Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hananistellata said:

Oh God, this is my first Olympic season and I'm already irritated because of Worlds articles.

 

I'm gonna suffer aren't I. :facepalm:

I just repeat Notte Stellata on loop to heal my soul, so I don't become enraged :laughing:

Link to post
18 minutes ago, shanshani said:

counter gate keep them by quizzing them on figure skating minutiae you have memorized. "What's the BV of a 3F? How many GOE marks are supposed to be taken off for a q call? name the steps and turns that the ISU considers "difficult" for the purposes of step sequence leveling, and describe what each of them involves."

That sounds really good strategy to annoy those gatekeeping "real fans". The more I think about it the more hilarious it gets. :smiley-laughing021:

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Kat said:

I usually get flustered and come off as an idiot. 😂. I always seem to find the worst gate keepers.😂😂😂. I tend to do my best to stay quiet or deflect. Some I've encountered only get really nasty if I say Yuzuru's name, so I just try not to go there. The fight isnt worth it. I just want to enjoy what I like w/o being shamed.

Oh wow, is gatekeeping really that bad and common occuring in irl competitions? I'm kinda scared now, lol.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Oh wow, is gatekeeping really that bad and common occuring in irl competitions? I'm kinda scared now, lol.

Depends. I have terrible luck, but yeah, some people can get very nasty.

 

Fans are fans. Whether you like Nathan, Yuzuru, Shoma, Jason, ect. Some good. Some gatekeeping trolls...it just depends. My experience irl has not been positive. I have not met a fanyu-or even a casual Yuzuru fan in person. Anyone who is, I was the one to show them Yuzuru. 

 

Case and point, the FS last Sat. My few irl friends dont like Yuzuru, so it was brutal 😂. You wont know how the reception will be until you start talking though, and others here have had very pleasant experiences. 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Kat said:

Depends. I have terrible luck, but yeah, some people can get very nasty.

 

Fans are fans. Whether you like Nathan, Yuzuru, Shoma, Jason, ect. Some good. Some gatekeeping trolls...it just depends. My experience irl has not been positive. I have not met a fanyu-or even a casual Yuzuru fan in person. Anyone who is, I was the one to show them Yuzuru. 

 

Case and point, the FS last Sat. My few irl friends dont like Yuzuru, so it was brutal 😂. You wont know how the reception will be until you start talking though, and others here have had very pleasant experiences. 

Ah, I see.

 

Honestly I don't know how anyone can hate Yuzuru, poor man hasn't even hurt a fly. :laughing:

Link to post
12 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Oh God, this is my first Olympic season and I'm already irritated because of Worlds articles.

 

I'm gonna suffer aren't I. :facepalm:

I just don't read any of the articles. But it is super hard to watch Olympics in the US on NBC! I about lost my mind last Olympics! So much Nathan will definitely win and how Yuzuru can't do it.  That was my first Olympics as a fan. Really happy ending though!

Link to post
3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Ah, I see.

 

Honestly I don't know how anyone can hate Yuzuru, poor man hasn't even hurt a fly. :laughing:

He does more than just "not hurt" a fly.  Yuzu has done an amazing amount of work and dedicated royalties from books, etc., and sales of his stuff to the reconstruction from the earthquake of 3/11.  He donates enormously in both time and money. He is generous and a bright light.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Ah, I see.

 

Honestly I don't know how anyone can hate Yuzuru, poor man hasn't even hurt a fly. :laughing:

He breathes and some people get upset it seems. I think some comes down to jealousy. Certain skaters accomplished little and now are bitter and like to snipe.

 

Some people cant see beyond how he was in his younger years. They see his growth to today, and dismiss it and feel his points are undeserved. I remember there was even a time some felt the scores for him were inflated because judges were clearly showing favoritism to an Olympic champion. 

 

Some people just hate his personality and like to call him a brat, show off, or fake. 🤦🤷

 

But yeah. I dont see it either really. 😂. Haters will find any excuse to justify themselves.

Link to post
Just now, barbara said:

He does more than just "not hurt" a fly.  Yuzu has done an amazing amount of work and dedicated royalties form books, etc., and sales of his stuff to the reconstruction from the earthquake of 3/11.  He donates enormously in both time and money. He is generous and a bright light.

Yes, yes, I know, Yuzuru is generally such a kind hearted person so it's quite hard to understand why some people hate his guts so much. 😅

Link to post
9 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Yes, yes, I know, Yuzuru is generally such a kind hearted person so it's quite hard to understand why some people hate his guts so much. 😅


Honestly sometimes I just think these people wanna be contrarians for no reason! 🥲 Like... please we get it people you’re either not in the mood to talk about him or in dire need of attention, that’s fine, you don’t need to drag Yuzuru into imaginary bad skating plots for this 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Melodie said:

I just came across this one

 

 

Btw, the instagram post in question was 3 yrs ago, but it doesn't change the fact that his elegance and balletic movements are well recognised by professionals. They are in his blood, like his musicality, kindness and utmost dedication to everything he does :8430721:

I've been a ballerina for 12 years and I just wanna know how could anyone who understand a bit about this form of art have the audacity to say something like this? Yuzuru is one of the very few men that I've seen really incorporate ballet elements in his programs, like what are you talking about sis?  :yuzususpect:

Link to post
8 hours ago, barbara said:

Not done- I don't think they've ever changed the location of the games, but for the 1980 Olympics in Moscow, The US did boycott and didn't sent a team.

I don't the USA is gonna do something like this, with Nathan being the biggest rival Yuzuru have right now and Yuzu's high chance of being the first man to win 3 gold medals back to back at the Olympic in like 100 years if they do this it would be like a self boycott though 

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I try to click on the hashtag and... A whole bunch of kitty butt wiggle showing up. Sasuga LMEY :LOL:

 

 

 

Just posted my cat too, she is the pregnant one with a gold medal around her neck. 😂

Link to post
2 hours ago, Kat said:

Even outside of competitions. If you say you like Figure Skating and follow up with Yuzuru as your favorite skater...be prepared for blow back, gate keeping, and elitism.

 

"You're not a REAL fan." Level sniping.

I usually just preface it for them. "I'm only a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu, really. I don't really enjoy watching skating otherwise."

 

I used to enjoy it? But it's the truth now.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...