What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for 4CC 2020?

Henni147

What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for 4CC 2020?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Yuzuru Hanyu's EX program for 4CC 2020?

• 4CC 2017 flashback: Let's go crazy!
    • 4CC 2017 flashback: Hope and Legacy
    • 4CC 2011 flashback: White Legend, Zigeunerweisen or Vertigo
    • 4CC 2013 flashback: PW 1.0, Notre Dame or Hana ni nare
    • Any other old competition, gala or show program
    • Sex Bomb, Rasputin, Pink Panther or Bon Jovi
    • Stroking Exercises
    • Something else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/2020 at 08:30 AM

@Pika Sorry, I totally missed to start a poll for GPF and JNats, so here we go :xD:

Overview of Yuzu's EX choices this season so far:

SC 2019 (Canada): Parisienne Walkways 2.0

NHK 2019 (Japan): Haru Yo Koi

GPF 2019 (Italy): Notte Stellata

JNats 2019 (Japan): Seimei 2.0

4CC 2020 (South Korea):   ?

My personal guess:

Spoiler

A) If Yuzu doesn't skate well and doesn't win: very emotional short cut version of Hope and Legacy with Biellmann spin.

B) If Yuzu doesn't skate well, but still wins: full bloody 4:30 minutes of Hope and Legacy with 8 YOLO jumps. :13877886:

C) If Yuzu skates well and wins: Let's go crazy with the quad Axel!! :smiley-excited001::smiley-excited001::smiley-excited001:

D) If Yuzu skates well, but doesn't win: I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY WHO LOVES MEEEEE!!! :dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh:

#Footnote: I voted for Bon Jovi. Of course.

6 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Let's go crazy, let's go!! Yuzu pls 

Yes, I want to see crazy Yuzu on the ice again. In my opinion it's the best choreo ever and the program definitely deserves a revival. It just can't be put on file yet.

PS: I'm really curious, if Yuzu still fits into the "purple pants of sin"... :hihi:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, I want to see crazy Yuzu on the ice again. In my opinion it's the best choreo ever and the program definitely deserves a revival. It just can't be put on file yet.

PS: I'm really curious, if Yuzu still fits into the "purple pants of sin"... :hihi:

For science of course..in the interest of research 👍

I'm hoping for either H&L or LGC.. Programs that are a bit more recent but also ones he hasn't brought back yet. 2017 feels like it was so long ago! 

On 1/1/2020 at 4:01 AM, SparkleSalad said:

I think Chopin. 

Is that because the Olympics were in South Korea too? 

I could see that, and Yuzu just did Seimei so maybe he'll be all completionist about bringing his Olympic SP back too..

But I'm hoping he'd do H&L or LGC, because it's been too long since we saw those.

Although I absolutely love his Chopin - the step sequence is one of my favourites ever. So I wouldn't complain if he wanted to do that either.

As long as he stays healthy and gets to do an EX, I'll be overjoyed :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

3 hours ago, glilikoi said:

Is that because the Olympics were in South Korea too? 

I could see that, and Yuzu just did Seimei so maybe he'll be all completionist about bringing his Olympic SP back too..

But I'm hoping he'd do H&L or LGC, because it's been too long since we saw those.

Yup, that’s why I think so.

I personally don’t think H&L works too well as a shortened EX. To me the ebb and flow of the music is so important to the overall impression of the program that cutting any of it makes it feel a bit too disjointed. I also feel like it’s the ultimate example of his philosophy of using jumps as choreography/transitions but it’s impossible to do such a demanding program for an EX. It’s possible he could work out a better cut than he did at Heroes & Future, though.

I think he’ll do LGC and Chopin (though I so desperately wish he’d do SEIMEI once more at WC) for the last two competitions of the year so I wouldn’t be surprised to see either of them showing up at 4CC. LGC seems to be the one everyone is dying to see him bring back. We know he lurks on SNS so hopefully he’s heard our pleas. :D

On 12/31/2019 at 9:01 PM, SparkleSalad said:

I think Chopin. 

I agree, I think it's going to be the Olympics version of Ballade. 

But I voted for Vertigo, because it's high time that boy wore shiny pleather pants and a tight T-shirt on ice again of course for scientific purposes only  and started off a program with sit-twizzles.

More to the point, he could probably  do that program extremely easily now, and considering that 4CC is only a month before World's, maybe he should cut himself a break and pick something a little less taxing as an Ex.

14 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yup, that’s why I think so.

I personally don’t think H&L works too well as a shortened EX. To me the ebb and flow of the music is so important to the overall impression of the program that cutting any of it makes it feel a bit too disjointed. I also feel like it’s the ultimate example of his philosophy of using jumps as choreography/transitions but it’s impossible to do such a demanding program for an EX. It’s possible he could work out a better cut than he did at Heroes & Future, though.

I think he’ll do LGC and Chopin (though I so desperately wish he’d do SEIMEI once more at WC) for the last two competitions of the year so I wouldn’t be surprised to see either of them showing up at 4CC. LGC seems to be the one everyone is dying to see him bring back. We know he lurks on SNS so hopefully he’s heard our pleas. :D

The problem with both LGC and H&L are the music rights though. They basically had to grovel before Hisashi to get to use the H&L music in the first place. And LGC is all tied up in the Prince estate, I'm astounded they were even able to use it once. 

Yuzu asked for permission out of curtesy because he was cutting two different pieces of music together. He performed H&L as an EX already so I don’t see why there’d be a problem.

I know Kevin Reynolds had a sad end to his career when he was denied use of the Ni no Kuni soundtrack but iirc that problem occurred at NHK Trophy only and as it’s music from a video game may have involved a complaint from the game publisher rather than Hisaishi as many skaters have used Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away with no issues. 

As for using LGC, he wouldn’t need to obtain rights for that, either.

Here’s an explanation about the use of music and royalties from Steve Vai whose music Deniss is using for his free skate this season:

axKcxcZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

22 hours ago, glilikoi said:

Although I absolutely love his Chopin - the step sequence is one of my favourites ever. So I wouldn't complain if he wanted to do that either.

As long as he stays healthy and gets to do an EX, I'll be overjoyed :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

As much as I like Ballade No. 1, I really hope for a program that we haven't seen that often yet. Yuzu skated Chopin for three seasons plus FaOI 2017 plus CWW. Other programs deserve some screentime, too. Yuzu has countless other masterpieces in his collection that can't wait to be remastered.