10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

A figure skating program has basically three components that are all energy consuming to some extent:

1. Jumping (and spinning)
  2. Raw skating
  3. Performing

I can be competely wrong here, but my personal impression is:

Nathan's general energy distribution is roughly like: 70% jumping - 15% skating - 15% performing.

While Yuzu's distribution in Origin was like: 40% jumping - 20% skating - 40% performing.

In H&E the (physical) distribution has changed: 60% jumping - 25% skating - 15% performing.

This is extremely interesting! How a clear mind can make things, well, clear and readable.

I really don't know what amount of energy Nathan Chen puts in what he does perform at great championships, but it occurred to me that his skating, for the same steps, was more energy-consuming than Yuzuru Hanyu's or Jason Brown's or others; and above all, more focus-consuming because they are not fully internalised yet, it's really a pity he projects to r..re after Beijing. Many thanks to Brian Orser, to Tracy Wilson and to his previous coaches, and to his accepting their advice : he now can do extremely tricky steps with a wonderful flow for a minimal energy and probably a reasonable focus (I'm sure he has at least two "thinking streams" going on when he's skating). Yet they remain exhausting, as his choice is to have such full programs, and I think you are right also in suggesting he must have calculated all the pace of this program, to allow him to have the best jumps, while being even more meaningful than his previous ones; which may not have been a primary focus in other programs, particularly in Origin. And his performing is so wonderful in H&E, I thought maybe the best, but you must be right too in guessing it must be less energy-consuming than in Origin. I think too, his most exhausting (and enthralling) skating part was for LGC, which was at the same time so high in jumps, I am still incredulous every time I rewatch it.

As to Notte Stellata, I hadn't thought about its consuming of energy, but I had for Haru yo, Koi! (thank you for having put it online without clapping) and while most often I just watch the poetry of this cherry blossom going by the wind, I also watch it sometimes more for the speed, the steps, the accelerations, etc and it is just as astounding. That's a sign of genius after all : you watch a masterpiece and you can dissect it as much as you want, when you watch it again it is fresh as new.

I confess I feel a bit awkward with the expression "first pancake". Nationals H&E is much better than that.

And, as to his skipping Lutzes and Flips, I feel more "prosaic" and tend to think he simply avoids the steps which recovery need more physiotherapy, because at the moment, he cannot access physiotherapy. As to know if he can have some before Worlds, I really don't (if there are Worlds). As you all say, he didn't need them to win here, so why endangering his health and a clean skate?

21 時間前, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

will it be on youtube?

Here it is.  Thank you for the uploader.

It was a news clip length though :8122879:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
34 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I confess I feel a bit awkward with the expression "first pancake". Nationals H&E is much better than that.

Yup, I agree. LMEY and H&E were both skated too well to be labeled as "first pancakes".

The fact that people see them as potential Oly winners after one competition already (especially H&E), speaks volumes about their quality.

10 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yup, I agree. LMEY and H&E were both skated too well to be labeled as "first pancakes".

The fact that people see them as potential Oly winners already (especially H&E), speaks volumes about their quality.

Hey, sometimes pancakes turn out like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcxS_p_ympCf-U2OHrUY-

...and sometimes they turn out like this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEUXCsdqTvLMnk_oHUa7p

Yuzu just made a stack of near-perfect "first pancakes" this season.

As regards the content of H&E: on first watch, I also thought that Yuzu wasn't doing as much in the program as we're used to seeing him do. I don't want to use the term 'empty' , but there is definitely space in it. Breathing room. 

After reading what others have said about this and reflecting on it, I think the reason why it looks kind of sparse might be because, for the last umpteen seasons, Yuzu has been using programs that are absolutely packed to the brim with SO MUCH stuff that they're literally breathless. Origin had him doing something literally every beat of the music. 4CC Seimei was a jam-packed 4min 30sec program condensed down to an even more dense 4min. Even H&L is full. 

Yuzu hasn't done a free skate program with breathing room in it for a long, long time. It doesn't mean the program is lacking in any way. It just means there's space in it. 

27 minutes ago, river said:

Hey, sometimes pancakes turn out like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcxS_p_ympCf-U2OHrUY-

...and sometimes they turn out like this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEUXCsdqTvLMnk_oHUa7p

Yuzu just made a stack of near-perfect "first pancakes" this season.

And now I'm  hungry. 

