Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

  

5 hours ago, monchan said:

No peace even during social isolation:(((

 

 

No respect for his privacy >:(, I am really sorry for Yuzu. :smiley-sad021: Actually he is "just" an athlete and just wants to skate. That makes me very sad. Hopefully he can continue training  undisturbed.

 

 

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

 

:thanks:

I always enjoy reading the translations. It is really great how Kikuchi-Sun has always supported Yuzu. 💕

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monchan said:

No peace even during social isolation:(((

More detail

Thinking he's Yuzu's "senior" makes me nauseous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monchan said:

More detail

Thinking he's Yuzu's "senior" makes me nauseous 

That's so inappropriate. I have no words. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

do we get to 6000 pages first or 6000 members?:think:

How close are we to either one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

do we get to 6000 pages first or 6000 members?:think:

 

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:


I think pages haha, there are 5594 members and 5983 pages now

And I think members, only five left, come on:bat-smiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, monchan said:

No peace even during social isolation:(((

:/

I'm especially disappointed that some fans would accept content from questionable sources (and gained with questionable behaviour, when not straigh out illicit) even if just to say "ah, he's alive".

Like, we don't need to have a tabloid tell us he's alive, or show us the proof. We know he is. And we know he doesn't want to give further details, as it's in his rights. His life and the lives of his family do not belong to anyone but themselves. It's so disappointing when people who call themselves fan fall in the trap of "new content at all costs". Nope. If Zu wanna give us the Worst Drought Ever, we complain and bemoan the adverse fate and joke and wonder what he's doing, but we do respect his choice.

 

 

6 hours ago, Paskud said:

yay!!!

gosh the Sochi part is both kind of hilarious (in hindsight) and heartbreaking and moving:

Quote

when I made the warm-up plan for Sochi, I used Patrick Chan’s methods as reference, but it was totally not suitable for Yuzuru.  Before official practice, he tried the warm-up programme that I had planned, and he became short of breath.  The reason is simple: there was too big a difference in stamina between Patrick Chan and Yuzuru at that time.  I realised that the warm-up which was effective for Patrick who was full of stamina, could not be used at all by Yuzuru.

poor boy:4: and poor Kikuchi, I can imagine how bad he felt for that mistake

Quote

 

To buy the tape, I ran around the streets of Sochi.  I was looking for medical shops or sports shops but the signs were all in Russian and could not be quickly understood.  I went into shops that looked like they would sell tape but I could not convey “please give me sports tape”.   I used English and gestures, and somehow managed to buy some tape, but still the amount was not enough.

That kind of farce probably reached the ears of the Japan Skate Federation people.  "We will get the tape, so (you can focus on) supporting the athlete please.“

I should have discussed with JSF staff right from the start.  I was too anxious and totally unable to see what was around me.

 

:Poohgaveup:

poor Kikuchi x2

Quote

An important duty of the trainer is to get the skater’s mental state ready. However, at Sochi, I kept disturbing Yuzuru’s state of mind.

 poor Kikuchi x3

Quote

 

 Before that, taping was needed, so I would have to go to Yuzuru’s room at 7.30am.

However, Yuzuru’s performance for the SP was too perfect and when I thought about the FS coming up, my heart started pounding…..  I could neither sit nor stand, and in the end, I left my room.  I reached Yuzuru’s room 40 minutes ahead of time.

"Oh~, sensei, what’s the matter?  You’re very early,” he said.

“I want to do a good job (with the taping) so I came over earlier,”

 

LOL I'm sorry this shouldn't be funny but kinda is. Or more like tragicomic:dpooh:

Quote

His trainer who was supposed to be his ally, was actively being an obstacle to his efforts.  I do not think that my actions gave him any good influence at all.  In any case, my self at Sochi Olympics had lost all common sense.

nooooo poor man:consoling2:

I imagine how much he was beating himself, since Yuzuru had got so few hours of rest :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

Poor man, though, being suddenly thrown in such a new experience, abroad... it mus thave felt so overhelming... and yet he did it and then he's been by Yuzu's side for so long, travelling abroad and taking care of him :sadPooh:  thinking about his attendance at olyimpic closing ceremony: Kikuchi too deserved to bask in the full olympic experience. So well deserved:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

I miss Kikuchi san, but i'm happy that now he can enjoy a quieter life at home. I hope he's taking care and maybe having a chat with Yuzu sometimes (of course staying safe and healthy).

