General Yuzuru Chat

Every time Yuzuru skates it feels like having a glimpse of heaven and then peacefully descending back to Earth. It's as if he lays his soul bare on the ice for us to see. He makes music for the deaf to hear and paints art for the blind to see. With every single skate and program he tells us a chapter of his story and even allows us to become a part of it; and I will gladly wait to hear the whole story until the last chapter, the last paragraph, the very last word. I will steal those small peeks of heaven before it is my time to visit it, I will look at his beautiful soul, I will let his music serenade me and I will admire his art forever. Until the very end and beyond.

9 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Every time Yuzuru skates, it feels like you have a glimpse of paradise and then come back down peacefully to Earth. It's like he's baring his soul on ice so we can see it. He makes music for the deaf to hear and paints art for the blind to see. With each skate and program, it tells us a chapter of its history and even allows us to be part of it; and I will look forward to hearing the whole story until the last chapter, the last paragraph, the very last word. I will steal these little corners of paradise before it is time for me to visit it, I will look at its beautiful soul, I will let its music calm me and I will admire its art forever.

You wrote a real poem which is very moving (and if  Yuzu could read it, he would be HYPER delighted  :shout: ) and your words are touching  :heartpound: : the parable with the deaf and the blind is really  :animated-smileys-character-075: : YES he does wonderfully art 

2 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

You wrote a real poem which is very moving (and if  Yuzu could read it, he would be HYPER delighted  :shout: ) and your words are touching  :heartpound: : the parable with the deaf and the blind is really  :animated-smileys-character-075: : YES he does wonderfully art 

Aaaaahhh thank you very much! I'm glad my words reached your heart. :smiley-ashamed005: I think my life would be complete if Yuzuru somehow read this poem. :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

11 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Aaaaahhh thank you very much! I'm glad my words reached your heart. : smiley-shame005: I think my life would be complete if Yuzuru read this poem somehow. :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

Oh yes my heart was really moved ++++ and purpose of your writing, is I think, that ALL the hearts have the same reaction : snonegai:

Here is what I found, by pure chance : the brand of Japanese whiskey HANYU

https://www.whisky.fr/marque/hanyu.html    the item is in French and you can translate it and prices are ASTRONOMICAL 1 for those who know the € and European home of Hanyu brand   has was founded by Ichiro Akuto's grandfather in 1940 (I will transcribe more easily) / closed in 2000 / destroyed in 2004 and Ichiro with the stock restarted the brewery in 2005 and in the range on page 2, there is has archives and rarity (I understand the prices now) and it is not written, why the name Hanyu ?? 

While Yuzu family name is famous for a long time :peek: 

2 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Here is what I found, by pure chance : the brand of Japanese whiskey HANYU

https://www.whisky.fr/marque/hanyu.html    the item is in French and you can translate it and prices are ASTRONOMICAL 1 for those who know the € and European home of Hanyu brand   has was founded by Ichiro Akuto's grandfather in 1940 (I will transcribe more easily) / closed in 2000 / destroyed in 2004 and Ichiro with the stock restarted the brewery in 2005 and in the range on page 2, there is has archives and rarity (I understand the prices now) and it is not written, why the name Hanyu ?? 

While Yuzu family name is famous for a long time :peek: 

Hanyu here is the Toa Sake Brewery's Hanyu Distillery founded by Ichiro's grandfather in Hanyu, Saitama.
http://www.japanese-whisky.com/brand/ichiros-malt-en/hanyu-en
https://whiskycast.com/ichiro-akuto-japanese-whiskys-rock-star/

Hanyu city introduced by Toa Sake Brewery
https://www.toashuzo.com/hanyu/
Looks like Hanyu city has a beautiful Fuji spot and a festival related to Bishamon...

15 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Hanyu here is the Hanyu Distillery of Toa Sake Brewery founded by Ichiro's grandfather in Hanyu, Saitama.
http://www.japanese-whisky.com/brand/ichiros-malt-en/hanyu-en
https://whiskycast.com/ichiro-akuto-japanese-whiskys-rock-star/

Hanyu Town presented by Toa Sake Brewery
https://www.toashuzo.com/hanyu/
Looks like Hanyu Town has a beautiful Fuji place and Bishamon related festival ...

OK and  :thankssign: for all these articles very interesting and I learn, in fact, that Hanyu is a city (near Saitama, therefore)   and in view of the photos, nice place with the blossoming sakura and wisteria too and I have read the text about Ichiro Akuto and  I guess the barrels he talks about are made of wood? because the amber color of the products inside comes naturally from the wood which is brown and the origin of the cooperage is Gauloise (old little French) YES and its manufacture is complex and here is an article : "how to make a barrel "with a time lapse video

http://lostinwine.net/comment-fait-un-tonneau/    and you can translate the text which gives all the explanations, in view of the video images and I know that it has nothing to do with skating : sorry but it was Hanyu who made me react :shrug: 

3 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

in view of the video images and I know that it has nothing to do with skating : sorry but it was Hanyu who made me react :shrug: 

Yuzu inspires an unquantifiable number of conversations which have nothing to do with skating :P that's the extent of his talent haha.

Dare i say he's the greatest influencer of all time :sipping: and without social media presence! Hahaha, we're all his minions :worship:

When it comes to distilled spirits, there is a shochu called "さるこう. (Sarukou)" さるこう is how we transcribe "Salchow" in Japanese hiragana, so there used to be people who buy and keep it praying that Yuzu would land 4S in competition successfully and they could drink the shochu to celebrate it. However, the name Sarukou actually comes from Sarukawa Izu Sake Brewery named after a Sarukawa river runs across the brewery.

To celebrate Yuzu's great performances in 2021 (+JNats 2020), I created this short video upgrade. I still had the first version saved in my editor, so it was more like a bonus round this time, but no matter how many times I replay these 2 minutes, I'm still in awe of his insane skills :10636614:

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

To celebrate Yuzu's great performances in 2021 (+JNats 2020), I created this short video upgrade. I still had the first version saved in my editor, so it was more like a bonus round this time, but no matter how many times I replay these 2 minutes, I'm still in awe of his insane skills :10636614:

I really don't understand why anyone would think his jumps are regressing? Just look at any competition and you'll see quads that are as effortless as ever, maybe more effortless than ever before. Sure, he doesn't have a consistent 4Lz or 4F, but it still doesn't make sense to say he's regressing, as if he had one in the past and lost it. Meanwhile, his 4T and 4S are more consistent than EVER before, and his 4Lo often looks effortless as well. Logic, none :cursing:

We have a saying in France that goes: "Qui n'avance pas, recule" AKA: Standing still means falling behind.

Yuzuru's overall quality is undeniably getting better. Both his technique and expression are more polished than ever, and whilst that is good and all, it is kinda expected from a veteran. Chiddy, Mao and Carolina are the best example of this. This asset didn't really help them score-wise, however.

With Yuzuru, what pained me most and what I think is going to cost him dearly, is dropping the 4LZ. He's been training it since before Pyeongchang, had to drop it due to injury, got back on it in 2019 and when it surprisingly got consistent... he decided to drop it again after 4cc 2020 with seemingly no plans of practicing it or including it in a competitive program. The jump had so much potential and he spent so much effort on it. His decision is unfathomable and I don't think that working on an already consistent jump while going after his 4A fantasies is an impossible task.

He is aware that the 4A isn't a game changer so I (really) hope he has some other cards under his sleeve...  If his goal is still to win, that is. If he just wants to land the axel and call it a day then nevermind lol :pp Go for it, Yuzuru.