23 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As regards the content of H&E: on first watch, I also thought that Yuzu wasn't doing as much in the program as we're used to seeing him do. I don't want to use the term 'empty' , but there is definitely space in it. Breathing room. 

After reading what others have said about this and reflecting on it, I think the reason why it looks kind of sparse might be because, for the last umpteen seasons, Yuzu has been using programs that are absolutely packed to the brim with SO MUCH stuff that they're literally breathless. Origin had him doing something literally every beat of the music. 4CC Seimei was a jam-packed 4min 30sec program condensed down to an even more dense 4min. Even H&L is full. 

Yuzu hasn't done a free skate program with breathing room in it for a long, long time. It doesn't mean the program is lacking in any way. It just means there's space in it. 

I think that it's a good thing. It will result in cleaner jumps and more competitive performances. He doesn't get rewarded for doing extra anyway.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

I wonder if I watched different performances than you.:huh:

I am the first one to admit I still have problems naming steps and counting spin especially without slow-mo, but I too wonder if I had imagined all the content in Zuzu’s Tentochito (and LMEY, but this program seems to have better acceptance and appreciation).

48 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I am the first one to admit I still have problems naming steps and counting spin especially without slow-mo, but I too wonder if I had imagined all the content in Zuzu’s Tentochito (and LMEY, but this program seems to have better acceptance and appreciation).

To be clear: I do believe that the quantity of advanced transitions was a bit higher in Origin. He literally had three full sequences in that program, receiving 0 points for the second one (which started after the 4T+1Eu+3F).

However, I think the precision and quality of his edges, steps, turns and one-foot skating levels Origin already (maybe not the SC performance and the COR StSq was very strong, too, but pretty much every other version). And I strongly believe that H&E will surpass SC Origin in SS and TR quality after 2-3 more competitions, maybe in the next one already.

EDIT:

About LMEY: everything after the 3A is gold. The first half, for me, feels less polished than H&E at this point (in terms of SS and TR). However, if I think of LGC at ACI 2016, LMEY is far ahead.

And we must not forget: both programs, LMEY and H&E, will probably undergo a Tracy-monitoring, sooner or later.

32 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

To be clear: I do believe that the quantity of advanced transitions was a bit higher in Origin. He literally had three full sequences in that program, receiving 0 points for the second one (which started after the 4T+1Eu+3F).

However, I think the precision and quality of his edges, steps, turns and one-foot skating levels Origin already (maybe not the SC performance and the COR StSq was very strong, too, but pretty much every other version). And I strongly believe that H&E will surpass SC Origin in SS and TR quality after 2-3 more competitions, maybe in the next one already.

I do not have the time and energy to make direct comparison between Origin and Tentochito in terms of actual steps done between components, etc., etc.. 

But this is what I understand: Tentochito is a profoundly different program from Origin, and as Yuzuru Hanyu's programs, that means they require different kinds of component composition.

I dislike the Russian girls' transitions-flooded programs that do not make good compositions because those numerous transitions often do not fit the music at all, they are included (other than bcz the choreographer just doesn't have taste) mostly because that is the only way to show what (little) skating skills those girls have. Yuzuru's programs have always managed to strike a good balance between showing off his skating skills, without drowning the program with unnecessary transitions.

You said it yourself that one of the sequences in Origin is of 0 value competition wise. Zuzu included it in anyway bcz Origin the program requires it. Tentochito does not. Perhaps you and other fans who are still unsatisfied or expecting more in Tentochito do have an idea of what and where he could include more, but I don't. I admit I don't have any choreographing skills whatsoever. But as I see it, perhaps he could (and probably would) add one or two small clusters of steps here and there, but adding another full sequence to Tentochito would only bogged down the program. Unnecessarily.

17 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

perhaps he could (and probably would) add one or two small clusters of steps here and there, but adding another full sequence to Tentochito would only bogged down the program. Unnecessarily.

100% agree with this. I am totally satisfied with the H&E choreo as it is. It fits the music an doesn't need more.

What I'm talking about is the polishment and fine-tuning of his skating. The part that casual viewers mostly don't recognize. And I'm confident that Yuzu will do this until the next competitions.

I also agree that the Russian girls have transition-overkill in their programs, primarily for the sake of points, less for choreographic purposes, which is regrettable.

For me, personally, it's better to have one excellently executed rocker or bracket in the sequence that perfectly matches the music than having 5 with sloppy quality and random usage.