General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/25/2021 at 12:04 PM, amylance1215 said:

Just sorta missing THE waist of smolYUZU :puddingpooh:

UA shows off The Waist ™ the best. There should be lots of pretty pics of the waist in the new photobook. :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

14 hours ago, barbara said:

Yuzu in his all black (and sometimes with red or blue down the side) practice gear is my favorite look on him  - though the white polo/black pants from SOI is competition.  When he's practicing and in warm ups, you can see all the lines and all the movements and all the muscles.  It's simple.  Not distracting in any way, other than the practice gear contains Yuzu.  My favorite look.

The first couple of times I watched LGC, I wasn't able to see the program clearly because the PPOS was just too distracting. It wasn't until I found a practice video of Yuzu doing a run-through of LGC in UA that I was finally able to see the program properly. :1:

11 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I just checked and we've done it! Yuzu's LMEY performance has over 1,260,000 views and is now the most popular Sportschau video except for four football (soccer) themed videos! That means it's the 5th most popular video overall now! :cheer:

The most popular video has 3,6 million views. And the two most popular videos are already three years old, while 3rd and 4th place are one year old. LMEY is only 3 weeks old. This means it can realistically become the most popular Sportschau video in a couple of months! :studsmatta:

This is really great :clapclap4:

21 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Here's something UA practice clothes enthusiasts may look forward to  :happy:

There will be a new photobook focusing on Yuzu's practice clothes, to be published in May 2021.  It's called 羽生結弦写真集: The Real (Yuzuru Hanyu Photobook: The Real ) by photographers Noto-san and Taguchi-san.  It's 2860 JPY (in Japan, which includes tax)  at CD Japan, but not yet listed at Amazon.co.jp and will be published/released in mid May 2021.

The description at the Rakuten site, translated into English by Google (so there might be some errors) about the book and the photographers.

"Athletes' "ultimate costumes" practice wear.
Yuzuru Hanyu's "true form" is here.
This book is a collection of photographs that focus on the "practice clothes" of Yuzuru Hanyu, who won back-to-back winter Olympic men's singles titles and leads the figure skating world as the top figure skater in the
world.
Quadruple Axel, a magazine specializing in figure skating, has condensed into a book the "real face" of the absolute champion who has been chasing its growth since 2008.

We carefully selected the practice scenery at the home rink, off-shots at the tournament, portraits of exclusive coverage that can only be seen here, and valuable interview
cuts.
The body trained to the limit, the work that is beautiful to the fingertips, stands out even more only in practice
clothes.

- Benefits: A2 size double-sided pos

About the photographers:

■ Photographer ・ Noto Nao Sunao Noto Born in 1976, born in Miyagi Prefecture.

After graduating from university, he worked as an assistant photographer in a studio before 2005. In 2007, while mainly taking advertising photos with a focus on people, he began photographing figure skating in earnest. His publications include Yuzuru, Yuzuru II, and Light -Be the Light- (all by Seisha). ・Yuji Taguchi
Yukihito Taguchi
Born in Shizuoka Prefecture in 1973.

He aspired to be a sports photographer and studied at Tokyo Polytechnic Junior College and San Francisco University of the Arts. Currently based in Japan and the U.S., he has shot major leagues, basketball, handball, figure skating, etc. MLB Japan opener and WBC official photographer. ・Joe
Kobashi Was
born in Tokyo in 1974.

Under the influence of his father, who was a photographer, he began photography and became a teacher as his last apprentice to Akito Mizutani, a sports photography master. In addition to photographing various genres of sports, mainly skiing and figure skating, he has been involved in the development of Sony's digital SLR camera α9 since 2017."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

:67638860:

[NEWS]

On 4/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, yuzuangel said:

It's... it's correct :emoticonaci2019:

the way an app guessing his age correctly is newsworthy:smiley-laughing021: our expectations are low

On 4/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, Melodie said:

For one, it is not amongst my fav programs of his, even though the spins are to die for. 

Edit: I'm so sorry but I don't like most of the StSq, save for the part after the knee-slide :Poohgaveup:

banned2:

joking

I don't have a particular preference for Yuzu keeping LMEY or getting new piano piece

(I'll cackle to the end of days if he goes Ballade 5.0 tho:roll: it would be funny and worth it just for the utter chaos it would cause:68468287:).

I'm entertained with LMEY and it would be such a crowd pleaser, also, apparently very western-friendly (never a bad idea in oly season), if we look at how the program was generally received in western media (though it didn't translate in higher PCS) :smiley-angry020:)

Also, LMEY would probably offer a greater contrast to TenChi (in terms of outfit too). not that bringign LMEY, TenChi and Hana wa Saku has made certain people eat their words about "lacking versatility" (at this point the only explanation is htat they not only can't see but also can't hear), but I'd also love a new program. But most important, I want Yuzuru to feel comfortable skating to his SP, feel the program is as his as TenChi, and as Ballade and Seimei.

on a more trivial note, I wonder if TenChi colours can fullfill his "blue for OWG" quota, or he'll want to have a more proper blue. Maybe a new piano piece with a new blue costume...I wonder what Itomi would come up with!:cheer:

18 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I just checked and we've done it! Yuzu's LMEY performance has over 1,260,000 views and is now the most popular Sportschau video except for four football (soccer) themed videos! That means it's the 5th most popular video overall now! :cheer:

The most popular video has 3,6 million views. And the two most popular videos are already three years old, while 3rd and 4th place are one year old. LMEY is only 3 weeks old. This means it can realistically become the most popular Sportschau video in a couple of months! :studsmatta:

this is so funny:laughing:

and what makes it funnier it's that it's a german channel, how come they got to upload the most viewed LMEY version?:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

(ISU channel is probably weeping in a corner right now)

18 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I found this old picture - I wonder which event is it from? It's at least ten years old. :)

172322246-1945103315653915-1243688014668

https://www.instagram.com/p/COJLQlAJtmM/?igshid=1eu9o9q1q22xj

I had never seen this!:knc_tracy1:

so, 2011, uh? he didn't have white boot covers back then :P

(also, whoa, SOI costume designers are able to put sparkles on men's costumes, after all!)

I just have to ask @Wyell about this video 

Sooooo, did you think that almost 11 minutes was too long to show the same footage over and over again? Because you would have been WRONG, nothing could ever make this too long! 

As I'm watching it (I don't know, somewhere between a dozen and 2 dozen times by now) I'll get to a point where, "Oh, I've seen enough... wait! This part is really good.... oh, this part too, my favorite... no, THIS is the BEST angle of that choreo move..."

KUDOS, this is just Brilliant! 

And I noticed Yonkaiten Pixel has its own folder here on the Planet :2thumbsup:

19 hours ago, LadyLou said:

and what makes it funnier it's that it's a german channel, how come they got to upload the most viewed LMEY version?:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

(ISU channel is probably weeping in a corner right now)

Interesting bit: At first they only uploaded Nathan's free skate. None of the other winners' performances (which I found pretty disrespectful tbh, but that's another story). Then three days after Worlds, they decided to put Yuzu's SP on their YouTube channel, too.

This week Nathan's video has passed 300 K views.

Yuzu's SP counts 1.27 M views and has just joined the Top 5 of the channel.

I think, this is a statement.

Another stat:

Stockholm LMEY is currently in #18 place of Yuzu's most viewed performance videos on YouTube (not counting deleted ones like Helsinki H&L with +3M views). In other words: there are 17 Yuzu performances with even more views than this one. Let that sink in.

EDIT: And I just hear "Blinding Lights" from mom's room :LOL:

3 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

I just have to ask @Wyell about this video 

Sooooo, did you think that almost 11 minutes was too long to show the same footage over and over again? Because you would have been WRONG, nothing could ever make this too long! 

As I'm watching it (I don't know, somewhere between a dozen and 2 dozen times by now) I'll get to a point where, "Oh, I've seen enough... wait! This part is really good.... oh, this part too, my favorite... no, THIS is the BEST angle of that choreo move..."

KUDOS, this is just Brilliant! 

And I noticed Yonkaiten Pixel has its own folder here on the Planet :2thumbsup:

Thank you. :heartpound:  If they had given us even more footage there would've been a 20-minute cut... 😂

The folder on PH will have additional videos not uploaded on YT due to copyright, too!

50 minutes ago, Wyell said:

Thank you. :heartpound:  If they had given us even more footage there would've been a 20-minute cut... 😂

The folder on PH will have additional videos not uploaded on YT due to copyright, too!

yay, thank you for the heads up! And of course all the vids:smiley-happy093::smiley-happy093:

gonna catch them all!:chase:

24 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

This is the direct link to Yuzu´s thesis or his article. I don´t know which it is. When I first clicked it, I could see the pdf but when I tried to open it, the page crashed. I think the page is currently down, I wonder why :giggle:

[NEWS]

When I clicked the link I thought it would just open but actually it was downloaded :laughing:

It looks like a 7 page article... now if only my Japanese were better... 

34 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

This is the direct link to Yuzu´s thesis or his article. I don´t know which it is. When I first clicked it, I could see the pdf but when I tried to open it, the page crashed. I think the page is currently down, I wonder why :giggle:

[NEWS]

He even listed the PC he used to write his thesis :xD:

17 minutes ago, Noelle said:

When I clicked the link I thought it would just open but actually it was downloaded :laughing:

It looks like a 7 page article... now if only my Japanese were better... 

Thank you! I changed the browser and could download it too. Although I don´t know why I did it since I don´t understand anything. At least there are some pictures...