouldn't want for the audience, the crew, and the skaters themselves (Yuzu especially) to get sick just because of an ice show. C'mon, even the WC was cancelled. These shows cannot be more important than that...

I just saw a tweet that the Takarazuka performances in Tokyo just restarted with a packed audience so... social distancing doesn’t seem to exist right now in Japan. :/ 

Please, SOI, don’t make skaters travel... please don’t put Yuzu at risk...

ETA I’m so glad Yuzu wasn’t chosen as a torch bearer.

The flame arrived in Japan to a scaled-down welcoming ceremony on Friday, but on Saturday more than 50,000 people queued to watch it being displayed at Sendai station in Miyagi. Some had to stay in a 500-metre queue for several hours, local media said.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/22/tokyo-olympics-organisers-considering-options-to-delay-reports

Although the government panel of medical experts recently suggested that we still need to consider to cancel or postpone large scale events since many group infections occurred in situations where people gather and speak in a close distance with each other in a closed space with poor ventilation, some event organizers forcibly held events this weekend and are harshly criticized now, along with the people took part in their events.  In Japan, the government cannot lawfully prohibit event organizers from holding events in this situation. They can only "ask" the organizers to cancel it by their own cost, and many of these organizers have already lost a large sum of money for canceling events since late February. That is why some of the organizers insist on holding events or procrastinate their decision.

But I don't think SOI organizer can forcibly hold the rest of the tour since the situation is much worse than a few weeks ago especially in North America and Europe. Now, all the travelers from Schengen member states are required to undergo a compulsory 14-day quarantine in some place designated by our government as soon as they arrive in Japan. So Stephane, Deniss, Koshiro, and Shoma should already be in Japan if they are going to take part in SOI Hachinohe. The US government has requested its citizens to postpone international travel and come back to the US. So Davis/White, Chock/Bates, Alysa Liu, and Nathan Chen have to travel at the risk of not being able to go back home until much later if the situation gets worsened. For now, Canadian skaters can travel between their country and Japan but non-Canadian, non-permanent-resident like Yuzu cannot go back to Canada. Also, many of the skaters haven't been able to skate as many of their rinks are closed. So even if most of the cast can gather for the show, they won't be ready to perform.

I guess the organizers of SOI had been waiting for the results of the meeting of the experts I mentioned above. Hope they are preparing to cancel the event now. 

I am sad saying this because I have been in self-imposed semi-quarantine since mid-February while stoically sewing masks etc. hoping things would be a little better in April. I want to sing Bon Jovi or something to disperse this feeling but I can't even go to karaoke...

You see, SOI? Maybe next time invite your own national medalists.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

This person contacted the Kinoshita Group to ask about possible cancellation of the Hachinohe shows and they said they’re considering the situation with the virus and will post an announcement on the website in the next few days.