1 hour ago, Melodie said:

OK, something was bothering me so much I couldn't focus on work. I turned to Yuzu's free skate instead (big mistake, it sucked away my attention even more but whatever :sadPooh:). Anyway, so I tried to count his crossovers. I may have found less than 18 of them (don't quote me on this, since H&E was so mesmerizing I kept forgeting to count LOL). If I am more or less correct then H&E has less crossovers than Origin and Seimei. Hell, it may even have less crossovers than some other skaters' SPs. Yuzu really is insane. 

I said don't quote me on it, since I didn't count :laughing: But thanks for actually counting (unlike me). Either way, regardless of how few crossovers there are in his programs, they'll just prove his superiority in skating skills. What an insane legend.

28 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

I said don't quote me on it, since I didn't count :laughing: But thanks for actually counting (unlike me). Either way, regardless of how few crossovers there are in his programs, they'll just prove his superiority in skating skills. What an insane legend.

I know, I also said don't quote me on it but because I did count but kept being distracted :rofl3:Anyway, totally agree with you :grin:

No wonder when i first watched fs I felt that Yuzuru's performances feel lighter compared to the others-- As if he floats on ice. It's his number of crossovers!! And his one-footed travelling on ice.:angrypooh:

Having less contact with the ice makes him look as if he's a feather. He soars on ice. 

Btw thanks for counting!!!

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I mean, how much of a wedgie do you want to give Yuzu?

I wasn't the one who first suggested it... @Umebachi was opining that he'd have more mobility in a tighter but stretchier and shinier pair ... and my brain just went there after the fact. :roll:

@citrusjunos The videos you posted are so interesting (Chopin 3.0 is just :eek: in terms of complexity). I got them downloaded a long time ago because they are a good source to learn about FS (and to sometimes marvel at how amazing Yuzu is).

I don't think that account has done any other comparison videos like those since Origin 1.0. It'll be interesting to see how Otonal (1.0 and 2.0), Origin 2.0, Let me entertain you, and Heaven and Earth stack up against other top skaters' programs. 

6 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

No wonder when i first watched fs I felt that Yuzuru's performances feel lighter compared to the others-- As if he floats on ice. It's his number of crossovers!! And his one-footed travelling on ice.:angrypooh:

Having less contact with the ice makes him look as if he's a feather. He soars on ice. 

Btw thanks for counting!!!

Olympic Yuzu meme 2022:

Now that I spend more time flying in the air than gliding on the ice, the ice conditions are actually less of an issue than gravity and aerodynamic drag.

PS: My apologies to Ice-chan that we have less contact nowadays.

10 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Olympic Yuzu meme 2022:

Now that I spend more time flying in the air than gliding on the ice, the ice conditions are actually less of an issue than gravity and aerodynamic drag.

PS: My apologies to Ice-chan that we have less contact nowadays.

never mind. He regains the ice's contact by kissing it during haru yo koi:pouty:

Still feeling like I'm in the dream of his FS, Ten to Chi to :girlsigh: 

As I came to know that he used the opening music of Shin Heike Monogatari (New Tale of the Heike) too, I'm now thinking of the famous opening verse of the epics "The Tale of the Heike."  Yuzuru can easily put me in some kind of poetic mood and give me a chance to be thoughtful (for some time  :P ).

祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響き有り。 沙羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰の理を顯す。 驕れる者も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢の如し。 猛き者も遂には滅びぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Gionshōja no kane no koe, Shogyōmujō no hibiki ari. Sarasōju no hana no iro, Jōshahissui no kotowari wo arawasu. Ogoreru mono mo hisashikarazu, tada haru no yo no yume no gotoshi. Takeki mono mo tsui ni wa horobin(u), hitoeni kaze no mae no chiri ni onaji.

The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.

-- Chapter 1.1, Helen Craig McCullough's translation

This was chanted accompanied by the play of Biwa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUVT8sas6g

6 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

As I came to know that he used the opening music of Shin Heike Monogatari (New Tale of the Heike) too, I'm now thinking of the famous opening verse of the epics "The Tale of the Heike."  Yuzuru can easily put me in some kind of poetic mood and give me a chance to be thoughtful (for some time  :P ).

祇園精舎の鐘の聲、諸行無常の響き有り。 沙羅雙樹の花の色、盛者必衰の理を顯す。 驕れる者も久しからず、唯春の夜の夢の如し。 猛き者も遂には滅びぬ、偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Gionshōja no kane no koe, Shogyōmujō no hibiki ari. Sarasōju no hana no iro, Jōshahissui no kotowari wo arawasu. Ogoreru mono mo hisashikarazu, tada haru no yo no yume no gotoshi. Takeki mono mo tsui ni wa horobin(u), hitoeni kaze no mae no chiri ni onaji.

The sound of the Gion Shōja bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.

Somehow today this verse seems especially apropos.

Well, I don't have a proper editor right now, but that could NOT stop me from creating this small video.

The lyrics of the song make me very emotional every time I listen to them and I feel that most of the lines resonate very much with Yuzu's life and career, too...

EDIT: I've experimented with some standard animations and the rain worked surprisingly well with the overall mood of the video. So I uploaded another version of the clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRMAOe-Pi4jwjCynjrg6jxEZ4GGimBCr/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUVT8sas6g

Thank you for sharing!!  The biwa performance captures the emotion perfectly.  The tragic stories around Heike Monogatari are my earliest memories from home. I hope some day that he will get to perform Yoshitsune, especially the famous battle with Banken on the Gojo Bridge. 

That feeling of sadness followed by peaceful resolve pervades Hanyu-senshu’s free program. 

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Well, I don't have a proper editor right now, but that could NOT stop me from creating this small video.

The lyrics of the song make me very emotional every time I listen to them and I feel that most of the lines resonate very much with Yuzu's life and career, too...

EDIT: I've experimented with some standard animations and the rain worked surprisingly well with the overall mood of the video. So I uploaded another version of the clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRMAOe-Pi4jwjCynjrg6jxEZ4GGimBCr/view?usp=sharing

this is so soft and beautiful. thanks for sharing :crybaby: