Reflections & Resolutions

makebelieveup

Hey satellites, 2019 is coming to an end really soon. I thought this could be a place for everyone to share about our year, what we did or did not like. It could be yuzu and/or non yuzu related things. Also, what are some of the resolutions you would like to set for yourself in the coming year? What are you hoping for?

---

I feel like 2019 was a very bad year in my real life and for my experience as a figure skating fan. However, it was also very memorable compared to 2018. I experienced many firsts. Even as a fanyu, I feel like I learned to let go of the fear of him losing. I made a lot of stupid decisions but got to learn more about myself. In 2020, I would like to use what I learned from 2019 to make better decisions. I also would like to learn a technical skill since I don't really have one in life. 

Hi! I’m new here and I guess I’ll get the ball rolling :) 

I’ve been figure skating and watching figure skating for a while now so I knew about Yuzu and enjoyed his skating for quite a while now but I only truly became a loyal fan of him this season. He has inspired me so much to be braver, more determined, and kinder. 
I’ve hit a plateau in my skating progress but again, Yuzu inspires me not to give up :8:

I’m hoping for a new year (new decade) filled with progress in my skating and studies and of course for Yuzu to stay happy and healthy always!! 
Hope everyone else here stays happy and healthy too and fulfill all your new year resolutions!!

:dancingpooh:

For 2020, I just want to take example from Yuzu's fire and zeal for achieving his goals and get serious about some of my own. I'm usually the person who makes goals and resolutions and then lets them get derailed in favor of helping other people achieve theirs instead. This has not been conducive to my own success in any way, and I definitely need to become more like Yuzu and just head for my goals steadfastly. 

• 1 month later...

Alas, I'm very, very late to the party, but better late than never hah.

I've never been very good at making resolutions-- never really bothered with them. But I do like that they're a good tool to use to reflect and verbalize some hopes and goals.

2019 was a year of progress for me. But I'm not quite at where I want to be yet. I'd like to be a more functional adult, develop more professionally, be able to support my loved ones and their health and happiness, both financially and emotionally. I'd like to be healthy myself and continue doing what I can in that realm. And hopefully embrace some of Yuzu's unwavering determination and spirit in doing so.

If I can manage to do all of that, along with gaining a few fruitful, enjoyable, consistent hobbies and habits (skating??), I think I'll be really pleased. 

Oh-- and also adopt more of Yuzu's social skills and outward positivity. I'm also quite a private person, but I really admire his ability to confidently express his thoughts, kindness, and playfulness in such a tactful yet authentic and unadulterated way. 

As always, I always get a little too long-winded/ambitious/vague with my attempts at resolutions, but 'ey, I've got a lotta things to work on and a lotta places I want to go.