 

also:

Quote

Later, one section of the media started to call me names like “dubious therapist” and “chakra hermit/wizard”.  There was also a rumour that “Hanyu-senshu has been brainwashed”.  But I did not mind at all.  I really am a strange old uncle.  It’s fine.

:(

poor man, knowing he was being painted like some suspicious fellow by media...

 

Quote

before the Olympics, 'okachan’ (wife) had said, “Going around the world is one of otosan’s dreams, just go if you want to,” and sent me off,  I think it was hard on the household budget.  After the Olympics is over, this role as Yuzuru’s trainer will end and I will treasure the time I have with okachan, that was how I thought.

this is so precious:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

 

last quote, I promise:

Quote

 

For example, in the Sendai dialect, there is a word “izui” 「イズイ」.   It means “doesn’t fit / doesn’t feel right” or “a discomfort somewhere”  or “not smooth”.  Sports competitors will not be satisfied with just having no pain;  they will say, “But it’s still 'izui’.”  And they leave my clinic with an 'izui face’.

 

Didn't Yuzuru himself use this exact word once?

wondering what an izui face would like:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

maybe this whole range? :disdain::2::waffle::idk::umm::dislike::wut:

 

 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

do we get to 6000 pages first or 6000 members?:think:

imagine if the 6000th member posted on the 6000th page?:knc_yuzu1:

that would be truly GOAT stuff, like zuzu getting the 1000th winter OGM!

 

an aside: I found out that searching 1000th oly gold I get loads of articles about USA getting their 1000th gold in Rio, and nothing about the 1000th OGM in the history of Winter olys (ok, 1 result, ironically by NBColy, in seocnd page of search results). Like, ok, usually Summer olys get more hype, but my petty fanyu ass is side-eyeing media so hard :knc_brian3:

 

 

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:


Kind of guessed that he’s a Yuzu fan, from the way he has a highlight on his Insta page just for a picture with Yuzuru haha

he certainly is, and a very famous one:68468287: (or infamous, depending on who you ask). And he has been a fan since before it was cool to gush about him, and keeps being a fan even if now it's cool to gush about someone else.

though

Spoiler

Be aware tho that he had some questionable takes in other matters, like selectively calling out Alysa's poor technique but not Anna's or other from Eteri's camp, and just as recently as a few days ago some stuff about cartwheels not belonging to FS

(I actually don't really disagree on this,on the ice I wanna see blades being used. But if done with purpose, fitting the theme like for Zhenya's FS, and well executed like it looks Rika's gonna be, I'm fine with that, as long as there's also going to be actual blade work somewhere in the chsq).

Also, I'm pretty sure some ID stans would be horrified knowing he roots for C/B so much LOL  (not being mean, I like C/B too:67638860:)

I wasn't exactly watching all his commantaries when he worked with Angeo Dolfini for EurosportItalia (since I didn't have the subscription) and now I merely occasionally retweet stuff when it lands on my TL, so I mostly know his Yuzu-related stuff and in the twitterverse now I often get only the reactions to his words, not his words themselves (though I remember form his podcasts some thing that in hindsight made me cringe a bit).

I'm saying this so you have the whole picture.

I want to add that, while for sure the attention he got through talking about Yuzu is always good for business (especially now that ESPita doesn't have the rights for FS anymore), I do believe he's sincere about his praises for Yuzuru and tha the truly respects him a lot, as athlete and as a person. And I do think he's more knowledgeable than many (most FS commentators and journalists for sure).

