Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

0:) I think he may have been convinced not to try 4A at GPF had a coach been there, but his attempts were certainly very well weighted/risk assessed and to a purpose (or more).

Sure, but imagine being one of his coaches and seeing that! :eeking:

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sure, but imagine being one of coaches and seeing that! :eeking:

We all know the effects on Brian Orser's mane (that was). :wiggle:

Well, quite often if you want great achievements you have to take great risks, I guess for those 4A attempts, for him at that time the desire to land the jump outweighed the fear...

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sure, but imagine being one of coaches and seeing that! :eeking:

Tracey has mentioned how scary it is to see in practice at TCC, so watching it from across the world... poor them. But on the other hand, they are there every day, they know better than we do how he is NOT going to rest till he gets it.

Our Yuzu, always so hardworking...

I wonder what does "he hasn't landed it well yet, but has landed it on one foot" mean though...

35 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Our Yuzu, always so hardworking...

I wonder what does "he hasn't landed it well yet, but has landed it on one foot" mean though...

The mention of Patrick (Chan, I suppose) and of the quad Lutz makes me think this interview dates back to the beginning of last Olympic season.

It would be one of the earlier mentions of his attempts at 4A.

10 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

The mention of Patrick (Chan, I suppose) and of the quad Lutz makes me think this interview dates back to the beginning of last Olympic season.

I think so! Can’t read the Japanese text but it says 2017 so it seems to be from that year haha

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Yeah, it's not translated, but the very first tweet in Japanese says this is an excerpt from an article published in 2017. Kind of an important detail for the translator to have left out.

10 hours ago, TallyT said:

Tracey has mentioned how scary it is to see in practice at TCC, so watching it from across the world... poor them. But on the other hand, they are there every day, they know better than we do how he is NOT going to rest till he gets it.

I fear for Tracy's hair... she's the only one of Yuzu's coaches who has any left!

23 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

It's easy : plants tend to remember waterings, don't they? :mushroom7: Particularly when they are so memorable. For a skating-less season, of course.

Haha true :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:But thank you for making such an easy to read summary of all that's happened!:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp: