Are these two tweets about the same Chinese 'top 10 athlete' list that Yuzu's been named on?

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It is too bad that only Japanese healthcare workers are receiving Yuzu's message.

I think that an American satellite should write to CNN with this story about the Japanese double Olympic figure skating champion paying a heartfelt tribute to healthcare workers who are struggling in the midst of this growing pandemic.

I think that embattled healthcare workers throughout the world would really cherish these beautiful words of appreciation and encouragement from Yuzu. The message to CNN should provide a brief background of Yuzu’s experiences and accomplishments as well as links to some of his iconic videos such as his Olympic performances and his most recent short and long programs at Japanese Nationals. Otherwise, non-figure skating fans would not know who he is. With the background, videos and proper translation, he would become unforgettable.

Yuzu is the polar opposite of Donald Trump and CNN may welcome a chance to air an apropos brief story of hope with a selfless message from someone who truly places others before himself. It would be a refreshing change from the regular diet of darkness. Perhaps I am only having a pipe dream, but it would be wonderful if it happened. (I don't remember having any opium lately...)

22 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It is too bad that only Japanese healthcare workers are receiving Yuzu's message.

I think that an American satellite should write to CNN with this story about the Japanese double Olympic figure skating champion paying a heartfelt tribute to healthcare workers who are struggling in the midst of this growing pandemic.

I think that embattled healthcare workers throughout the world would really cherish these beautiful words of appreciation and encouragement from Yuzu. The message to CNN should provide a brief background of Yuzu’s experiences and accomplishments as well as links to some of his iconic videos such as his Olympic performances and his most recent short and long programs at Japanese Nationals. Otherwise, non-figure skating fans would not know who he is. With the background, videos and proper translation, he would become unforgettable.

Yuzu is the polar opposite of Donald Trump and CNN may welcome a chance to air an apropos brief story of hope with a selfless message from someone who truly places others before himself. It would be a refreshing change from the regular diet of darkness. Perhaps I am only having a pipe dream, but it would be wonderful if it happened. (I don't remember having any opium lately...)

Exactly. Such kindness should be spread as far as possible. Yuzuru really has a way of brightening the lives of those in darkness and giving hope.

Yuzuru always treats everything so gently. :dancingpooh: From paying tribute to giving advices and encouragement and hope.

Btw the ice show that happened earlier in Nagoya caught me off guard. What t h e  he c k:embSwan:

So i showed Yuzu's pictures to my friends and its hard for them to believe that he does not apply any makeup, even though they admit that they didn't even see a single trace of eyeliner being put on.:crazyshit:

oh well how can i explain this to them..........:mischief:

1 hour ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Yuzuru always treats everything so gently. :dancingpooh: From paying tribute to giving advices and encouragement and hope.

Btw the ice show that happened earlier in Nagoya caught me off guard. What t h e  he c k:embSwan:

what ice show? i didn't see anything about it yet, was it on twitter :embSwan:

11 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

what ice show? i didn't see anything about it yet, was it on twitter :embSwan:

Yeah it was on twt!! I was so shocked

apparently its held annually, its called the Nagoya Figure Skating Festival......welp

Hace 20 horas, SuzyQ said:

HAGIO Moto (famous mangaka) commented about Yuzuru in the NHK program aired on Jan. 2.

I found this after the broadcast.  Shame on me :facepalm: I'm a big fan of her.

Fortunately they will re-broadcast it on Jan 16th (Sat) 3:00 - 4:40 pm on NHK Educational channel (E-Tele).

It might be a short comment, but I read that she said something like "Yuzuru Hanyu is like a miracle."

https://www.nhk.or.jp/meicho/famousbook/2021special/

I did not knew she was figure skating fan! Her works are jewels!!.Thank you for share!

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Yuzu proving yet again why he's bigger than figure skating. His message nearly made me weep. I sometimes wonder how can such an incredible person exist. A true leader of his sport and beyond. If only the world would follow his footsteps (clearly not, based on the pictures from that ice show with a filled audience and skaters in close contact) :emoticonaci2019_2:.

On a more light-hearted note, here's another commentary from the robot commentator, this time for H&E:

334.98 total score? I approve :yes:

13 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

Yuzu proving yet again why he's bigger than figure skating. His message nearly made me weep. I sometimes wonder how can such an incredible person exist. A true leader of his sport and beyond. If only the world would follow his footsteps (clearly not, based on the pictures from that ice show with a filled audience and skaters in close contact) :emoticonaci2019_2:.

On a more light-hearted note, here's another commentary from the robot commentator, this time for H&E:

334.98 total score? I approve :yes:

I was going to post the video but you are quicker. It was hysterical :rofl3:

But also, only around 38 secs (15%) of his performance are crossovers :eek:? Yuzu is insane!!!! 

34 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I was going to post the video but you are quicker. It was hysterical :rofl3:

But also, only around 38 secs (15%) of his performance are crossovers :eek:? Yuzu is insane!!!! 

He is pretty insane. And I actually think H&E had slightly more crossovers than some of his other programs. (Don't quote me on that; I neither timed nor counted his crossovers :smiley-scared005:)

Don't know if this has ever been posted here before, but here's a video comparing transitions among skaters' short programs in the 2017-2018 season.

You can see just how crazy Yuzu is and how complex Chopin is as a program. It's pretty incredible.

And another one for one-foot skating (basically comparing skating skills).

Yuzu is just on another level. He's lightyears away on Planet Hanyu, while everyone else is stuck on Earth :laughing: :alien-smiley-face: