Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu's performances from some past DOIs aired in the TBS (terrestrial digital) version of DOI2020 last night:

Highlights of Mission Impossible II from DOI2008

Highlights of "Hello, I love you" from DOI2012, day 1. He said that he could not get over his shyness while throwing his T-shirt at the end, and promised to practice more to be able to throw it with style.

Carrie Underwood's "Champion" goes so well with our man :loveeyes: Thanks to the ones that made this video :thanks:

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

And probably reproving energetically the unfair judges. 0:)

Nah, it was more like...a big confused silence when the scores were announced. Like no one could figure out what they were smoking. 

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

big, fat I Miss Yuzuru mood here😔

Oooh, thank you, in fact I had never seen this interpretation of Notte Stellata, and this choreo sequence of Let's go crazy after, he had found a music which suited perfectly the movements, what a genius!

On 9/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, sweetwater said:

He said that he could not get over his shyness while throwing his T-shirt at the end, and promised to practice more to be able to throw it with style.

he learned it all right:darklordyuzu:

he also learned that he doesn't even need to actually throw his shirt, a bit of teasing is just as good:devil3:

7 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Oooh, thank you, in fact I had never seen this interpretation of Notte Stellata, and this choreo sequence of Let's go crazy after, he had found a music which suited perfectly the movements, what a genius!

here's a version in 1080p but with eng sub of the commentary

and have you seen WTT17 Gala?

camerawork was lovely (Yuzu's shadow was so pretty! I know it sounds weird LOL), though he didn't twizzle his 3A (just a "normal" SE:biggrin:). There'a also a very lit LGC encore! The ice coverage and change of speed on that stsq is insane:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Also, the different bows for the two programs and the different final spin+pose for LGC! it was so great to see him being so hyped and blubby there at that gala! and certainly a better send off to program compared to the SP he skated there :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

Though then he also brought LGC as encore in FaOI too... and that was truly the last time we saw him skate to LGC:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I so wish him he'll bring another program with that kind of energy one day, no matter if comp or EX, just something to rock the arena like that:smiley-angelic001: he has both the technical skills and the character to blow everyone out of the water:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

The magazine stalking him at midnight is just...* shaking my head * 

Wow... just, wow. 

I'm ready to take my pike and go to battle. That is utterly disappointing, frustrating and disrespectful.