General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I love it. It just screams snarky Musubimaru*  energy.

*Musubimaru is the samurai onegiri mascot of Visit Miyagi** twitter.

**Sendai is in Miyagi***.

***Am I being ponderously pedantic just for fun? Yes****.

****My sense of humour may not tickle everyone's funnybone. Oh well.  

I love Musibinaru.  The other name for our delicious rice ball is "O-Musubi", which means something that is tied (like string), versus "O-Nigiri", which means something that is tightly held/ squeezed.   So we could also call Musubimaru, the "O-Musubi" mascot of Miyagi.   Which is redundant, I know, but this is all in the spirit of Musibimaru Humour.   

On a more artsy mode, found this beautiful rendition of Yuzu with reference to Uesugi Kenshin as the Dragon of Echigo.  In the background, the artist has written the words of Lord Kenshin in gold letters.  Translation below by me. 

運は天にあり、鎧は胸にあり、手柄は足にあり、
何時も敵を我が掌中に入れて合戦すべし。
死なんと戦えば生き、
生きんと戦えば必ず死するものなり。
運は一定にあらず、時の次第と思うは間違いなり。
武士なれば、わが進むべき道はこれほかなしと、
自らに運を定めるべし。
上杉謙信

Fortune is in heaven, armor on the chest, and victory with your feet,
Always keep your enemies in the palm of your hand as you fight.
When you fight without thought of death, you will live.
When you fight to stay alive, you will surely die.
Fortune is not constant, and it would be a mistake to think it depends on time.
As a warrior, there is no other pathway but this: 
Seize the fortune with your own hands. 

- Uesugi Kenshin 

The opening movement of "Ten to Chi to" evokes the armour (yoroi) on the chest - being held in one hand - as he kicks forward with his feet toward the battle.  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
16 minutes ago, slzlapelsk said:

This tweet was recommended to me by twitter algorithm. Does anyone know what is happening? 

I would suggest that we leave it alone and not take it up on this Forum as this is ugly.  

Spoiler

This is part of series of allegations of power/sexual harrassment by Hashimoto Seiko, former Minister of Olympics and now head of JOC replacing Mori.   The allegation is that she has a habit of pushing people to hug each other against their will, and not only when drunk.  In this post-Sochi Olympic celebration where Yuzu is present, she pushed Mao Asada to hug PM Abe, and both parties were quite reluctant but she kept insisting with so much persistence that in the end, they did hug.  Poor Mao - I am sure she would not want this embarassing moment to be dug up again!   Yuzu also gets a quick hug from Abe in the process, but he is not the main focus of this video expose.

9 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I would suggest that we leave it alone and not take it up on this Forum as this is ugly.  

Reveal hidden contents

This is part of series of allegations of power/sexual harrassment by Hashimoto Seiko, former Minister of Olympics and now head of JOC replacing Mori.   The allegation is that she has a habit of pushing people to hug each other against their will, and not only when drunk.  In this post-Sochi Olympic celebration where Yuzu is present, she pushed Mao Asada to hug PM Abe, and both parties were quite reluctant but she kept insisting with so much persistence that in the end, they did hug.  Poor Mao - I am sure she would not want this embarassing moment to be dug up again!   Yuzu also gets a quick hug from Abe in the process, but he is not the main focus of this video expose.

Thanks for the translation and explanation,  it will keep us from falling into a negative discussion  indeed. 

10 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you so much for explaining to me. I'm new to Fanyu twt and even here on PH after months of only watching Yuzu on YT. I didn't know something like that was happening and I didn't know anyone I could ask about it.