General Yuzuru Chat

@Henni147

True Love

I found a source, but this one is a tweet by a fan, so we cannot call it reliable... This person inquired of CIC (the producer of Art on Ice Japan 2013) about who choreographed collaboration pieces with Fumiya Fujii.

It says, "This may have already been shared, but CIC kindly told me w(=) who choreographed the collaboration pieces with Mr. Fumiya. They said: Big sister Arakawa's: Choreographed by herself. Mura kun's: Choreographed by himself and his father Coach Mura. Nathalie and Fabian's: Not sure because they had already finished choreography before coming to Japan. Yuzu kun and Daisuke san's: Miyamoto sensei. (I knew it!)" 

Story

Kenji says he choreographed this one in his blog, although indirectly.

This is an entry made after the last show of FaOI Fukuoka 2013.

https://ameblo.jp/kenjimiyamoto/entry-11568324210.html

A rough translation:

"AI san

I had the privilege of collaborating with AI san.

Her singing voice was so wonderful that I felt as if it literally came into my heart. It made all kinds of emotion well up in me.

"Story" was a song I used in Great East Japan Earthquake Charity Exhibition. It is a special song for me, and I have a strong feeling about it.

When I heard AI san's singing voice live at the rehearsal, I realized that tears could come out this naturally.

Together with the wonderful, emotional performance by Hanyu kun, it became a beautiful collaboration.

AI san was a very charming, friendly, nice person.

All the skaters came to love her and gathered around her.

Thank you."

Ienai yo

24h TV 2017 (aired on August 26, 2017) is a source. Here is a Yuzu-cut of it. Around the 4:29 mark, they introduce Ienai yo using the footage of Yuzu's performance in FaOI 2014 Makuhari, with a caption which says "振付:パスカーレ・カメレンゴ" which means "choreography: Pasquale Camerlengo."

Apparently, this info has been shared first by Yuzu in FaOI 2014 brochure, though I cannot confirm it because I don't have it on me.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

@Henni147

True Love

I found a source, but this one is a tweet by a fan, so we cannot call it reliable... This person inquired of CIC (the producer of Art on Ice Japan 2013) about who choreographed collaboration pieces with Fumiya Fujii.

It says, "This may have already been shared, but CIC kindly told me w(=) who choreographed the collaboration pieces with Mr. Fumiya. They said: Big sister Arakawa's: Choreographed by herself. Mura kun's: Choreographed by himself and his father Coach Mura. Nathalie and Fabian's: Not sure because they had already finished choreography before coming to Japan. Yuzu kun and Daisuke san's: Miyamoto sensei. (I knew it!)" 

Story

A rough translation:

"AI san

Her singing voice was so wonderful that I felt as if it literally came into my heart. It made all kinds of emotion well up in me.

"Story" was a song I used in Great East Japan Earthquake Charity Exhibition. It is a special song for me, and I have a strong feeling about it.

When I heard AI san's singing voice live at the rehearsal, I realized that tears could come out this naturally.

Together with the wonderful, emotional performance by Hanyu kun, it became a beautiful collaboration.

Thank you."

Ienai yo

24h TV 2017 (aired on August 26, 2017) is a source. Here is a Yuzu-cut of it. Around the 4:29 mark, they introduce Ienai yo using the footage of Yuzu's performance in FaOI 2014 Makuhari, with a caption which says "振付:パスカーレ・カメレンゴ" which means "choreography: Pasquale Camerlengo."

Apparently, this info has been shared first by Yuzu in FaOI 2014 brochure, though I cannot confirm it because I don't have it on me.

:worship:

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Ahhhh, I can't find anything. Only these two blogs. 

http://ginmaku1982.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-272.html

https://tarusatoko.exblog.jp/24510905/

TBH I wouldn't be surprised, if this was simply said by announcer during show.😩

BTW

Nice to be able to read this report. It reminds me of myself reading similar reports at that time. It was a nice ending to Yuzu's show tour that year which started with anxiety over the injury he was suffering during Worlds2013.

The jump contest held the previous week in DOI was also crazy and spectacular. Yuzu, Javi, Kevin Reynolds, Mura, Nobu were all showing off their quads, and everyone was screaming in fear and excitement. I could not see FaOI Fukuoka live, but the 4T-3A-3A-3A-1As beaming on my TL blew away all the negative thoughts.

By the way, has this interview after True Love been translated before?

I watched it for the first time in years, but it was so cute and funny.
Here is a rough transcription and translation:

インタビュアー:藤井フミヤさんのヒット曲、"True Love"、どんな思いを込めながらスケーティングされましたか?

羽生:もう本当に、あのー、まあフミヤさんのだいきょ、代表曲に恥じないような演技をすごい心掛けてましたし、またあのー、すごく自分自身気持ちよく滑れましたし、また何か、そのー、まあラブというものはなかなかないんですけれども(笑)でもそういう思いを込めてしっかり滑りました。

Interviewer: "True Love" is a hit song by Mr. Fumiya Fujii. What kind of thought did you put into your skating?
Yuzu: I really... Um... I tried hard to live up to Fumiya san's masterpiece. (Laughs as he finds himself stuttering) I could skate really comfortably, and ah... Well, "love" is something I rarely stumble across, (Laughs) but I did my best to skate while putting such emotions into my performance.

And he really is doing his best in his performance. I always love the way he can wholeheartedly engage in his performance and believe in what he does :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

5 時間前, Paskudさんが言いました:

Ahhhh, I can't find anything. Only these two blogs. 

http://ginmaku1982.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-272.html

https://tarusatoko.exblog.jp/24510905/

TBH I wouldn't be surprised, if this was simply said by announcer during show.😩

BTW

This is what I found.  

