General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Busy now so I can’t translate the whole thing but looks like there is some contest on Weibo where you submit a video of yourself planking and the one who can hold it for the longest gets an autographed Yuzu photo!

Maybe in a while someone will do a full translation or I can do it later!

So here's Yuzu starting a whole fitness craze without intending to...:ohmygod:

2 hours ago, Salior said:

I wonder if girls will get their bf to do it lol 

also lmao the comments
"不小C你错了,我们既不想靠体力也不想靠运气,我们只想砸钱明白不"
C-chan you're wrong, we don't want to rely on our strength or luck, we just want to give money get it? 

The Chinese version of 'here, just take my money please'. LOL!

I actually wonder what's going to come of this. The world record for holding a plank is 8 hours, 15 minutes, and 15 seconds, by a 62 year old former US Marine. 

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

So the Citizen post on Weibo says:

Limited time event for Qixi festival

Did you enjoy today’s Yuzu video? Did you get how to plank? What are you waiting for? Time to move! C-chan will give you an activity where you rely on strength instead of luck! Win a Yuzuru Hanyu autographed photo with your own abilities! “C-chan supports you competition” starts now! (T/n: the name of the contest is kind of a word play on the chinese translation of “plank”)

Activity time: from now until august 25 2020 12:07PM (I presume China time)

Activity details: record a video of yourself doing a plank, the one who uploads a video of themselves holding a plank in proper form for the longest time before the contest ends to win an autographed picture from Yuzuru Hanyu! 

Activity rules: proper form (ps: c-chan will watch you intently!) In the video there needs to be some kind of stopwatch displayed (pps: c-chan needs to clearly see the time on the stopwatch, they will consider the duration you held the plank properly and not the duration of the video)

For more details, proper planking form and joining process please see the pictures below.

(And then here they post the links for joining the group and the links for uploading your video)

Go everyone!!

So in this post Citizen uploads 3 photos:

photo 1: basically describing more rules in detail. Every weibo ID can only upload one video, if you upload more than one video they will only consider the first one uploaded. You cannot edit the video after posting it, or you will be disqualified. The proper form will be according to the one uploaded by Citizen, if you are not holding proper form you will be disqualified. The final results will be considered using your first upload before the contest time ends. In the video you need to show some kind of stopwatch showing your plank duration (like a watch, stopwatch on your phone etc) and you have to show the timer moving and clearly displayed. Citizen owns all rights to this event.

Photo 2: a picture of a lady doing a plank with a stopwatch beside her. I assume this is the picture that Citizen is using as an example of proper form and display of the stopwatch. 

Photo 3: “c-chan supports you” battle plan:

1) Click the link to join the group on weibo
2) after joining the group, watch the notices and videos

3) upload your video according to the rules

4) fill up a questionaire

5) wait for the results to be announced

every weibo ID only has one chance to join.

this is the link to the post on weibo: 

https://m.weibo.cn/2030123513/4540006788771558

In the post you will see the links to join the group etc! They don’t specify if you have to be in China to do this, but you do need a weibo account to join and I know it’s hard to make a weibo account in some countries... :( 

The only shot I'd have, ever, of even qualifying for this is they divided it into age groups.  I'll go with the "very senior" division.

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The Chinese version of 'here, just take my money please'. LOL!

I actually wonder what's going to come of this. The world record for holding a plank is 8 hours, 15 minutes, and 15 seconds, by a 62 year old former US Marine. 

That world record would make a very long and very tedious video which no one would be able to post anywhere... 

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

Nah, all fanyus will be just glued to a screen :biggrin:

You say that like it would be a bad thing...:wink_star:

...what if we did our own planking contest on the Planet? It'd give us something to do while pining for Yuzu and I'm sure we could rustle up some kind of prizes...

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

That world record would make a very long and very tedious video which no one would be able to post anywhere... 

Yes. I feel sorry for the Guinness people who have to travel the world over witnessing stuff like that. It must get very routine after a while

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You say that like it would be a bad thing...:wink_star:

...what if we did our own planking contest on the Planet? It's give us something to do while pining for Yuzu and I'm sure we could rustle up some kind of prizes...

You mean we all post videos? For all I know nothing can prevent me from saying I spent 15 hours in a plank :P 

Just now, Fay said:

You mean we all post videos? For all I know nothing can prevent me from saying I spent 15 hours in a plank :P 

Or we could do it as a Zoom meeting and have a couple of adjudicators watch everyone.

And to level the playing field a bit, we could award prizes for things like 'most creative fail', etc

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Or we could do it as a Zoom meeting and have a couple of adjudicators watch everyone.

And to level the playing field a bit, we could award prizes for things like 'most creative fail', etc

Well, that world record made me think - what if someone does make a video of them staying in a plank for an hour or two, would someone have to watch the video from the beginning to the end? :D 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Is there no prize for simply achieving a plank?  Maybe if I can achieve four versions?

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Well, that world record made me think - what if someone does make a video of them staying in a plank for an hour or two, would someone have to watch the video from the beginning to the end? :D 

If so, C-chan has no idea what they've let themselves in for... because I'm sure there's somebody in the vast Chinese fandom who can plank for at least ten minutes or more...maybe more than one. 

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Is there no prize for simply achieving a plank?  Maybe if I can achieve four versions?

We can discuss terms. :hairflip:

Actually, it might be fun to do it along with Yuzu's programs. See who can plank for the length of LGC, like that. 

Maybe if we're sufficiently distracted by the PPOS, we won't even notice that we're planking. 

54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If so, C-chan has no idea what they've let themselves in for... because I'm sure there's somebody in the vast Chinese fandom who can plank for at least ten minutes or more...maybe more than one. 

We can discuss terms. :hairflip:

Actually, it might be fun to do it along with Yuzu's programs. See who can plank for the length of LGC, like that. 

Maybe if we're sufficiently distracted by the PPOS, we won't even notice that we're planking. 

Ummm, not sure about others, but I myself might fall over watching LGC.....

:10742290: :love: :laughing: