Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

 

Argh. When she even said at the  at the time that the song was one she always wanted to do. granted, the first costume was not her cup of tea but she at least gave it a go. 

 

Anyone would think there was something inherently wrong and bad about becoming a little Canadian, the way people go on. And do these 'fans' not read any of Orser's interviews? He always makes it 100% crystal clear that he and his team respect and support their skaters' choices. Orser is the kind of coach that enables a skater become fully themselves on the ice, as opposed to dictating every single thing and stamping out carbon-copy athletes with no sense of their own identity. 

 

 

Ha. I heard the same kind of crap from American coaches when Jason moved to TCC. It was hilarious because they were saying "they're sucking out all creativity out of poor Jason Brown" about his SP that was choreographed by... Rohene Ward :rolleyes: So just the typical nationalistic bs. If it's not made in 'MURICA (or Russia, in Zhenya's case) it's automatically inferior :rolleyes: Even though in this case it was. But it wouldn't be 'MURICA without people who are proud of their own ignorance, after all.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

 

Argh. When she even said at the  at the time that the song was one she always wanted to do. granted, the first costume was not her cup of tea but she at least gave it a go. 

 

Anyone would think there was something inherently wrong and bad about becoming a little Canadian, the way people go on. And do these 'fans' not read any of Orser's interviews? He always makes it 100% crystal clear that he and his team respect and support their skaters' choices. Orser is the kind of coach that enables a skater become fully themselves on the ice, as opposed to dictating every single thing and stamping out carbon-copy athletes with no sense of their own identity. 

 

 

I, for one, would love to become a little Canadian.  Did anyone say something similar about Javi?  Or Jun? Brian is a coach, not a dictator.  He respects his skaters and allows them the freedom to make their own choices (which, when I think about it, is kind of Canadian).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guitarist said:

Ha. I heard the same kind of crap from American coaches when Jason moved to TCC. It was hilarious because they were saying "they're sucking out all creativity out of poor Jason Brown" about his SP that was choreographed by... Rohene Ward :rolleyes: So just the typical nationalistic bs. If it's not made in 'MURICA (or Russia, in Zhenya's case) it's automatically inferior :rolleyes: Even though in this case it was. But it wouldn't be 'MURICA without people who are proud of their own ignorance, after all.

 

And here I was, about to say 'at least people aren't complaining that Jason is turning too Canadian ' - LOL! 

Poor Brian. It must absolutely suck to be the kind of coach that he is, and have people slandering him this way all the time. 

 

Anyway, for the record: multiculturalism is one of Canada's strongest values as a country. We're literally built on the idea that anyone can come here, keep their originating culture, and still make a happy life for themselves here. It's literally un-Canadian for a Canadian coach to try and turn a foreign skater training here away from expressing their own culture. Like, we just don't think that way. :heavybreathing:

Link to post
Share on other sites

This will surely be reported later, but Mishin was super complimentary towards Yuzu in an interview, saying that he awes people as a skater and as a personality. He mentioned his courtesy, his devotion to the sport, his introspective skating which can in its best forms grip people, his out-of this world divine figure which is ideal for jumps, but his jumps isn’t the only reason why he is popular, it’s down to his personality, which makes him godlike. 
He called him “Uzuri Hanyu” though. LOL

Adding up: “People ask what he is interested in. But he isn’t interested in anything earthly. He skates and lives in another dimension. Even his build is heavenly, he is incredibly slender, those arms and legs...”””

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Fay said:

This will surely be reported later, but Mishin was super complimentary towards Yuzu in an interview, saying that he awes people as a skater and as a personality. He mentioned his courtesy, his devotion to the sport, his introspective skating which can in its best forms grip people, his out-of this world divine figure which is ideal for jumps, but his jumps isn’t the only reason why he is popular, it’s down to his personality, which makes him godlike. 
He called his “Uzuri Hanyu” though. LOL

Adding up: “People ask what he is interested in. But he isn’t interested in anything earthly. He skates and lives in another dimension. Even his build is heavenly, he is incredibly slender, those arms and legs...”””

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

Any ideal where i can see or read this Mishin's interview (English translation) about Yuzu ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LAY said:

Any ideal where i can see or read this Mishin's interview (English translation) about Yuzu ?

The interview is just freshly out, Mishin speaks at around 16.15 about Yuzu here. No doubt it will be translated, but unfortunately it won’t be me. Gotta work. Work sucks. 

 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently, Youtube suggested me a Kyudo video. Of course after clicking on it I fell down the rabbithole of many many Kyudo videos popping up on my recomended.

 

Now I can't help but imagine Yuzuru as an athlete of Kyudo. This isn't anything particulary new with the amount of fanart we've seen of Yuzuru with bows and arows, it is in his name afterall. But still, I think Yuzuru would look good practising Kyudo.

 

;3

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I can't see how they can hold WTT. It's insane to hold that event with an audience during these conditions.

 

 

 

 

I guess we will know soon. Next ISU meeting is scheduled for April 8. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

[NEWS]

 

 

 

Thank you @Fay for sharing the interview from Mishin :agree:

 

 

@Henni147

Thank you so much for your effort. I'm new in the FS fandom and really grateful for all the explanations /statistics about score, jumps etc. 

:clapclap4:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...