STORY:

Vocal:  AI

Choreographer:  Kenji Miyamoto

https://www.yuzurufan.com/program.html

Addition:

Japanese Wikipedia:

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/羽生結弦

Programs:

2013-2014

12 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Why are they so insistent about this award? Why don't they put their time and energy into something more practical? Or are they being practical here? :scratch2: Anyway, this year, it will be much easier for us because it coincides with DOI. Also, there isn't much time for voting and promoting this time, and we will have Ice Jewels interview until then, we will also have to guess what Yuzu revealed to Kiss and Cry about his private life, we may have to worry about GP assignment as well... In short, we will be too busy to engage with it seriously.

"True Love" is also choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto. "Ienaiyo" is choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo.
Wow, but the wiki is impressive! So detailed and well organized. Thanks, Henni! :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

I never know that Yuzu has worked with Pasquale before!

On 6/9/2021 at 3:03 PM, hananistellata said:

That sounds like a good idea honestly, I would be pretty intrested in seeing a full list of all Yuzu photobooks or magazines that have ever been published, it would also probably make a good shopping list though I doubt that most of these are available to this day... :sad-smiley-046:

You can find a overview about magazines and photobooks in this thread (until January 2019). 

:68271262:

21 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I finally joined the figure skating project group on English Wikipedia and will help to polish and complete all figure skating-related list articles until the Olymics to have a broad coverage of the sport with proper sourcing that is easily accessible for everyone.

I'm very happy that Yuzu has finally made it to the list of the cumulative medal count at the World Championships! This was long overdue. Same goes for Kim Yuna, Carolina Kostner and Virtue/Moir, who were not included in the old version of the article at all despite having won so many medals at Worlds. It's also cool that Shae-Lynn and Victor hold the all-time record of most bronze medals (four) across all disciplines. No one has ever talked about it.

Thank you so much @Henni147

for your great work. :agree:

17 hours ago, sweetwater said:

@Henni147

True Love

I found a source, but this one is a tweet by a fan, so we cannot call it reliable... This person inquired of CIC (the producer of Art on Ice Japan 2013) about who choreographed collaboration pieces with Fumiya Fujii

Story

A rough translation:

"AI san

Thank you."

Ienai yo

15 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

This is what I found.  

STORY:

Vocal:  AI

Choreographer:  Kenji Miyamoto

https://www.yuzurufan.com/program.html

Addition:

Japanese Wikipedia:

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/羽生結弦

Programs:

2013-2014

Thank you very much for your effort! This is highly appreciated! I think, the sources from Kenji's blog and the FaOI broadcast can be used, the rest is tricky. Wikipedia only allows "reliable primary and secondary sources". That includes books, newspapers, magazines (print or online) and TV broadcasts in the first place, with exceptions also blogs or twitter posts from verified accounts, if the author (person, institution or company) is displayed with full name. So fan posts on twitter will probably not do.

I will put this issue on hold for now, because Yuzu's career achievement page is about to be elevated to featured status within the next 24 hours (finally!) and we have to mobilize our last energy reserves to fix the few remaining formatting issues. If it gets the pass, it will be the second figure skating-related list after the "List of Olympic medalists in figure skating" to reach featured list status. Yeey!! Everything for our boy :dancingpooh:

8 hours ago, Anni said:

Vous pouvez trouver un aperçu des magazines et des livres photo dans ce fil (jusqu'en janvier 2019). 

:68271262:

Merci beaucoup @Henni147

pour votre excellent travail. :Je suis d'accord:

Quand j'ai lu la liste des magazines and book on Yuzu ,j 'ai fait :smiley-shocked032: parce que je verrais que les couvertures en fait .... et il y en a , en masse +++++ et , je pense , bien mérité :nod2: car en France voilà le seul magazine qui existe https://www.patinagemagazine.com/fr/products/magazines et que je connais !!!!   et TOUTES et TOUS :thankssign:    pour votre travail TOP que j'apprécie :snpeace: 

How each would react to a leftover donut. 

Ori-chan calls for his younger brother Haru-chan, so sweet.

Spiky-kun gleefully enjoys it with his coffee. 

Oto-chan shares with TenChi-kun and their little friends. 

Meanwhile Haru-chan trades a CD in place of the donut and sneaks away :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

URGENT REQUEST TO ALL FANYUS:

We need a reliable secondary source (newspaper, magazine or online news website ideally) that confirms:

"Yuzuru Hanyu was the first male single skater to be placed first in the world standings for five consecutive seasons."

We linked all seventeen ISU world standing lists that confirm him to be the first, but the review team says, this is not enough. A newspaper agency or magazine must mention this feat somewhere to be notable enough for Wikipedia, otherwise it must be removed from the achievement page.

We need a source as quickly as possible, it's the last thing missing for featured list status.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!!!

Update: Thank you very much @Yuzu_legend!

https://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/2019/10/30/the-inside-edge-yuzuru-hanyu-is-the-greatest-figure-skater-of-all-time/

The source mentiones his 5 consecutive wins, but not that he was the first. If anyone can find a source for the first, that would be even better.

Just now, Yuzu_legend said:

It does state „[...] has reigned at No. 1 in the world standings for the past five seasons.“  So I think it should be fine?

Yes, but the crucial information that we need is that he was the first male single skater to accomplish this feat.

But the problem is solved now:

Thank you very much for your effort everyone! You were so fast!!

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, but the crucial information that we need is that he was the first male single skater to accomplish this feat.

But the problem is solved now:

Thank you very much for your effort everyone! You were so fast!!

It's been solved? I've found this.

https://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/2019/10/30/the-inside-edge-yuzuru-hanyu-is-the-greatest-figure-skater-of-all-time/

ETA: I've realised that the above article does not state that Yuzu is the first male skater to dominate the ranking in 5 consecutive seasons.