General Yuzuru Chat

32 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

So, @Pamigena over on twitter, make this awesome accidental, but then on-purpose, effect filter of Zuzu's costumes:

I, of course, couldn't help but fall in love with all of them. I asked permission to use the Tentochito one for a custom phone case, and here it is under spoiler.
Forgive my showing off:space:

Hide contents

ErNNgmTWMAAWDHB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I used to have a H&L phone case for my old OnePlus X, and have been waiting for a good design for my Pixel 3a. I am so happy!

pretty:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

12 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Has this been shared? Two male fanyus gushing over Yuzu's new programs (Yuzu's part from 16:18~21:40):

I like Jesse, who is obviously holding a Hanyu flag throughout his videos. I enjoy his passion and gushing over Yuzu. here I dont necessarily agree with most of what he said about the rus nats event but im not going to get into that. but regarding what he said about Yuzu here, i also dont agree with. I dont like the assumption that Yuzu is doing less skating skills because he isnt getting rewarded for it and that Nathan isnt doing either and got rewarded. (the youtubers probably meant choreo/transitions) this is just not the essence of his skating at all. He would never want to win that way (and he would never get rewarded that way either). I think TenChi was a good program where he has a lot more breathing room than origin. It was a big jump and because it was preceded by Origin, the contrast was even more glaring. But I think the program itself isnt empty not even by his standards and def not empty by the rest standards. Some might be seeing jam packed nonsensical transitions from danil's choreo and see that as the standard. No that is not the standard and should not. The standard should always be a balanced program with intentional and valuable transitions and choreo, which have been found throughout all of Yuzu's programs. With TenChi I'd say its not its final craft but nowhere near lacking either. In fact, it is one of his most, if not his most complete first pancake. He was not doing ten thousand choreos or movements because that isnt how the music should be interpreted. Having more breathing room and where he planted each jump are all part of a good composition to match the music.  I think without following Yuzu and understanding he will never be complacent with his own craft, ppl may easily think this is a "watered down" program. Saying Yuzu is doing exactly what Nathan is doing now even if I know Jesse meant well and in favor of yuzu is still just plain wrong..Really? 

10 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I appreciate this description by the OP: "Even at the moment of landing his jump, his expression remains in character as though Lord Kenshin had possessed him, with his eyes brimming with sorrow.  He doesn't go off character and say, 'Yahooy, I did the jump!' - that is genuine concentration!"

My absolute favorite was the landing on the 4t eu 3sal. How the heck was he able to keep the flow going with his next move to the nano second after landing it to meet the music?

17 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu is such an inspiration! :softYuzu:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

More on Shibuya "Ai" screen (Jan 9 in Japan), from health care professionals responding to Yuzu's message.  It keeps coming...

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
14 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I like Jesse, who is obviously holding a Hanyu flag throughout his videos. I enjoy his passion and gushing over Yuzu. here I dont necessarily agree with most of what he said about the rus nats event but im not going to get into that. but regarding what he said about Yuzu here, i also dont agree with. I dont like the assumption that Yuzu is doing less skating skills because he isnt getting rewarded for it and that Nathan isnt doing either and got rewarded. (the youtubers probably meant choreo/transitions) this is just not the essence of his skating at all. He would never want to win that way (and he would never get rewarded that way either). I think TenChi was a good program where he has a lot more breathing room than origin. It was a big jump and because it was preceded by Origin, the contrast was even more glaring. But I think the program itself isnt empty not even by his standards and def not empty by the rest standards. Some might be seeing jam packed nonsensical transitions from danil's choreo and see that as the standard. No that is not the standard and should not. The standard should always be a balanced program with intentional and valuable transitions and choreo, which have been found throughout all of Yuzu's programs. With TenChi I'd say its not its final craft but nowhere near lacking either. In fact, it is one of his most, if not his most complete first pancake. He was not doing ten thousand choreos or movements because that isnt how the music should be interpreted. Having more breathing room and where he planted each jump are all part of a good composition to match the music.  I think without following Yuzu and understanding he will never be complacent with his own craft, ppl may easily think this is a "watered down" program. Saying Yuzu is doing exactly what Nathan is doing now even if I know Jesse meant well and in favor of yuzu is still just plain wrong..Really? 

I don’t get it either. I don’t think there is a lack of transitions, given how few crossovers he used. It is more complex and filled than Origin IMO. Maybe its pacing gives Jesse that illusion? IMO the jump contents was the watered down, not the TR or SS, but all of these will be improved and upgraded from where they are now.

PS: can someone make a video analyzing the technical aspect of Ten to Chi to?, like steps, turns, TR, etc.

14 時間前, makebelieveupさんが言いました:

19 分, Melodieさんが言いました:

I don’t get it either. I don’t think there is a lack of transitions, given how few crossovers he used. It is more complex and filled than Origin IMO. Maybe its pacing gives Jesse that illusion? IMO the jump contents was the watered down, not the TR or SS, but all of these will be improved and upgraded from where they are now.

PS: can someone make a video analyzing the technical aspect of Ten to Chi to?, like steps, turns, TR, etc.

Maybe it is because TenChi has fewer catchy poses than Seimei and Origin. The music is more nuanced at the end too. When I first watched it, I expected a Seimei-like climactic music ending and was surprised. However, the more I watch it, the more I love it as I can pick up more nuances in the choreography.

Besides, we are comparing a first pancake to the programs that he has skated and refined for multiple times. I am excited to see the evolution of TenChi in the future.