On website I saw they don't accept Foreign credit card, why ?

How participate in lottery with Lawson when you are a french people?

Are FAO and SOI only for japanese people, or is it possible to buy tickets without japanese friend's help ? I need some help to understand🙏

1 hour ago, Charlène said:

On website I saw they don't accept Foreign credit card, why ?

How participate in lottery with Lawson when you are a french people?

Are FAO and SOI only for japanese people, or is it possible to buy tickets without japanese friend's help ? I need some help to understand🙏

For lottery you have to verify your account by call/SMS with a Japanese phone number so it’s off limits to foreigners. Maybe if they have a general sale through Lawson there’s a chance but Pia is impossible even in a general sale without an account. Hachinohe tickets will only be sold through Pia.

27 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Pour la loterie, vous devez vérifier votre compte par appel / SMS avec un numéro de téléphone japonais afin qu'il soit interdit aux étrangers. Peut-être que s'ils ont une vente générale via Lawson, il y a une chance, mais Pia est impossible même dans une vente générale sans compte. Les billets pour Hachinohe ne seront vendus que par Pia.

Thank you for your answer😘

Sorry to ask probably a dumb question, but can a person living in Japan buy a cellphone for me in order to buy/confirm the tickets?! 
@SparkleSalad I think you wrote somewhere a detailed explanation how foreigners can try to buy tickets through lottery in Japan? I can’t find it 🙈

13 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Sorry to ask probably a dumb question, but can a person living in Japan buy a cellphone for me in order to buy/confirm the tickets?! 
@SparkleSalad I think you wrote somewhere a detailed explanation how foreigners can try to buy tickets through lottery in Japan? I can’t find it 🙈

It’s all changed since I had my luck and everything requires phone verification now. :Poohgaveup: 

These will be paper tickets so you won’t need to deal with all the EMTG nonsense. All you’d need is a Japanese friend to sign up for Pia, Lawson, and any other ticketing sites on your behalf (or possibly just apply for you using their own accounts depending on whether or not names will be on tickets/ID checks) which is much easier. :) 

But, yes, though you won’t need it here, you can get a friend to buy and activate a foreigner SIM with an 070/080/090 number for you for future use as well. The only tricky thing would be the photo verification. Iirc there’s a deadline of when you have to upload your photo once you’ve won a ticket but I can’t recall exactly the timeframe.