I loved listening to his podcasts because of the very..."colourful" way he talked, that made everything sound interesting and exciting and also easy to get. I also liked that he and Angelo were among the few who openly called out questionable technique and who openly spoke about the politicking in the sport

And his and Angelo Dolfini's commentaries of Yuzuru's skates are legendary <3

 

Also.... we owe the name of our forum to one of Max's famous quotes :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

 

And I think members, only five left, come on:bat-smiley:


Isn’t it 405 members left? 
 

6 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

he certainly is, and a very famous one:68468287: (or infamous, depending on who you ask). And he has been a fan since before it was cool to gush about him, and keeps being a fan even if now it's cool to gush about someone else.

though


I meant Daniel haha 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will reach 6000 pages before we get 6000 members.

 

We are at 5983 pages so we only need 17 more pages to reach 6000 pages.

 

We currently have 5595 members and still need 405 more in order to reach 6000 members.

 

Although it would be awesome to hit 6000 pages and 6000 members on the same date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LadyLou said:
  Hide contents

Be aware tho that he had some questionable takes in other matters, like selectively calling out Alysa's poor technique but not Anna's or other from Eteri's camp, and just as recently as a few days ago some stuff about cartwheels not belonging to FS

(I actually don't really disagree on this,on the ice I wanna see blades being used. But if done with purpose, fitting the theme like for Zhenya's FS, and well executed like it looks Rika's gonna be, I'm fine with that, as long as there's also going to be actual blade work somewhere in the chsq).

Also, I'm pretty sure some ID stans would be horrified knowing he roots for C/B so much LOL  (not being mean, I like C/B too:67638860:)

I wasn't exactly watching all his commantaries when he worked with Angeo Dolfini for EurosportItalia (since I didn't have the subscription) and now I merely occasionally retweet stuff when it lands on my TL, so I mostly know his Yuzu-related stuff and in the twitterverse now I often get only the reactions to his words, not his words themselves (though I remember form his podcasts some thing that in hindsight made me cringe a bit).

I'm saying this so you have the whole picture.

I want to add that, while for sure the attention he got through talking about Yuzu is always good for business (especially now that ESPita doesn't have the rights for FS anymore), I do believe he's sincere about his praises for Yuzuru and tha the truly respects him a lot, as athlete and as a person. And I do think he's more knowledgeable than many (most FS commentators and journalists for sure).

I loved listening to his podcasts because of the very..."colourful" way he talked, that made everything sound interesting and exciting and also easy to get. I also liked that he and Angelo were among the few who openly called out questionable technique and who openly spoke about the politicking in the sport

And his and Angelo Dolfini's commentaries of Yuzuru's skates are legendary <3

 

Also.... we owe the name of our forum to one of Max's famous quotes :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

 

Spoiler

He f:censor:ing called Rika mediocre and I will never forgive him this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I meant Daniel haha 🙈

LMAO :sorry2:

:68468287:

I remember Max saying once that Lorenzo Magri (Daniel's coach, who is also ISU tech specialist) had talked with him about Yuzu (and how great he was)., I think it was about 2012 (Nice WC maybe), so it's reasonable that Daniel got early exposure to Yuzu and became a fan LOL

(Though I wish that admiration could translate into better technique, but alas)

 

1 minute ago, Paskud said:
  Hide contents

He f:censor:ing called Rika mediocre and I will never forgive him this.

 

Spoiler

yeah

aside how unfounded those opinions are, he truly puzzles me with such comments because back in early 2017-18 season he sounded so very excited about her... :shrug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, monchan said:

More detail

Thinking he's Yuzu's "senior" makes me nauseous 

 

Okay, those reporters need a restraining order and charged with trespassing. That is way too far! Though I am doubtful if his female fans are still stalking the family home given the second wave of COVID-19. 

 

On a side note: Sorry for not being very active on these forums. Some of my attention has been directed to sumo wrestling (especially since I follow the lightweight yet cute Enho Akira!), though I still miss watching Yuzuru's Seimei program. If anyone asks, I will just say I am a fan of both! Can't believe it's been a whole year since ACI 2019 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...